Dec 14th: 5v5 BG Tourny 7PM, 6PM Registration

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Unfortunately, due to a scheduling conflict, Dara will not be able to participate in the 40v40. It will be rescheduled for January to avoid the holidays. But you all have a thirst for blood that must be quenched...

So in place of the 40v40, I'll be hosting an open registration 5v5 BG Tourny!

I'll be taking registrations on the WoW forum from 6PM to 7PM. I'll be selecting 4 horde teams and 4 alliance teams to participate. If participation seems sparse, we'll run with as few as 4 teams, or draw more from the faction with more registrations.

5v5 RBGs is a possible addition to the game announced by Blizzard in a twitter post. It is the more probably of two solutions to the small amount of players quing RBGs (The other is quing with 5 and getting 5 others). In preparation, TCT has been running 5v5 battles against each other to see just how viable the bracket will be.

I'll be casting all the games from the streams, streaming two streams from the players on my own. If you'd rather listen to my audio or simply watch the other streams, I'll be providing links to them on the WoW forum post used for registration.

Let me just say, you're in for a treat!

Requirements:
1 Player who is capable of live streaming, preferably on Twitch.tv. Learn how from a great guide by Hydramist: http://hydramist.tv/portfolio/xsplit-setup-guide/
Live stream must be medium quality or higher and must persist through at least 80% of the match. If you're new to streaming, please test your latency! It can be bandwidth intensive
Minimum 1 Healer, Maximum 2.
Tank specs are prohibited to reduce stalemates. Be creative for FC maps.
Rocket boots and parachutes are prohibited

Possible Maps:
Warsong Gulch
Twin Peaks
Battle for Gilneas
Temple of K
Silvershard Mines

AB and EOTS didn't make the cut because there are simply too many nodes. We're going to keep an eye on Silvershard Mines for future matches. I believe it will still be entertaining based on how it plays out in 10v10 RBGs, but have concerns about battles being too small (frequent 2v2s and 1v1s are not exciting... or are they? You decide!)

I'm sure there will be many details to iron out, so look out for my thread tomorrow around 5PM. See you there!

Original Post
December 14th @ 7PM, look out for live streams of a best of 3, 40v40 match between TCT and Dara Mactire. The event will be hosted by Game for Glory.

Rules For The Event:

1) Maps will be AV, Isle then random between AV / Isle
2) Goblin Gliders will not be allowed in either map (spot one on a stream? call it out!)
3) Lust, Brezzes and other CDs that are allowed in War Games (for whatever reason!) are permitted. It's too painful to police that, especially if it gets fat fingered.
4) Paid refs will be used to check for rules, hacks or other funny business
5) Darkspear Horde's lack of players will allow for TCT to invite up to 15 players. Skill Capped will be joining the fray!

Check back to the main post for links to streams, Youtube channels and other links as they become available.
Edited by Eliaegl on 12/13/2012 8:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That was really fun tonight, would be happy to see it happen again. Probably be more fun if it was more organized. :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You have alot of Achievement points 16k That is amazing, I have like 8k
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Count me in any chance to kill dara or Rezso is a good night for me.

Character name - Tabarat
Guild - Wowbitinies
RBG - 1900
PvP Resi - 65%
Pvp power 25%

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Tabarat/simple
Edited by Tabarat on 11/30/2012 11:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
awe yeah, this will be fun
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The event was probably the most fun ive had in World pvp yet, Horde did Great! So did Alliance! Good job Douglas, Reszo, Eliaegl, and countless others who made this possible.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Most fun I've had in WoW in awhile today hope to do it again soon and also get in on that 40v40.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The wpvp event today was fun. long story short garrosh kept reseting so we decided to just farm honor in his keep and then go out to the middle of org and feast. good times, im looking forward to the hordies raid attempt on us.
Edited by Grant on 12/1/2012 12:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've lost my love of pvp after the pally nerf. :<
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I had fun, but I'm sad that we didn't face off with even numbers. I have heard that you had between two to three raids almost full. We had two raids and one was full with <Skill Capped>, who couldn't join in on the fun because of the Orgrimmar phase zone.

We are working to even it out for you guys, we want it to be fun so you keep playing... but dont think I am gonna let you have any lunch lady snacks
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Nice attempt to shake Darkspear tonight. We stirred you guys up pretty well. Still thirsty though. Not hungry.... Definitely not hungry...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN41kzSsG7Q Thank you SacredHeals for uploading.

Pretty much shows who runs Darkspear.

WPF/Dara Inc.
Edited by Reszo on 12/1/2012 9:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I had fun, but I'm sad that we didn't face off with even numbers. I have heard that you had between two to three raids almost full. We had two raids and one was full with <Skill Capped>, who couldn't join in on the fun because of the Orgrimmar phase zone.

We are working to even it out for you guys, we want it to be fun so you keep playing... but dont think I am gonna let you have any lunch lady snacks

Will we get to hear your beautiful singing voice again this upcoming Friday?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I've lost my love of pvp after the pally nerf. :<

You've lost your love because i 1v1'd you on my shadow priest and my !@#$ty geared feral druid =P lol.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Nice attempt to shake Darkspear tonight. We stirred you guys up pretty well. Still thirsty though. Not hungry.... Definitely not hungry...

Pretty much shows who runs Darkspear.

WPF/Dara Inc.

I couldn't help but notice Ruthless Gladiator Hotted and his goons in the midst of the alliance groups that we wiped tonight. It's not every day Skill Capped Celebrities die by the hands of <The Crimson Tide> but we thank you for participating!
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Mage

I couldn't help but to notice that you guys decided to go to org after you heard skill capped was going to come sounds like you guys woosied out and avoided what would of been an epic FAIR battle then to brag about it when there was 3 raid groups with you guys + fanboys. Im sorry douglas but you sounded like a total douche on vent so I decided to blow out your ears (= but iim glad you and your people atleast agreed to the 40v40 now no using hacks at all now XD
Edited by Fearmysexxy on 12/1/2012 2:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There were 60 of us. 2 30 mans raids. Pure guildies. Pure pwnage. We all decided to get on vent since you guys were going all try hard at world pvp lol. Don't start !@#$ you can't finish. It was our event and we didn't call for backup. We don't need to rush onto skype just to hear a girls voice(who gives me chills) on a cold friday night. We got Dougs singing for that. Doug you owe me cue tips.

World PVPs Finest~ We make it happen.

WPF/Dara Inc. Much love.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
<Skill Capped>

the guild is only people who sub to the site :) aka people who pay $ on it lol
i'm aware that wasn't your point, i was js they aren't like the actual people who work for the site etc just who sub to it get a g inv :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]