PLEASE READ!!! I need to find a class for me!

55 Gnome Death Knight
I am having a very very VERY hard time finding which class i should play. I don't care if it is Melee or Range attackers I just want to be that guy that goes into a battle ground and gets easy kill and goes into a dungeon and gets high damage. Most people will say go with what you want to play...thats my problem...idk.
Something ...easy.
PLEASE help me out.
Reply Quote
24 Blood Elf Priest
You said it yourself, you need to find a class for you. So start searching!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
No one can really answer this for you. I can't speak for the PvP side of things, but any class properly played can do great damage. Choose a class with a flavor and style you appreciate. Trying to force yourself to play the "best" class is just going to lead to dissatisfaction.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Mage
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
1) Success (especially in doing damage) is MUCH more about your effort as a player than about the class you are playing.

2) The classes that do the most damage tend to get nerfed. And then you have to level and gear up the new flavor.
Reply Quote
29 Goblin Shaman
I am having a very very VERY hard time finding which class i should play. I don't care if it is Melee or Range attackers I just want to be that guy that goes into a battle ground and gets easy kill and goes into a dungeon and gets high damage. Most people will say go with what you want to play...thats my problem...idk.
Something ...easy.
PLEASE help me out.

Me too. Better yet, I want all my damage to be passive, so I can just walk around and everything around me dies...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
You should roll a FotM- that sounds about accurate to what you want to play. If you aren't willing to put effort into learning your class, you'll never be top anything.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
You actually have SEVERAL choices.

All of these choices are good in pve. I am not saying that any of them are TOP in pve but they are all GOOD. You can go into dungeons and "do a lot of damage".

Lock --> demo can be very deadly in pvp and can just explode people in a few globals. demo can also burst healers who aren't well prepared or well played. afflic is a TOP pve spec.

Warrior --> arms warriors CAN 1 shot people and it DOES happen. then when they are not doing that they CAN and DO 3 shot people. when an arms warrior pops his cds usually three or more people around them die... and because of mobility "around" means in the same bg with them. also with the 20% damage reduction on defensive stance + second wind they really CANT be killed once well geared unless the other guy pops their burst cds. that is freak'n amazing. you are UNKILLABLE outside of offensive cds... they are the only class in the game like that atm AND they also have their OWN defensive cds that can be popped to negate other's burst cds.

Mages --> frost mage control and damage is RIDIC. frost mage damage when only casting frostbolt is REALLY BAD. frost mages are NOT dangerous because of spamming frostbolt. frost mages are dangerous, and DEADLY, because they can burst people from 100 to 0 ONCE EVERY 30 SECONDS. most classes can only do this ONCE EVERY TWO OR THREE MINUTES. this means that mages can do this SIX TIMES as often as most. on frozen targets they just MELT people and they have many ways to set that up and many ways to escape and live until they can get that set up. they have GREAT control, GREAT escapes and defenses and GREAT offense. MAGES ARE PROBABLY YOUR BEST BET FOR WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR. fire mages can be a top pve spec.

Priest --> spriest is one of the strongest all around pvp classes atm. they might be the BEST pvp class atm. i am not sure how well they will fare after the healing nerfs. right now they are amazing. they can kill people in their silence when set up properly with the dots + pet + devouring plague + INSTANT NUKE procs. the pet does AMAZING damage now.

ALL IN ALL mages are your safest bet. they are generally the best and stay the best with odd anomalies (like spriest atm).

EVERYONE HAS A BAD DAY --> locks can and will and are trained by melee and get zerged down. warriors can and will and are trained and zerged by ranged. mages can be trained and zerged by piles of people as well and so can priest. melee is a bit harder cause they have to run up close and personal and so be in range of melee AND range... BUT ALL CLASSES can be zerged and killed. mages, priests and warriors have better defense against this than locks.

your call
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Every class is good if you know how to play it. Some just have advantages over others in pvp but over all if your a good player there isn't much of a difference at max lvl. If your a good player you'll be good at whatever you play and if your not that great ask for help from people that are and stick to one thing till you get good at it :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Hunter. They almost level themselves. When anyone says they haven't played this game before, I always tell them - hunter, go hunter. You can solo elites that would pwn a priest or a mage. Just send the pet in. If the pet dies, you can run away and res the pet, but usually the pet and you can burn it down before that happens.

And if decently skilled hands, a hunter can be quite amusing to play. Misdirect and feign death will provide you hours of enjoyment in dungeons low and high.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Go mage! :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I suggest going with a class that "seems" the most funnest to you.

Or if you wanna one shot people be either a mage, warlock, preist or war.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Don't go mage if you want to have fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]