What To Do at 90

90 Human Rogue
Don't listen to the "dailies are all there is to do" baloney. If your a hardcore raider maybe, but if your a casual and it sounds like you are, then there are all kinds of things to do:

-professions, gathering and crafting
-AH
-farm for rare drops
-level alts
-explore (on foot, you'd be surprised what gets missed with flying everywhere)
-rp
-run old content and see what you can solo
-start your own guild
-pvp
-dailies
-pet battles
-plant crops
-achievements
-LFD/LFR
-look for rare pets, since your a hunter

Blizzard designed the game so that it can be tailored to your individual playstyle, not just one or two, embrace it and have fun!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
There's more to do at max level now than at any other point in WoW's history.

You can grind rep (the "dreaded" dailies.)
You can spend your time pet battling
You can queue for BGs and gear up for PVP.
You can run dungeons and gear for LFR.
You can farm/fish/mine/otherwise tradeskill
You can explore and chase achievements like the Lorewalker's Rep with its very neat flying red cloud disk mount.
You can hunt the many rare monsters of Pandaria.
You can run scenarios for VP, gold and a chance at heroic quality necklaces and rings

There's quite a bit to do.
Edited by Kaioon on 11/23/2012 6:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Dailies is all there is to do.

I log in once a week to do conquest arena cap and raid finder on 2 characters with a friend.

Otherwise dota 2.

Honestly not sure why I still pay 15$ a month.

Impossible to find a raid guild on a dead server with no daily gear. Even with so many past hardmodes/heroic mode achievments.

Dailies aren't all to do, although there are plenty of them if you want to do them.

Personally, I have enjoyed LFR, pet battles, and scenarios. I'd like to raid again but it's been tough to get people to do them so far, so in that I can agree.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Come back when you have achievements that mean something kid.

I am the truth.

Not exactly an accurate statement.

Even people who just started and just hit 90 have relevant input into what there is, or isn't, to do at level cap.

I don't even understand what that means, that you have to be in the 10,000+ club to have any credence in the matter?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/23/2012 06:12 AMPosted by Jeremaiah
look for rare pets, since your a hunter

Took me a few hours to find Savage, a little shorter to find Stompy. I really enjoy the new system for taming rares this xpac.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Where do you spend Honor points?
How would you use justice points and are the vendors really in several places? If so, where?
How can you use valor points?
If you did not do quests in ceratin zones levelling, how do you access the Vale?
How do you get more sophisticated profession patterns? I got to 600 no problem but what now?
There are about a hundred daily quests: how are you meant to make sense of them? Do we really need to do all these busy-work dailies to be able to advance our characters (because I know I will give that a miss!).

I am running heroics and enjoying them, as I have enjoyed the new continent so far. Never have I arrived at max level before though and found it so...pretty vacant. People say that there is a lot to do at 90 but for my friends and I we are really saying to each other...um...how can we know?

helpful advice very welcome!

Above all, why is it so hard to find out the answers to these questions???

Ok, so Honor and Conquest vendors for the Alliance are at the first square of the long wall to the west in the Valley of the Four Winds next to the Hollow on the map, or if you're looking for the horde you'll have to move up about 3 or so squares into Kun-Lai Summit / Townlong Steppes border (again, third square from the bottom).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S365Ixm7nWs is a nice video to show both horde/alliance spots.

Justice and Valor points are in the same area, and are in the back side of the temple located on the little island off the coast within the Niuzao Temple in Townlong Steppes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm7qHBAQnVc&playnext=1&list=PLl8ILA-DWlu3_B_CH4LqgPNhB4pdbYk0e&feature=results_video is a nice video that shows multiple videos for different vendors (including those of the different quartermasters).

Valor points are set to specific factions, where you have to get certain statuses with them (honored, revered, etc) to attain valor items. It may sound daunting, but when you hit 90 and start doing them, trust me it takes a while to even get enough valor to attain those items and the smoothest way I've found to do so is simply by doing their quests (for example the Klaxxi I got honored with simply by doing their questline, and I'm not even done it yet and already into their dailies as well!).

Profession patterns are also done in this sense via exalted rep's.

a way to get into the valley is to learn flying and fly in at 90. or do all the jade forest and it will lead into the VotFW and eventually you will come across the quest as you get quests to follow anduin (I believe) around, which leads you into your next zone and gives a great story to boot (different perhaps for the horde).

Dailies are not necc to further your char; through questing you will get enough items to get you into heroics and you can gear up to 463 and do LFR, raids, dailies, kill the world boss: The Sha Of Anger (whom, at lvl 90 will give you a nice pair of shiny new boots to help you along), etc. which will allow you advance. if you're looking to get the epics from the factions, then yes, some grind is required, but it's a great expansion, a lot of fun, and very, very enjoyable. If you just allow yourself to learn, ask questions, do some research, you'll eventually learn how it all works. I was quite lost, myself, when I turned 90, but with the help of friends and the internet and youtube I learned well!!

