Free Character Realm Transfer? [SUGGESTION]

81 Undead Warlock
I really think that Blizz should give the players of Staghelm a free realm transfer, especially if we are a long time WoW player. As a WoW veteran myself.. paying for the game, all expansions, and many many many months of game time which is $15.. I've spent a lot of money towards Blizzard and WoW. Now I'm here on my main on Staghelm, and the realm is dead. There are barely any players, nothing fun to do, and it just isnt enjoyable. All of my friends are on another realm that I want to transfer to which is Bleeding Hollow and all I hear about is the action and activity on that realm.. and Staghelm doesn't have any of it. I would pay for a realm transfer, but I have spent all of the money I had on Mists of Pandaria and some game time so I could keep playing. Now I'm stuck playing on a dead realm, and basically wasted all of my money.

Blizzard you owe us WoW veterans a free realm character transfer, so help us out and reward us!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
The last thing blizzard should do is let people leave the server for free. The two options would be free transfers TO Staghelm or server merge and we all know neither of these two options will happen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Why not though? This realm is dead.

No good PVP action. No World PVP barely ever. No very good or active guilds. Auction house sucks. Barely any new players.

Merge us with a nice realm or something, or let us transfer!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Correct me if I'm wrong, but seems to me that when Blizzard has offered free transfers, it's been off a high-pop server to lower-pop ones. The only notable exception that I can recall is when Darrowmere got converted from PvP to PvE a couple years back - obviously it made sense to offer free transfers to alternate PvP servers at the time.

Personally I think a server merge with another low-/medium-pop PvE server would be the best option for Staghelm, but I'm not holding my breath. Server merges would cause people to freak out and leave ("OMG WoW is dying, they're closing down servers"), and Blizzard wouldn't want that.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
12/02/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Sphex
Blizzard you owe us WoW veterans a free realm character transfer, so help us out and reward us!

No, you are not allowed to go to Illdian without paying for it. (They really don't owe us anything.)
Edited by Jujubiju on 12/19/2012 4:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
73 Human Mage
I really think that Blizz should give the players of Staghelm a free realm transfer, especially if we are a long time WoW player. As a WoW veteran myself.. paying for the game, all expansions, and many many many months of game time which is $15.. I've spent a lot of money towards Blizzard and WoW. Now I'm here on my main on Staghelm, and the realm is dead. There are barely any players, nothing fun to do, and it just isnt enjoyable. All of my friends are on another realm that I want to transfer to which is Bleeding Hollow and all I hear about is the action and activity on that realm.. and Staghelm doesn't have any of it. I would pay for a realm transfer, but I have spent all of the money I had on Mists of Pandaria and some game time so I could keep playing. Now I'm stuck playing on a dead realm, and basically wasted all of my money.

Do some research. Find a new guild before you go. Put down the money and transfer off.

It's worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
If you have a job I really don't see how a transfer is unaffordable, if it's what you really want.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Dead?I would beg to differ......this realm is the best server ive played on,and the economy is WAY better. A jade panther JC mount went on AH the other day on Earthen Ring for 76K Gold. On staghelm,you can get the same mount for around 20k gold.See my point?A vial of the sands is a good freind and a vial away,and World boss groups can come together in less than a half hour.I love this realm and WONT be leaving it soon.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
You know how they always say the grass is greener on the other side? It's not.

Recently, when Blizzard had it's little half off sale, about half my raid group from Devoted moved over to Area 52. To them, it sounded like a good idea- turns out it wasn't.

From what I hear, things are massively overpriced there and they assumed they would be raiding a lot. Didn't happen.

Now, a couple of them are wishing they had stayed here.

One of the biggest reasons I haven't moved is I know a lot of people here. I know who is who and a lot of folks know who I am. Plus I can hold a convo in trade (when people are on). Also, from my experiences, people are friendlier on the smaller servers.

You don't get that on the bigger servers.
Edited by Jujubiju on 7/18/2013 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
The grass is always greener until it isn't.

There's plenty of stuff to do, but maybe you're in an empty guild. I know several alliance guilds that can use more people who are very much active and doing things every day.

Staghelm is definitely not what it once was, but it's also not completely dead. At this point I think everyone is waiting for 5.4 to see what virtual realms will bring us.

If nothing changes for you, it wouldn't be a bad idea to just spend $15 on a realm transfer to a more populated realm as some posters have suggested. Do your research first, though. A lot of realms aren't what they're cracked up to be.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
07/18/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Jujubiju
One of the biggest reasons I haven't moved is I know a lot of people here.

Basically why i haven't kicked off this "dead" server.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
One of the biggest reasons I haven't moved is I know a lot of people here.

Basically why i haven't kicked off this "dead" server.

Am I a meany for sending my Area 52 former guildies tells every time we down a new boss? (I'm further ahead of them ;). )
Edited by Jujubiju on 8/8/2013 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am a necromancer!

Seriously, our realm is dead. Move people to us, or move us to another realm. Combine us..idk something. You can't keep people interested in your game, so we have to pay the price if we want to see anyone else EVER.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I will hop on and say as a person who just cancelled their account, blizzard owes players nothing.

they have done a wonderful job of making accessible all of the content of this game. However, the connected realms has been an absolute communication nightmare and blizzard has messed up big and should acknowledge their mistake. Whoever made the decision to position this as a 5.4 feature, which it unfortunately was, messed up. They should have killed it dead as soon as it became the answer for the numerous dead realms or realms that are predominantly alliance or horde. For those who say that it was third party websites that pushed connected realms as a feature, not blizzard, should also recognize that moderators do push players to these websites for useful information. If it was not their intention promote connected realms as a 5.4 feature they should have emphasized this point. That would eliminate useless threads, such as this that calls for free transfer.

Either way, it was a pleasure playing this game for as long as I did (who know you could knock off classic Mario, Metal Gear, and Silent Hill as all time favourite games) and I thank Blizzard for all of their work. At the same time, it is sad the game has lost so many because the sense of community is gone and connected realms are needed to bring all of these dead servers back to relevance - and Blizzard has serious messed up their implementation strategy.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I will hop on and say as a person who just cancelled their account, blizzard owes players nothing.

I completely agree with you.

The entire reason this realm started dying is because part of the horde side went to zul'jun/illidan etc and then the 50% off sale made things a hell of a lot worse for this realm. This realm does not need free transfers off of it.

People just need to get off their lazy bums and start putting groups together again with people from this realm- heck even if it's for LFR.
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Shaman
People just need to get off their lazy bums and start putting groups together again with people from this realm- heck even if it's for LFR.

Gee, I sure hope so !! As I am moving my 2 90's(Hunter and Boom/Tree) and a 86 SPriest here shortly.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I won't be moving anytime soon. I've already switched servers twice, once from a realm that I had full 85s but it's too expensive to move all my alts every time. Also, I've only heard regrets when moving and when I moved, I regretted it, so no more.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Why not though? This realm is dead.

No good PVP action. No World PVP barely ever. No very good or active guilds. Auction house sucks. Barely any new players.

Merge us with a nice realm or something, or let us transfer!

WOW, I could have sworn the realm list showed this server as a Normal (PvE) server ??
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]