SFOS 10 man raid recruiting

SFOS main team is recruiting LF 1 healer with dps ospec (Pally or Disc priest pref) and
1 dps (ranged pref). 6/6 in MSV and 3/6 in HoF Raid times are Tues-Wed-Fri 5pm-8pm server.
Whisp/mail me in game or post here to apply.

EDIT: Trying new people, for now positions are filled.
Edited by Clintonn on 12/5/2012 3:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
I would just like to add that I personally want someone who is truly committed to raiding. The people who are on our team currently have shown the highest level of dedication to the team and its progression, and that's why they are there.

Don't get me wrong. Team members who are no longer with us, for the most part, opted to resign due to real-life changes that were getting in the way of the team's progression. They made the selfless decision to let someone else step in for the greater good. I can only think of a handful of times when Clint had to make the call to remove someone from the team for other reasons. Frankly, I don't want him to have to do that again, and that's why I'm stressing this.

We aren't hardcore raiders, but we enjoy a healthy speed of progression. I understand that people have lives outside of WoW, and this is going to sound harsh, but if you aren't a team player, have a very unreliable schedule that would cause us to have to pug your spot often or replace you in a month, and/or just play casually and don't put much effort into learning your class & spec, please don't apply. I would like to finish normal mode sometime soon, and we need to find the right people to fill these spots and remain in these spots in order to do that.

I love raiding and consider it an HONOR to be on a team, and I even go so far as to bring my laptop with me on business trips whenever possible because I hate the idea of letting my team down and holding back progression. If I'm going to be late, I give advance notice or I sign on to the WoW Armory app on my phone, get in guild chat and ask someone to notify Clint. If I'm going on a business trip or somewhere that I won't be able to raid, I try to give a week's notice so Clint has plenty of time to find a pug.

So please, only apply if you are serious, and are going to make a serious effort. This is end-game, high-level content and requires high-level play.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Its a shame all of these issues popped up for you guys. When I left darrow the team had no spots open and was going strong. Trust me i asked clint numerous times before leaving. Forbs teams raided too late for me blame irl for that one.

@phey, it seems like an exact opposite of the attitude you described is plentiful on dmere. People who no show without warning, dont take any time to learn what order to press buttons in...etc etc. This attitude of not caring about the team and only wanting free purples without working for them is the reason Dmere is ranked as low as it is. So all potential applicants dont be that guy. Put some effort into it and SFOS will get back to what it was last tier.

Typed this on my phone apologies for the many errors likely in the post.
Reply Quote
Thanks, hun. And yeah it is a shame.

We have had some really great players pug for us these past few weeks (probably 10 different people if I looked back at the logs), but not all of them can commit to raiding 3 nights a week, or on the nights of the week that we raid, or for the length of time that we raid those nights.

The problem still exists tho that no matter how great these people are, there's a learning curve for every fight. Complex, raid-wiping mechanics that the majority of us have figured out already are brand new to these people. It took us SO LONG to kill Garalon and shouldn't have. Clint even said a couple nights ago after I spoke on Vent after a wipe that I sounded like one sad Druid. lol

We love our pugs, but we need to get back to having a full team. We would be much further along with a full team.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Bump
+ derail

That sort of attitude has been prevalent in the game for a while now. There was a time before LFR and instance ques where making friends and growing a team was effectively a requirement to raid. Now your aspiring raiders can gear up on heroics and LFR without even chatting with another player; zero social interaction, so zero commitment to the team. It takes a lot to overcome that mentality and keep a raid team together.

One of the reasons I actually like Darrowmere tho. I figure on this server, everything is stacked against a raid team. So any progress is something to be proud of.

We may never win first place, but we're still the coolest kids on the short bus.
Reply Quote
Lmao! That is sooo true! Raiders on Darrowmere are big fish in a little pond.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Vex
I asked too and got no response :3

11/29/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Phaydre
I love raiding and consider it an HONOR to be on a team

Wish every1 had this mentality. Would make the game community much better at the game and much more dedicated and respectful.

