Dancing steel not proccing on both weapons.

(Locked)

100 Tauren Warrior
As title says is anyone else noticing their dancing steel off hand procs just refresh the duration?
90 Worgen Warrior
Yes, it simply refreshes. However, the overall uptime has increased to 80%.

If you put DS on the MH and WS on the offhand, each buff would have 40% uptime, and it would be a dps loss.
100 Tauren Warrior
Landsoul is using dancing steel and windsong on his weps so there must be something to using both enchants only time will tell i guess.
90 Tauren Warrior
Oddly he has Windsong main hand and Dancing Steel off hand. He could likely be testing proc rates due to wild strike hits.

Last info I saw on EJ was double dancing steel was roughly 900 more dps. Not sure how old the testing on it was though.
90 Orc Warrior
11/27/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Cloudan
Landsoul is using dancing steel and windsong on his weps so there must be something to using both enchants only time will tell i guess.

STOP THAT.
90 Pandaren Warrior
Simmed, pre 5.1, double dancing steel was a 500 dps boost over DS/WS.
I'm still waiting for simcraft to be 5.1 ready, but I assume this is no longer the case because you can't get double DS procs, just refreshes, where our damage is already in small bursts that utilizing a DS proc as well as bonus crit or mastery. I don't honestly know because I can't sim it to see. I'm currently testing it against the other dps warrior in my guild who is still running double DS.
100 Tauren Warrior
Simmed, pre 5.1, double dancing steel was a 500 dps boost over DS/WS.
I'm still waiting for simcraft to be 5.1 ready, but I assume this is no longer the case because you can't get double DS procs, just refreshes, where our damage is already in small bursts that utilizing a DS proc as well as bonus crit or mastery. I don't honestly know because I can't sim it to see. I'm currently testing it against the other dps warrior in my guild who is still running double DS.

Sweet as let me know how it all turns out, very interested to hear.
Edited by Cloudan on 11/28/2012 3:04 AM PST
100 Orc Warrior
im gonna simcraft me eating rotten grapes/and a a rotten hep A infested mcdonalds fish sandwich...BRB

hour later

yeah twas bad...real bad
100 Orc Warrior
Oddly he has Windsong main hand and Dancing Steel off hand. He could likely be testing proc rates due to wild strike hits.

Last info I saw on EJ was double dancing steel was roughly 900 more dps. Not sure how old the testing on it was though.

The hand an enchant is on means nothing with the RPPM system. Any attack with any hand can proc either enchant. This is because restricting which hands can proc which enchants would have no impact whatsoever on the overall proc rate.

In my current gear, the difference between 2xDS and 1xDS/1xWS is a whopping 25 DPS in favor of 2xDS. With better weapons(heroic anything), WS on OH would certainly pull ahead due to the rising value of secondary stats.
Edited by Rallik on 11/28/2012 10:51 AM PST
90 Worgen Warrior
holy crap old info, edited.
Edited by Collision on 7/9/2014 8:35 PM PDT
100 Tauren Warrior
My dancing steel is double proccing again, anyone else's also double proccing?
90 Worgen Warrior
Just an FYI, they changed it to double Proc. This also allows for all 6 Windsong buffs to be up at the same time if you duel wield it.
100 Tauren Warrior
11/30/2012 12:42 AMPosted by Ochron
Just an FYI, they changed it to double Proc. This also allows for all 6 Windsong buffs to be up at the same time if you duel wield it.

Awesome change.
100 Human Rogue
bump.

How about in the new patches?

5.4.7 and so on...

What is the best combo and does dancing steel stack, or simply refresh the buff?
90 Undead Warrior
Doubt this is a legitimate bump, but DS gets trumped at some point, I think after obtaining a WF+ Thok's trinket. When I simmed my character WS was about even with DS. Since I had just got new weapons, I went with the cheaper alternative. After that DS is better at some other threshold that I haven't reached yet. I'd wait until someone who's been at that point could explain better.
Edited by Onarenth on 7/9/2014 6:14 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Warrior
07/09/2014 06:11 PMPosted by Onarenth
but DS gets trumped at some point
If by trumped you mean slightly worse, sure. Literally under 1k dps difference.

07/09/2014 05:55 PMPosted by Widdower
bump.

How about in the new patches?

5.4.7 and so on...

What is the best combo and does dancing steel stack, or simply refresh the buff?

Yes it can double proc.

As per Collisions blog:
1: Between 40-46% self-buffed crit.
2: More than 40-45% self-buffed mastery
3: A Thok's Tail Tip of 570~ ilevel or greater

Then windsong on both of your weapons is very likely the best weapon enchant for you.
Once you reach 46% self-buffed crit, in most cases double dancing steel will start to become better, and will undoubtedly be better any higher than that. The amount of mastery isn't important at this level of crit.

However, the only way to be sure is to simulate your character and find out.

You can read more on it here if you wish:
http://warriordpr.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/time-to-swap-weapon-enchants-again.html

edit: Just realised both your weapons are unenchanted on your posting toon, I hope you realise this is the warrior forums? If you are looking for help with rogue enchants go post over in their forums instead of bumping 2 year old threads.
Edited by Hello on 7/9/2014 6:56 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]