By all means if you ever have any questions rol a lvl 1 alliance toon on my server and whisper me if youd like, I also have a dk named sonofaliche and I'd be more than happy to assist in any way I can.

Hope this helped!
Reply Quote
50 Undead Warlock
Get a friend to sub and level a new character with said friend.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
11/23/2012 03:48 AMPosted by Ásp
I am feeling this as well almost at once as it really is unclear what to do in very many ways.

Bro, do you even quest?!

(lol. props to those who get my meme-twist)

As you quest, you are told where to go to spend honor for PvP gear, where all of the MoP factions are located and how to start building rep with them, and if you have done the quests in dread wastes, you are ready for Heroic Randoms to get you the gear to do Regular Raiding or LFR if you wish.

Go play the game. It tells you.
Edited by Jezpaku on 11/23/2012 7:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/23/2012 07:11 AMPosted by Jezpaku
I am feeling this as well almost at once as it really is unclear what to do in very many ways.

Bro, do you even quest?!

As you quest, you are told where to go to spend honor for PvP gear, where all of the MoP factions are located and how to start building rep with them, and if you have done the quests in dread wastes, you are ready for Heroic Randoms to get you the gear to do Regular Raiding or LFR if you wish.

I'll be quite honest my path took me elsewhere; I didn't find any such quest telling me where the pvp vendor was; unless you mean the quests that take you up on the wall, and you just *happen* to come across the pvp vendors. That I understand. However, if such a quest exists, great!

Again, I read OP that you're well-versed so I'd suggest just keep doing what you do, and you should be fine. Work together! :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
This is a genuine post so trolls please move on.

I dinged 90 yesterday and it is very confusing what to actually DO. With many years played I am well used to searching google, WoWInsider and the like. yet I find many friends are quitting at 90 to level alts or head off to other games already.

Where do you spend Honor points?
How would you use justice points and are the vendors really in several places? If so, where?
How can you use valor points?
If you did not do quests in ceratin zones levelling, how do you access the Vale?
How do you get more sophisticated profession patterns? I got to 600 no problem but what now?
There are about a hundred daily quests: how are you meant to make sense of them? Do we really need to do all these busy-work dailies to be able to advance our characters (because I know I will give that a miss!).

I am running heroics and enjoying them, as I have enjoyed the new continent so far. Never have I arrived at max level before though and found it so...pretty vacant. People say that there is a lot to do at 90 but for my friends and I we are really saying to each other...um...how can we know?

helpful advice very welcome!

Above all, why is it so hard to find out the answers to these questions???

Asp, there is PLENTY to do out there. The trick is NOT to devote yourself for too long on one 'path' as that leads to severe burn out rather quickly.

1) I find pet battles immensely fun though some of the catches are extremely hard to catch and rare to boot.

2) Dailies. These, I do NOT reccomend doing all factions every single day, all day long. This WILL cause severe burnout.

3) PvE progression. Hit some heroics then LFR/normal raiding and hardmode raiding if you choose to.

4) PvP. This, obviously, is a gimmie. But as far as the vendors for lvl 90 go, they are on the wall in townlong steppes. I'm just not sure what the Horde part is called.

The trick, however, as I mentioned earlier is to NOT do everything all day everyday. Pace yourself, switch things up once in a while and ENJOY yourself. Don't worry so much about loot, honor points, CP, JP, VP and rep rewards...we'll all get there in our own sweet time in our own sweet fashion.

/Gnomefist
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I do BGs
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
11/23/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Arës

Bro, do you even quest?!

I'll be quite honest my path took me elsewhere; I didn't find any such quest telling me where the pvp vendor was; unless you mean the quests that take you up on the wall, and you just *happen* to come across the pvp vendors. That I understand. However, if such a quest exists, great!

Again, I read OP that you're well-versed so I'd suggest just keep doing what you do, and you should be fine. Work together! :)

It wasn't clear. I never found the questline either, I had to google where the pvp vendors were, then it clicked because the horde location is in a more visible spot while leveling. The alliance location is easily overlooked.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Dailies, dungeons, heroics, scenarios, raids, pet battles, pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I've hit my first lvl 90 and was of the same mind 'what do I do now?'. I've discovered that using the achievements as my new 'quest' list keeps my lvl 90 busy enough. there are so many achievements I haven't completed that it's fun working my way through them. I'm never bored in WoW!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Dailies is all there is to do.

I log in once a week to do conquest arena cap and raid finder on 2 characters with a friend.

Otherwise dota 2.

Honestly not sure why I still pay 15$ a month.

This. Also it's a laugh that we have to ask people where to go spend honor. A few months after MoP most people I talked too still thought it was in Orgrimmar when I asked.
Edited by Tabuu on 3/7/2013 7:53 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]