I need one ilvl for lfr.. Help me

90 Worgen Druid
11/27/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Morrigahn
Bashiok's advice is poor.

Well considering the limitations the OP gave us. Doesn't want to spend gold, already used valor/conquest that really just leaves dungeon drops as an alternative. And considering he put the staff after some ellipses with a question mark at the end one should try not to take that too seriously. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Again with the "slap in the face". What a sad come back when someone was just making a SUGGESTION for a quick solution to the OPs problem.

None of the options are quick. Even the epic Heroic drop would require more time spent running an instance daily to gain an epic item than it would to gain Exalted in every faction in MoP.
I read Bashiok's post then reread it, then read it again and I was still seething at the back-handed reply. There is nothing more frustrating then running an instance over and over and over and over again and not seeing an item upgrade drop, and then have a Blue recommend it as an upgrade.

Bashiok doesn't have the snarky tone that Zarhym usually replies with, so I'm surprised to see this sort of sarcasm from him.
Unless he's serious, then I'd have to see the reasoning behind his thought process.

1. It was a factual statement. The item is an upgrade. You clearly prove this by your own math as well as stating the number of times you have ran the dungeon. Clearly you are sour due to not attaining said item. Someone could very well run that dungeon once and see the drop. Once again, a reason why it is a viable upgrade.

2. It was meant to be humorous as well, you can easily distinguish this from the tone. It was in no way rude or backhanded. Have you never openly joked regarding farming for a sought after yet very difficult item to attain with a friend or guild? This is a community of players, it was appropriate in every aspect.

3. You were being sarcastic and definitely rude. Are your expectations higher because the other is affiliated with Blizzard?
Edited by Auvvi on 11/27/2012 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/26/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Bashiok
It's super rare, but it's an option. :

yet again bash you have succeded in making me smile
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
11/26/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Bashiok
They aren't. He just doesn't want to wait 1 day for the weekly reset. If he doesn't want to wait 1 day his options are limited.

They aren't limited to a "Very Low" drop rate from a dungeon he can only ensure he runs once a day either though, lol. I don't remember seeing a single epic drop from a 5man on any of my 3 90s... he has a much better chance at getting something crafted. Linking a 5man epic is just cruel =P
Edited by Ninetales on 11/27/2012 9:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
BEST OPTION:

458 Justice Point (or) Honor Trinket. Keep it in your bag for the extra iL to queue for LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
It's so shiny and pretty I love my Headmaster's Will, however ever since I won it I've yet to see any other epic drop in any heroic dungeon. The drops are very rare! Even in lfr winning a piece of loot is somewhat of a Myth. Even being loaded down with extra roll tokens winning loot from lfr is in fact very rare. I am not a happy ''Panda'' when it comes to the new lfr loot system.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Golden Lotus and Klaxxi rewards are unique in this expansion in that they both require effort and diligence to obtain not only reputation but ALSO valor points as well.

I feel defeated when, after laboring for weeks to reach a reputation goal, I am still not eligible to obtain reputation rewards because I will need to wait a week or more to obtain the valor points needed.

Was having both a difficult reputation goal as well as a difficult currency goal a good design choice for reputation rewards?

Oh, I was just referring to the rewards from Exalted quests. Not Valor items.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30646
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31612

Am I the only one who thinks it's ridiculous that the exalted rewards are items nearly identical to those available for valor at honored? What are the chances you get from honored to exalted without getting those two pieces? I say practically zero. Fake reward is fake.
Edited by Anderine on 11/27/2012 9:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Lovely how everyone is disregarding the first line of his responce.

the OP has plenty of options outside of capping GL or Klaxxi to upgrade thier ilvl........but out friendly mod felt the fisrt and most important thing a player could have done was finish dailys. You can look at it with rose colored glasses all you want but if I was the OP the mods responce was a slap in the face.

I'll work on listing items by importance in my future posts. Thanks for the feedback.

I didn't see anything wrong with anything you posted Bashiok. It's amazing how these people can put in the effort to be offended by, and respond to, every Blue word on the forums, but can't spare fifteen a day to do one faction's dailies. You Blues have a lot more patience with these whiners than I'd have.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Oh, I was just referring to the rewards from Exalted quests. Not Valor items.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30646
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31612

Am I the only one who thinks it's ridiculous that the exalted rewards are items nearly identical to those available for valor at honored? What are the chances you get from honored to exalted without getting those two pieces? I say practically zero. Fake reward is fake.

... Talk about trying to find anything to cry about. They don't cost valor. That's the reward. There's this thing in the game, maybe you've head of it, called a valor cap. You can get 1,000 valor a week. These rewards would have cost two weeks each of valor caps but we get them for just hitting exalted. That's three weeks of valor we either don't have to get or can now spend some other way.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
11/27/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Anderine

My hunter has both and uses them - I chose not to upgrade those slots with valour and work on others. I still have 463 gloves to upgrade after I got to exalted with both Klaxxi and Golden Lotus. Exalted is guaranteed items, drops from LFR are not.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Are you taking a piss?

You made the Heroic dungeons have a 0.3% to 0.4% drop chance for epics and you are expecting that to drop before an LFR drop, much less before he gets into LFR? The player would have to run that single instance 250 times to get near a 50% probability of seeing that epic drop.

I can't tell if you are being serious or trolling right now.

If you want those items to be viable upgrades, you will have to increase the drop chance. As it stands, the OP has a greater chance of getting an LFR drop than seeing the Heroic epic.

I have ran that instance every day - barring holidays and travel time - since I hit 90 and I have never seen the epic bow drop in the Gates instance; I have 30 kills to date. And when I was grinding Heroics for pre-raid gear, I never saw one epic weapon drop.

Unless there was an increase to drop rates for Heroic epics that I am unaware of, I expected more than this sort of sarcastic response from a Blue.

I'd say you need to work a bit on your humor, since it seems you haven't smiled for a long time.

11/27/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Anderine

Well, I don't know about you, but the ring I got from hitting exalted with the Klaxxi is obviously better for me than all the valor rings available. Hit and haste... yum.
Edited by Silverlìght on 11/27/2012 9:53 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]