Please fix my broken auto-attack

90 Human Paladin
Holy paladin auto-attack has been broken since MoP released. Hard casts and ticks of eternal flame reset our swing timer or prevent it from functioning at all. We have been posting bug reports for months! Months. This is not a case of our class being nerfed, under or over powered, IT'S BROKEN !!!

Near any other class/spec in the game would surely be fixed by now. Please pull away from pet battles or whatever for a few moments and fix our auto attack or increase our passive mana regen.

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Hard casts resetting the swing timer is not a bug. I don't know about Eternal Flame...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It stops, and never starts again when you're in a dungeon or raid.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Warrior
11/19/2012 08:28 PMPosted by Naimon
Holy paladin auto-attack has been broken since MoP released. Hard casts and ticks of eternal flame reset our swing timer or prevent it from functioning at all. We have been posting bug reports for months! Months. This is not a case of our class being nerfed, under or over powered, IT'S BROKEN !!!

That's completely wrong. Ticks of Eternal Flame do not refresh the swing timer.

The only bug is that casting Eternal Flame resets the swing timer. Sacred Shield does not, so the former appears to not be WAI. Hard-casting spells is definitely supposed to reset the swing timer.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

It stops, and never starts again when you're in a dungeon or raid.

^This. I'm sorry but you can't tell me that the 10 seconds I'm sitting around "attacking" the pillar in Elegon and my toon doesn't swing even once, is not a bug. And before someone says "right click", ya i know how to auto-attack, she just isn't doing it
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There seems to be a partial fix now. I can eventually get the auto-attack to begin again. Are you other folks up and running now? Still having issues?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I can confirm that this is still broken. Your toon will not auto-attack if you have 2 or more Eternal Flames ticking on people. If you Crusader Strike, you indeed will attack and get your Seal of Insight mana return, but it will not auto-attack at any point with multiple EF's ticking...

Please fix this. Passive mana regen is nerfed hard with this bug.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I can confirm that this is still broken. Your toon will not auto-attack if you have 2 or more Eternal Flames ticking on people. If you Crusader Strike, you indeed will attack and get your Seal of Insight mana return, but it will not auto-attack at any point with multiple EF's ticking...

Add to that we should also be removed as ranged as holy. Since a viable and designed for us to return mana and build HP is to melee. Seems counter intuitive.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
what is this madness, being able to use your skills properly to make your class as viable as possible. Psh, madness i say.

It is really funny that that actually made it into the game and the devs still have not either realized or cared enough to fix the bug yet when it does stop the chance for a spec to preform at the highest level that it can.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/19/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Claudius

That's completely wrong. Ticks of Eternal Flame do not refresh the swing timer.

The only bug is that casting Eternal Flame resets the swing timer. Sacred Shield does not, so the former appears to not be WAI. Hard-casting spells is definitely supposed to reset the swing timer.

Uh, what? No, it is bugged. When you have multiple Eternal Flames rolling, you cannot auto-attack. Try it :-P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Add to that we should also be removed as ranged as holy. Since a viable and designed for us to return mana and build HP is to melee. Seems counter intuitive.

This would be nice. Don't get your hope up though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yep, this is definatley an issue. At first I assumed it was because it could be too OP to generate mana from swinging.

So many times my toon just stands there, ready to attack, but does nothing.

Its very fail
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]