Mount Collecting: The Completionist Guide

90 Gnome Mage
Obviously everyone is aware of the new mount achievement that awards a Jade Pandaren Kite String for 150x mounts.

Well, I spent over 40x hours putting together a guide that lists all 350+ mounts available in the game. For those interested, feel free to browse: http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1358/mount-collecting-the-completionist-guide

The guide will help you better move up the Mount Ranks on: http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=19&r=&w=&n=

Enjoy!
Edited by Ilistokedill on 11/28/2012 7:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Very nice guide. Haven't really been that interested in mounts. I'll most certainly use your guide... when I finally start. :P

I didn't see the Huojin or Tushui factions? Not sure if I just missed them.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Sadly guildox ranks don't mean crap anymore with the armory data showing horde/alliance/class mounts all on the one character :(

But nice guide.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Sadly guildox ranks don't mean crap anymore with the armory data showing horde/alliance/class mounts all on the one character :(

But nice guide.

Well, guildox spurred me making the guide. I was at 200x mounts on ally, noticed guildox had ppl listed at 300+ and was bewildered. After figuring out what the armory is doing now, I've been in a mad dash lvling a char on the opposite faction to buffer numbers.

Actually, it's the whole reason I made this guide--it was a pain trying to figure out what I still need to get on my other toon.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I really hope they return the armory to its previous functionality until then im staying out of the race ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
11/28/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Lethalock
I really hope they return the armory to its previous functionality until then im staying out of the race ^_^

This.

Account-Wide stuff is nice and all but when it comes to competition it should have been restricted to the most amount of mounts you can use on a single toon disclosing class-specific.
It's pretty stupid to see people topping on server rankings when they don't actually have any rare mounts or mounts that take effort to get.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
11/28/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Lethalock

I don't think blizz will be changing it back...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/28/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Schwert
I really hope they return the armory to its previous functionality until then im staying out of the race

Sadly as much as i wish this were true, just look at the facts.....they were an expac late on a 150 mount achievement showing the amount of !@#$s they give for mount collectors.....something that i honestly would not doubt took a dev atmost 30mins to repaint the kite and be done with it and another 10mins maybe to add an achievement.

Asking for something that takes some amount of time or effort to do though especially with it being website based? forget it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
11/29/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Ilistokedill
I don't think blizz will be changing it back...

Yeah given Blizzards track record in relation to armory bugs i tend to agree with you however i still plan to focus on my actual mount collection and not concerning myself with bloating my list as much as i can to return to being highly ranked on guildox again.

I hope that at some point in time soon either Blizzard fixes our mount tab or guildox starts pulling its mount data from our stats page so we have accurate ranks again, until then its kinda like trying to rank WOL with some crazy dps bug like the pally one in DS.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock
The whole argument for account wide anything has always been that individual toons do not matter and that everything is based around the player. I never really liked this argument (and really didn't and still don't like account wide anything) but by the logic of it the total for any kind of ranking should include everything on the account whether or not a particular toon can use it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
well, I'm in the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality.

A few weeks ago I was right at 200mounts on my account which coincided with my alliance totals. I'm now at 282 :)

300.. here we come!
Reply Quote
I think you missed a couple in the world events section (swift springstrider and swift lovebird). Someone also commented that you missed the tribute to insanity mounts, in the unavailable section, but I didn't check to see if they were correct or not. Just letting you know :)
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Mage
Plagued Proto is back!
Edited by Trafficer on 12/12/2012 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just a question since we all seem so knowledgeable here, what does the 150 mount achievement go off of? Max mounts on one toon, or overall account wide? My armory page says I have 163 and in game my character shows 143. Should I have the achievement due to the account wide total of 163?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2012 07:31 PMPosted by Bathazar
Just a question since we all seem so knowledgeable here, what does the 150 mount achievement go off of? Max mounts on one toon, or overall account wide? My armory page says I have 163 and in game my character shows 143. Should I have the achievement due to the account wide total of 163?

Goes off of what your statistics show(single character), the armory is currently a piece of crap as all it does is inflates fansites like guildox by showing account wide(ally and horde).
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
12/13/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Wilhelm
the armory is currently a piece of crap as all it does is inflates fansites like guildox by showing account wide(ally and horde).

QFT.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]