Dungeon boot system needs tweeking.

90 Human Warrior
Very fustrating thing happen'd earlier. Healer spoke in party chat to wait, Unknown to me I pull. After most of the group die'n she came back from afk in time to heal herself and guild mate(supposidly). She try's to battle rez me but i would not accept as most of the group was dead. I say in instance chat wipe it up ill mass rez. After combat they boot me and I am on 30 min CD. Now basically they became judge/jury and suspended my desired game play for what little play time I had for that morning. I have paid for this game for many years and to be shut down like that for no fault of my own is horrid.
Edited by Snakestryke on 12/3/2012 3:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Anyone can be vote kicked for any reason. While your experience is annoying, and the same has happened to myself and many others too, what they did is not against the rules.

People who kick to many people will also get the "can't kick for x number of hours" message.

If Blizzard starts putting more limitations on vote kicks, all you will see are more and more idiots intentionally disrupting raids and dungeon runs, more than the current number of idiots who do this, by hiding vote kick mechanics.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
12/03/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Snakestryke
Now basically they became judge/jury and suspended my desired game play for what little play time I had for that morning.

No, they didn't suspend you. They didn't want you in their group. That's their right, as your wishes do not supersede their wishes.

You were perfectly capable of partaking in any other aspect of the game. The cooldown is there because people would act like complete jerks, or hold a group hostage, until they got kicked, to continue popping dungeon queues with no penalty.

I have paid for this game for many years and to be shut down like that for no fault of my own is horrid.

They have also paid for this game, the same as you. They don't need a reason, and there doesn't need to be fault to kick anyone.

And to be fair, there was fault on your end. You pulled before the healer was ready, and caused a wipe, costing the others a repair bill. I understand this wasn't your intention, but it is what happened. To them, you were the party at fault.

If you'd like to suggest changes to the Vote Kick system, then you'll want to leave feedback in the Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios Forum. But if I were you, I'd step back and put your other in their shoes. If you've honestly looked at the situation from an objective point of view, and still feel there needs to changes, then please leave whatever feedback you have for the Developers to see.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Well this is true, However I'm sure the other dead members of my party did not vote to kick. These other two even said in instance chat they had seen no such message to wait. Just the two who were talking in party chat did the booting.
Edited by Snakestryke on 12/3/2012 4:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
in a random group, the other members are judge and jury. there is really no other way that it can be done. they didn't agree with your judgment - you can say that there was no fault of your own, but you made the decision both to pull, missing the chat, and then not to rez. there is plenty of room there for disagreement, and they shouldn't have to keep you if they don't like your decisions.

but, if you have a suggestion about what should be changed, feel free to post it in the dungeons and raids forum.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Basically two things are at play, the chat system and the vote count does not take into account that friends from the same realm being high and mighty. I had an instance last weak where a member of their party had been dc'd and they wanted me to drop after a half our cue time, and go on dungeon cd. When i refused they booted me and i was on cd anyways.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Well this is true, However I'm sure the other dead members of my party did not vote to kick. These other two even said in instance chat they had seen no such message to wait. Just the two who were talking in party chat did the booting.

At least one of the others voted Yes. It takes a majority to kick.

Even in situations where a majority (three members, obviously) queued together, it requires agreement from the fourth.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The new instance chat does not seem to show their own party chat anymore.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
12/03/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Snakestryke
Basically two things are at play, the chat system and the vote count does not take into account that friends from the same realm being high and mighty.

It sure does:

12/03/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Madisón
Even in situations where a majority (three members, obviously) queued together, it requires agreement from the fourth.

If there a group of four that queued together, then yes, you are at their mercy. There's no way around that, however. Obviously, you're not going to vote for yourself to be kicked, so it would be a standoff.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I know you don't like it but if the healer was still alive and 1 dps alive you should have accepted the battle rez. The healer was likely mad because he/she tried to save the group from a wipe and you forced one.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing.

From the healers POV you forced an unessacary whipe.

From your POV it was inevitable.

The group voted and you lost the vote. That sucks but just eat the 30 mins do a quest play an alt or go watch an episode of family guy come back and move on.

Someone said somthing to a jerk in a raid 2 years ago I remember word for word.

Jerk: Its my 15 dollers a month I can play how I want.

Raid leader: It is the raid's 360 dollers a month and we dont have to play with you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
12/03/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Nephe
Anyone can be vote kicked for any reason.

Truth.

If the majority votes to kick you, you are kicked.
It does not matter if you agree with them or their reasons.
It does not matter how you or they were behaving.
Nothing matters except that a majority voted to kick you. That's it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Very fustrating thing happen'd earlier. Healer spoke in party chat to wait, Unknown to me I pull. After most of the group die'n she came back from afk in time to heal herself and guild mate(supposidly). She try's to battle rez me but i would not accept as most of the group was dead. I say in instance chat wipe it up ill mass rez.

So you forced a wipe instead of accepting a brez and you're wondering why people didn't want to finish the dungeon with you? I probably wouldn't initiate a kick for that, but if somebody else proposed it I'd definitely vote yes. Nothing unreasonable about that.
Reply Quote
40 Orc Warlock
Now basically they became judge/jury and suspended my desired game play for what little play time I had for that morning. I have paid for this game for many years and to be shut down like that for no fault of my own is horrid.

The first time I read this, I felt a little sorry for OP but as I took a second read I realized that he deserved that kick. I'm sure that wasn't the whole story. For some reason, he seem to feel that he, as a paying customer, is entitled to some kind of special treatment and that everyone should listen to him without question.

Healer spoke in party chat to wait, Unknown to me I pull.

no fault of my own

There. I found your problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Let me clear this up. There was no readable chat to NOT pull. Healer came up with the group and said nothing in any chat that was readable to me. I scrolled back looking for the supposed wait don't pull.
Reply Quote
42 Tauren Paladin
12/04/2012 08:13 AMPosted by Snakestryke
Let me clear this up. There was no readable chat to NOT pull. Healer came up with the group and said nothing in any chat that was readable to me. I scrolled back looking for the supposed wait don't pull.

You're sure? cause you said in OP:

when you're in a group, you can read "party chat"..can't you?

unless it changed...dunno
Edited by Garitou on 12/4/2012 8:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I know you don't like it but if the healer was still alive and 1 dps alive you should have accepted the battle rez. The healer was likely mad because he/she tried to save the group from a wipe and you forced one.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing.

From the healers POV you forced an unessacary whipe.

From your POV it was inevitable.

This.

Seriously instead of trying to save a wipe you rather force the others that have remained alive to die and reset the mobs.

Also when does getting removed from a group put you on a CD? The only thing I remember is if a person disconnects and gets vote kicked they get a debuff.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Priest
There's 2 different chats: a "party chat" with those you've grouped with prior to queuing for an instance and an "instance chat" that everyone in the dungeon sees. If the healer typed it in party chat, the tank isn't going to see it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
to be shut down like that for no fault of my own

This right here? This was your fault.

You !@#$ed up, you wiped the group, and you got booted. Don't pull without checking party chat, unless you can handle the trash without a healer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
There's 2 different chats: a "party chat" with those you've grouped with prior to queuing for an instance and an "instance chat" that everyone in the dungeon sees. If the healer typed it in party chat, the tank isn't going to see it.

This was the core to the problem. Everyone use to see party chat..... and many do not know that now only instance chat is seen by everyone....... And even if the boss was do-able with 2 dps down its still quicker to rez and pull again , This was one of the longer boss fights even with a full group.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]