Table Top games that would make good MMOs

100 Undead Warlock
Those of us who enjoy Table top RPGs or boardgames know that there are a lot of very interesting and well written IPs out there that could make excellent MMOs. There have been a few attempts in the past, many of which didn't work out so well unfortunately, but I don't think game developers should stop looking at Table top for new ideas.

Someone is already converting Pathfinder for an MMO, and another company is doing World of Darkness. I wish both those efforts good luck and hope they produce some excellent games (and before anyone says No, neither of those is going to be a WoW killer) and there are still rumors floating around about a 40K mmo. Plus I've heard some talk of a Shadowrun game as well

There are quite a few other games out there that would be excellent sources for a new MMO.

For my part I would love to see MMOs based on CuthulhuTech or Eclipse Phase. Both are dark horror SciFi settings. Eclipse Phase even has character respawn built into their setting as players can upload their EGO into new bodies or make back ups before they go on dangerous missions.

So what Table top RPG games do you play that you think would make a good MMO.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Maybe, and I'm reaching here, but Talisman?
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Warrior
Dark Sun's already been an MMO.

Planescape might work though.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Dark Sun's already been an MMO.

Planescape might work though.

Planescape would be really interesting as an MMO, particularly the Alignment interactions with the Planes. would make for some neat faction based PVP.

11/26/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Murrloc
Maybe, and I'm reaching here, but Talisman?

Talisman is a fun game but I'm not sure how well it would translate.

then again we have online Settlers of catan so someone could probably make it work
Edited by Drakmor on 11/26/2012 7:41 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]