Upgrading Season 12 to Season 12 Elite.

90 Human Paladin
So here is my question.. If you upgrade the Regular Season 12 Malevolent gear twice and then say you get 2200 and upgrade to the elite, does your upgrades you already made to the previous gear remain or do you now have to spend additional conquest to upgrade the 2200 gear twice now?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
They remain. If a piece of gear is used as currency for a new piece of gear, upgrades are preserved.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/27/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Bashiok
They remain. If a piece of gear is used as currency for a new piece of gear, upgrades are preserved.

Glad to see you're working on the real issues
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

^

This change will harm PvP in the long run and already is. Why is gear being emphasized and PvP more and more? Also, double upgraded Heroic Weapons will be blatantly superior to their PvP counterparts (at least for melee/physical classes) after this change.
Edited by Psyops on 11/27/2012 7:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Death Knight
11/27/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Totems
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Oh, this is GREAT to know. Would have been risky to experiment to find out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT

Perhaps there could be a system built in place if we upgrade a piece of gear (in PvE) from normal to heroic? (e.g., I have a 496 Belt named Belt of X. I pick up the 509 Heroic Belt of X. Could there be a way to pass the upgrades?)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/27/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Totems

.... And this is why Blues rarely post.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue

Does this include weapons too? Like if I upgraded my T1 weapon if I got the T2 version later on would it keep the upgrade?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Man, thank god we got an answer for this big issue. Swell!
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Death Knight
11/27/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Cunsumed

.... And this is why Blues rarely post.

They are posting on the wrong topics.

There is an uproar on stuff that wasn't even in the patch notes.
They completely ruined a class without any reason.

It would be nice if they addressed the things that actually mattered.

Though, it is always nice to know that I can upgrade my stuff and then not have to worry about GCD-ing someone with my newly acquired T2 gear.

(disclaimer: T2 gear is only available to Warriors & Mages at the moment as all other classes have been nerfed into the ground.)

Yea?
Yea.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
11/27/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Ereg
Does this include weapons too? Like if I upgraded my T1 weapon if I got the T2 version later on would it keep the upgrade?

elite gear is just for show.... t2 weapons arent
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
They are posting on the wrong topics.

There is an uproar on stuff that wasn't even in the patch notes.
They completely ruined a class without any reason.

It would be nice if they addressed the things that actually mattered.

Though, it is always nice to know that I can upgrade my stuff and then not have to worry about GCD-ing someone with my newly acquired T2 gear.

(disclaimer: T2 gear is only available to Warriors & Mages at the moment as all other classes have been nerfed into the ground.)

Yea?
Yea.

Nice long post to a sentence, must make it important.

Acting like a child will get you attention though. Won't it?

Instead of simply saying "Hey, hopefully you guys have seen these issues: A, B and C." Out comes Mr. Smartypants "LOL NICE RESPONSE TO A DUMB THREAD."

Back his post more by all means, I don't mind, but this is why they don't post. Because of pointless posts by other players.

Finally, even if he were to say "Yes we know about them, and we're working to find a fix ASAP." You'd have people say "LOL THIS WASN'T EVEN TESTED YOU GUYS SUCK." Again, rather than reporting and assisting where the problem may be occurring "I've found the problem to occur when I do this or this."
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter

HOLY SH*T They actually did something nice with T2 gear for once.

Still waiting on gems/chants
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Death Knight
11/27/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Cunsumed
pointless post

This pretty much sums up your argument.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]