11/29/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Pashå
@phey, it seems like an exact opposite of the attitude you described is plentiful on dmere. People who no show without warning, dont take any time to learn what order to press buttons in...etc etc. This attitude of not caring about the team and only wanting free purples without working for them is the reason Dmere is ranked as low as it is. So all potential applicants dont be that guy. Put some effort into it and SFOS will get back to what it was last tier.

This is also very true. I have noticed that many guilds on the realm have gone down in terms of world/US rank (couple exceptions to this) as well.

I don't know if it is just the 10 man scene (seeing a LOT of darrowmere guilds recruiting and the one guild ahead of mine on gorefiend lost a core member [also 10 man team]) but many people are suffering. My team has about 30-35 on our roster. It has a couple other differences which may cause success:
-Competitive raid positions. This pretty much makes sure everyone is on top of their game, or they get the boot.
-council loot system: prevents the previous from failing. Even if you are on the team, you get gear last if someone else can use it more optimally. So loot goes to the #1 guy/girl (lost so much loot this way....)
-Our raid leader is brutal: If you die to fire, you get your name screamed out on vent and made a fool of. mess up a lot? see ya, there are 5 people on the bench who can do it better.

So TL;DR - competitive, unforgiving teams will get competitive and committed players (in my opinion)

Just some food for thought

I also love you all
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I liek turtlez.

Also Clint is a cool raid leader. And phay is a !@#$ druid that will send you mean whispers. Join at your own risk!

EDIT: Wrong toon derp, this is Lyon.

EDIT2: Holy crap, n-azi is filtered, I wasn't calling Phay a !@#$% >.>
Edited by Maggh on 11/30/2012 4:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
Lmao! Thanks for clarifying that.

My RBS addon auto-wsps people with buffs that are currently missing. (Yeah I click on it to make it do that, but technically it's not me calling them out; it's the addon!) =P

Most of my negative feedback is sent in a wsp to Clint so he can address it privately with the person who messed up. I leave most of the criticism to Clint since he is the RL after all. =D I will occasionally call people out over Vent myself who aren't following mechanics or whatever, but rarely harshly. Usually if I speak up like that it's because I'm completely exasperated. I spoke up on Vent during Garalon a few times...

I certainly get called out too. Not like I'm perfect. Far from it! Gotta be able to take constructive criticism in raiding.
Reply Quote
While this is probably a topic that deserves its own thread....Phey started it so the blame falls on her. No shows hurt especially hard on a realm like darrow with a tiny raiding population. We had an app mage in my new guild who no showed his first raid. Gkicked and replaced in minutes.

Back when i was with Heirs we had crippling attendance issues and never really made progression here without having a full team. Playing a factor in the guild heading to Stormrage.

Gear, mechanic fails, rotation fails, all can be fixed! But people need to show up consistently to get help with whatever it may be. If they dont its wasting 9 other peoples time, which isnt fair.

Finally rbs is an evil addon that phey and forb spam me with. I dislike this!!
Reply Quote
I'm interested in moving on to a new raid team, but I dont fall into your spec request. I have a resto druid and enhance shaman. Send me some mail in game if you guys are interested in talking at all. p.s. raid times work good for me
Reply Quote
384 disc priest lookin for serious raid team, have offspec shad gear stuff but havent been workin on it for a while, was holy in ds, 4/8 heroic, switched to disc more for pvp, so workin on that
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Fishforsale
I can carry all of you on my warlock, just hit me up playas

LOL
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
If it wasnt for tuesdays id be able to help out. itd be like cats and dogs getting along)
Reply Quote
woof
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
bump for some good peoples.
Reply Quote
I AGREE WITH SHAMM. I have been waiting for like a month to say that. Yer killin me.

Clint's update was actually to say that we think we filled the spots. Hopefully others don't open up now... I'm ready to go handcuff people to their desks at this point...

Maybe not. Some of the freaks on our team might like that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/06/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Phaydre
Some of the freaks on our team might like that.

Cough you cough
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I recommend shock collars. This also comes in handy if they decide to stand in fire.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]