Brawler's Guild

So how's everyone doing with it?

Personally I think it's one of the more entertaining/fun "items" they have implemented, even though some things could have been done slightly better. Having good solo kills on boss like events is pretty fun, brings back memories of soloing (or trying to solo) the elite quest mobs in BC. Watching people either pull a kill out of their !@# or getting their head shoved up their own $%^ is also a blast.

How far are people getting on the server? What's holding people up?
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
12/04/2012 07:34 AMPosted by Chandrian
What's holding people up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKwPOxA4vOQ
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Waterboÿ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKwPOxA4vOQ

Can't lie, i laughed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I sold off my invitation. I tried it on my friends account and it is....a complete waste of time. So typical of my friend to build me up for something, but then to let me down. She described it as a fightclub PvP thing where players would 1v1 each other like in a duel and fight their way to the top, earning titles/mounts/achieves as they progressed. I was blown away when she told me, it sounded so cool. I did tons of BGs that day trying to get prepared for this (I don't have a lot of pvp gear, and haven't dueled in a very long time).

Turns out it's a pve thing. It's really boring; the loot sucks, seems like something I would do while waiting for a que to pop up. I can't tell the difference between the brawlers guild and just going out somewhere to kill a random elite or special, and even then it's more exciting because there is that chance that you could die and get camped by it, should you fail. All it is now is an outlet for making quick cash. I mean, anyone with a level 7 rank able to invite would have to be crazy not to throwing up the For Sale sign every time they get the chance to make a quick 10-15k.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
uhhh... they don't sell for 10-15k anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/03/2013 03:19 PMPosted by Combustabell
uhhh... they don't sell for 10-15k anymore.
Pfft says you. Advertising to the right guy who doesn't keep track of stuff could easily get you 10-15k.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Already rank 8, can't kill any of the rare bosses do.

It's a pretty good retard check in my opinion, specially rank 7. Bads will ignore it as they cant reach a decent rank or get loot
Reply Quote
Have only a passing interest.
Edited by Lyrie on 1/4/2013 1:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/04/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Lyrie
You know, you should only comment on the Hyjal or General Discussion Forums. Helpful wasn't I? We've all grown.
Reply Quote
I sold off my invitation. I tried it on my friends account and it is....a complete waste of time. So typical of my friend to build me up for something, but then to let me down. She described it as a fightclub PvP thing where players would 1v1 each other like in a duel and fight their way to the top, earning titles/mounts/achieves as they progressed. I was blown away when she told me, it sounded so cool. I did tons of BGs that day trying to get prepared for this (I don't have a lot of pvp gear, and haven't dueled in a very long time).

Turns out it's a pve thing. It's really boring; the loot sucks, seems like something I would do while waiting for a que to pop up. I can't tell the difference between the brawlers guild and just going out somewhere to kill a random elite or special, and even then it's more exciting because there is that chance that you could die and get camped by it, should you fail. All it is now is an outlet for making quick cash. I mean, anyone with a level 7 rank able to invite would have to be crazy not to throwing up the For Sale sign every time they get the chance to make a quick 10-15k.

No offense, but this all sounds more like "my friend told me these things about it, but i have never tried it. I looked up that there is no loot so didn't bother", either that or you couldn't kill Bruce.

Just that whole closing where you speak of rank 7 and 'throwing up for sale' the invite, besides giving it away, what else would you suggest people do with it?

Oh BTW, not everyone's gaming is dictated by the pretty sparklies you can get, some people can actually have fun doing something without loot.
Edited by Chandrian on 1/14/2013 2:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
You know, you should only comment on the Hyjal or General Discussion Forums. Helpful wasn't I? We've all grown.

I still have 8 toons here at 80+, it still comes up under "My" Realms. The putrid stench of your verbal regurgitation all over this forum is the only thing that keeps me away.
Edited by Alaire on 1/14/2013 12:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/14/2013 02:48 AMPosted by Chandrian
there is no loot
Wtf are you talking about dude, there is so loot. Have you ever done it? If so, then you would know that at the end you get a pouch with like 50 or so gold and an item worth about 10-20g. That is the sh*ty loot I'm talking about.
what else would you suggest people do with it?

Nothing lol. That was the whole point of my lamenting, to talk about how much I hate the brawlers guild. You asked what we thought and I told you. It sucks. The ability to sell the invitation is the ONLY benefit of that guild.
not everyone's gaming is dictated by the pretty sparklies you can get
WHAT?! No. Mine isn't either, well not completely. Ok, so some of the things I have are ostentatious, that doesn't mean everything I do is intended to impress. For example..uh..my guild isn't that big, but I enjoy being in it for the simple luxuries. Come on seriously, that's rude dude, how can you say that. I help people all the time. I'm not a greed monger.
01/14/2013 12:35 PMPosted by Alaire
The putrid stench of your verbal regurgitation all over this forum is the only thing that keeps me away.
So why are you here.....exactly. You are like a 12 year old that starts fights because they are lonely. Just go, please. Nvm scratch that, not please, just go.
Reply Quote
You asked what we thought and I told you.

Ummm, no, i asked how people are doing with it, not how pvpers feel about it.
As a pvper you will always be a pretentious ahole about any pve content, we get that, we just don't care. That doesn't change the fact that everything you said about Brawlers is ill-informed at best.

The bottomline is that if all you pvpers were so great, you'd hate Brawlers because it is too easy, but everyone has watched so many pvp clowns get laughed at because it really is not easy. So I was looking to hear from people that ran it, not from people, that incorrectly, believe they are too good to run it.
Edited by Chandrian on 1/14/2013 4:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/14/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Chandrian
As a pvper you will always be a pretentious ahole
What? No no no, I am not a *pvper*. I am mostly pve if anything. But why should that mean I don't like to pvp occasionally for fun? Face it, the way my friend described it sounded WAY cooler than what it actually is. That's all that has to be understood about this-the brawlers guild sucks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]