I need one ilvl for lfr.. Help me

Blizzard Employee
11/26/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Manaaddicted
There is no guarantee that OP will get anything to help matters even after the reset.

Sure there is. He has a few valor upgrades left.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Not very many easy to get options other than trink... mabye run some heroics hope for a drop or farm enough jp to get a 458 trink might be just enough to push u over that 1 point. Or try for a decent MsV pug might get lucky there too.
Edited by Jellysickle on 11/26/2012 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Lovely how everyone is disregarding the first line of his responce.

the OP has plenty of options outside of capping GL or Klaxxi to upgrade thier ilvl........but out friendly mod felt the fisrt and most important thing a player could have done was finish dailys. You can look at it with rose colored glasses all you want but if I was the OP the mods responce was a slap in the face.

No, you're just so embittered about the subject that you'll take anything any Blue says about dailies and immediately jump to "There! There! You see?! They want to FORCE us to do dailies!?! SLAP IN DA FACE!!!1"

Clean the spittle from your chin; your nerdrage is showing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/26/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Bashiok
There is no guarantee that OP will get anything to help matters even after the reset.

Sure there is. He has a few valor upgrades left.

Unless you are hinting that 5.1 is tomorrow. Please say that 5.1 is tomorrow. :p
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Bashiok
Community Manager
If you were exalted with Golden Lotus or Klaxxi there are a couple upgrades for you. There's a couple tailored items too, but you're short on gold so... Headmaster's Will?

Golden Lotus and Klaxxi rewards are unique in this expansion in that they both require effort and diligence to obtain not only reputation but ALSO valor points as well.

I feel defeated when, after laboring for weeks to reach a reputation goal, I am still not eligible to obtain reputation rewards because I will need to wait a week or more to obtain the valor points needed.

Was having both a difficult reputation goal as well as a difficult currency goal a good design choice for reputation rewards?

I think he was referring more towards the "FREE" epics those two factions offer at exalted via quests, rather than the VP rewards in this case.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Bashiok
Community Manager
If you were exalted with Golden Lotus or Klaxxi there are a couple upgrades for you. There's a couple tailored items too, but you're short on gold so... Headmaster's Will?

Golden Lotus and Klaxxi rewards are unique in this expansion in that they both require effort and diligence to obtain not only reputation but ALSO valor points as well.

I feel defeated when, after laboring for weeks to reach a reputation goal, I am still not eligible to obtain reputation rewards because I will need to wait a week or more to obtain the valor points needed.

Was having both a difficult reputation goal as well as a difficult currency goal a good design choice for reputation rewards?

pretty sure the items he was talking about do not require valor, they come free after doing some quests once you hit exalted.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Bashiok
Community Manager

Oh, I was just referring to the rewards from Exalted quests. Not Valor items.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30646
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31612
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Hey Bashiok, your first link to a drop from Scholomance has a "Very Low" drop rate.

Have the dev's ever discussed those loot drop boost items to things outside of raids, or am I missing that they already do?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I think the item requirements for LFR are somewhat nonsensical.

I was sitting at 458 and therefore not allowed in the LFR. I was subbed into a 10 man as a replacement; I did 47K DPS on the encounter. I got to 463 by buying justice items that were not an upgrade over my dragon soul gear.

Then at 467, I was breaking 60K DPS on most encounters in vaults 10 man. I was not allowed in the 470 LFR. I had to wait two weeks and hope for LFR/10 upgrades to enter.

Once I got into the LFR, I see masses of people doing 30-40K damage on most encounters.

What is the intent behind the LFR's minimum item level? You would think that its to gate entry for those who are only doing 30-40K damage. Clearly though, there is no direct correlation between ilvl, and playing skill

-.-
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Way to twist words..
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
1. Upgrade trinket - as other posters have suggested, this seems your easiest option as you can run heroics to get a 463 and obtain that needed 1 point. Target heroics which have a needed trinket using the in game Dungeon Loot finder (shift-J is default). If needed, you can keep running randoms, but you are better off targeting all the known loot drop locations first.

2. I presume you have the darkmoon faire deck completed as per your original post. If that's the case, see if you can offer to trade that plus anything you can for a completed trinket.

3. I presume you have already done Sha and both MV's this week. But if not, clearly this is an option too and using any Elder Charms if you have some.

Just brainstorming with ya - good luck.

Frum
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
1. Upgrade trinket - as other posters have suggested, this seems your easiest option as you can run heroics to get a 463 and obtain that needed 1 point. Target heroics which have a needed trinket using the in game Dungeon Loot finder (shift-J is default). If needed, you can keep running randoms, but you are better off targeting all the known loot drop locations first.

2. I presume you have the darkmoon faire deck completed as per your original post. If that's the case, see if you can offer to trade that plus anything you can for a completed trinket.

3. I presume you have already done Sha and both MV's this week. But if not, clearly this is an option too and using any Elder Charms if you have some.

Just brainstorming with ya - good luck.

Frum

All excellent suggestions! Thanks for those.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
And one final thought, you reference spending your valor and conquest pts, but I don't see any 489 Valor gear or 483 conquest gear via armory. I see from your log that you purchased the Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Dominance which is why you are likely 469 gear. So, my earlier suggestion of running heroics is not applicable as you already have a 483 and 463... But the other 2 suggestions still hold.

Good luck!
Edited by Frumbles on 11/26/2012 2:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
People (not necessarily the OP) really need to stop complaining about how they didn't take advantage of an option for gear upgrades. You have so many ways to gear up.

I had a similar issue with my mage. I didn't want to do dailies on him and my DK so I was gearing without the benefit of VP gear. It was a b---- and a half to finally hit 470, but that was my choice. I could have easily put some time into doing dailies and gotten the job done. Have 4 jobs and no time for dailies? Why then would you be surprised that the dude with only 1 job and loads of free time is able to gear faster than you?

Stop expecting rewards without effort, or did you honestly think you should get 489 gear for just logging in?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/26/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Relesa
The item drops in Scholomance.

Yeah with a good chance not to ever see that item drop. Your time is far better spend doing dailies for the same amount of effort and they will reward you far better gear at a guaranteed rate along with cosmetic rewards and extra loot rolls in raids.
Edited by Noctemtenchi on 11/26/2012 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
11/26/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Noctemtenchi
The item drops in Scholomance.

Yeah with a good chance not to ever see that item drop. Your time is far better spend doing dailies for the same amount of effort and they will reward you far better gear at a guaranteed rate along with cosmetic rewards and extra loot rolls in raids.

I made a later post, wondering if the Charms of Good Fortune (didn't know the name then) might be made to help with Dungeons as well, or if they already do. This may help address the issue long term, if Dungeons can be added as well.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Farm for another trinket... except you willl probably loose it to the healer or druid tank 4 times in a row :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]