Apparent Shadowform problem

I was in a dungeon and approached with a complaint I was in Shadowform. From my point of view I was not, nor was the icon active and there was no buff.

I haven't played Priest before. Any ideas? Is there something I'm missing here?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Someone complained you were in shadowform?

A shadow priest not in shadowform?

Maybe they complained you WEREN'T in shadowform?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/20/2012 12:34 AMPosted by Boojí
Maybe they complained you WEREN'T in shadowform?

Ya...

unless you where qued as a healer or something there is no reason anyone would complain for a shadow priest being in shadow form...that'd be like complaining to a frost dk for being in frost presence, or complaining to a hunter for being in aspect of the hawk.
Reply Quote
I was queued as a healer but I was doing my job ok. I was genuinely puzzled. The icon wasn't toggled on, I had no buff and I looked completely normal from my side. Couldn't figure it... must have been some sort of glitch.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
If you queued as a healer then how do you see the icon in the first place? Since you can see the icon in the first place I can only assume you are in shadow spec.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If you queued as a healer you should be in a healing spec when in the dungeon (i.e. Discipline or Holy) the queuing tool will not change your spec automatically for you. I'm guessing you probably go shadow while waiting for queues to pop and do some questing stuff. I would suggest making a macro (/m) that you click once you spawn into the instance to let the group know that you'll need a minute to switch specs and get your mana pool up. So you click the macro (from your action bars where you dragged it from the macro page) and then go to your talent page (n) and click your healing spec and click activate at the bottom of that window. You should then sit down and eat some mana food to fill your mana pool back up. When you are ready you should type /ready.
Edited by Taheraliel on 11/20/2012 3:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/20/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Taheraliel
If you queued as a healer you should be in a healing spec when in the dungeon (i.e. Discipline or Holy) the queuing tool will not change your spec automatically for you. I'm guessing you probably go shadow while waiting for queues to pop and do some questing stuff. I would suggest making a macro (/m) that you click once you spawn into the instance to let the group know that you'll need a minute to switch specs and get your mana pool up. So you click the macro (from your action bars where you dragged it from the macro page) and then go to your talent page (n) and click your healing spec and click activate at the bottom of that window. You should then sit down and eat some mana food to fill your mana pool back up. When you are ready you should type /ready.

At his level shadow can heal just fine.

While i never did queue as heals as shadow there were a couple times that the healer DC'ed or just went afk and i was able to keep tank up with just power word shield and rarely i used renew.
Reply Quote
The icon is there all the time. I click it on.. I turn black and get a buff. I click it off, I go back to normal and lose the buff. Just to make sure, I made myself a macro to turn it on and off.
But I was apparently showing Shadowform to everyone else. Go figure....

But @ Taheraliel, the macro to switch specs is a good idea. I'll try it.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]