Best warlock leveling spec?

90 Human Warlock
I dont know which of the three specs is best.. :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
bump
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
According to the thread that I made and the research I've done that I should have done from the get go Affliction is on top followed by Demon then Destro. I see alot of destro locks. It's all about what you enjoy. I'm going affliction. If I don't like it I'll change to Demon. :D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
11/24/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Luciardra

Leveling: Demo w/ void walker as tank.

DPS (dungeons and things): Aff if you have the gear for it.

BG: Destro.

Arena: Demo.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
i had a lot of fun going 85-90 as destro with void tanking

bgs are fun in destro.

haven't tried arena yet.. still 89 :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

Leveling: Demo w/ void walker as tank. --Destro is also nice if you prefer to kill things one at a time.

DPS (dungeons and things): Demo/destro. Aff dots don't really help you unless you blanket the whole group of mobs with dots.

BG: Definitely Demo. Destro has too many hard casts.

Arena: Demo.
Edited by Vethelan on 11/24/2012 9:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
All 3 specs are viable in all facets of the game. If you're leveling, just try them all and stick with what you like.

This simply isn't true. Affliction is not at all viable for leveling dungeons. Things die way too fast.

Stop trying to be diplomatic and just answer the guy's question properly.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I just leveled this lock destro and it's been the most fun I've had playing WoW
Reply Quote
86 Human Warlock
Demo for everything is a blast
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Demo is pretty great for leveling and doing stuff like dailies, etc. Destro isn't bad either.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I've been leveling this lock like crazy for the last few weeks and did Demo 10-79 and Affliction since 79 (which is when you get Soul Swap) and is incredibly fun (and fast). Prior to 79, I would definitely advise against Affliction and just go with Demo or Destro. If you're doing dungeons, I would definitely suggest Demo because stuff will die way too fast for Affliction (at least until MOP dungeons) to do much damage. I only switched to Affliction at 79 because I love dots and plan to main spec Aff so I needed to get familiar with the spec, otherwise you can just stay Demo 10-90 for questing and dungeons.

When questing as demo: Always use the void demon. Pull several mobs with corruption and once all the mobs you've pulled run in and are grouped together, use Hand of Gul'Dan and start looking for the next group of mobs to pull.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I've had an amazing time as Demonology with Glyph of Demon Hunting. Use Felguard (make sure Threatening Presence is off auto-cast) and keep threat on everything yourself. You still do quite a bit of damage and you can keep up Aura of Enfeeblement and Fury Ward to take minimal damage. Combined with Glyph of Soul Consumption (which works with Dark Apotheosis), there is no down time.

AoE pulls are glorious with Felguard.

I obviously don't do any instances though.
Edited by Symph on 11/25/2012 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I like destro best for leveling, quick burst and never oom. can't handle the bigger pulls that demo can, but hey I still found myself surviving. Never tried aff, got burned on it during wrath and just can't do it anymore. That being said, I find demo to be the better choice for dungeons.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
Demonology + Glyph of Demon Hunting = The most fun I've ever had leveling any character in WoW.

I feel like I can take a hit like a tank but pump out unbelievable amounts of damage.

I can switch from ranged to melee at the click of a button and vice versa.

Plus, being able to save the day when the tank dies in dungeon runs is always a great feeling.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Destruction is the best levelling spec, this is pretty much a fact.

It's not a fact at all, given that the best way to level from 15-55 is by doing dungeons, and the best spec for that is demo by far. Destro is great against single target quest mobs that get 2 shotted by Chaos Bolt/Shadowburn but it doesn't have the ability to handle big pulls like demo, and has a hard time even with the random AOE quests like the ones that spawn 12 ants or baby silkworm or whatever.

Demo handles all of that with ease, and isn't much slower than destro on single targets either.
Edited by Hoimen on 11/26/2012 10:06 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]