Spirit of Harmony

90 Troll Hunter
First of all, I do NOT mind farming for my own mats to lvl my prof....BUT the drop rate for these things is so low that it's just discouraging. There are a few points I'd like to say on that:

1. The insanely low drop rate is 'working' against me! My LW needs 1 Spirit of Harmony just to buy a recipe and she's quested to lvl 86.5 and has 7 motes!!! That's not even 1 Spirit of Harmony! That's just not right.

2. I feel I pay real time/money to play, therefore my time should not be wasted and when farming for these BoP things we NEED for our profs, it feels like slavery, not fun. I have 4 toons in Pandaria and today I realized I'm gonna go insane if I want to get all their profs capped.

3. I hear the drop rate was tolerable when Panda first started....WHY was it decreased?? Is this supposed to be more fun, or "challenging" for us? What is the challenge exactly? All I feel is frustration and anger.

4. We NEED these harmonies to lvl the last 25 points of our proffs. The drop rate is so crazy low that I'm one of these people to say whatever! I'll just get the free 5pts. every Darkmoon. It'll take 4 months to cap my prof that way but that's probably just as long as it'll take to farm these things to cap it anyway! I have 4 toons, and in RL a job, kids and a house to take care of!!

5. It's torture farming these lol

(PS: My pally is JC and capped out without needing these.)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
you need like 1 or 2 to level some professions and 0 for the rest. you will very likely get more than that just leveling up.

If you do tillers you can get 12 motes per day at revered and 16 at exalted on about 5mins.

they are not that difficult to farm people are just notoriously inefficient at things. I dont think the drops rates as a whole weren't lowered only a few spots that were insane were nerfed.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
You can get every profession (haven't tried engineering yet) to 600 without using a single mote or spirit of harmony. So there is nothing stopping you from hitting level 600 at level 80, let alone 86.5.

All of the gear created with SoH (minus the BoA staff from inscription) is BoE. So if you need any of the level 90 PvP gear that requires a spirit of harmony to learn, you can just buy it off of the AH. No one is forcing you to craft it yourself.

The mote drop rate increases the higher your level (or at least the higher the mobs level?). A few weeks back, post-nerfs, my friend was farming a SoH (10 motes) every half hour on average. Of course you can always simply farm 12-16 motes per day in Halfhill.

But at the end of the day, the point of this expansion is to get out and participate in the world...not sit in Org/SW on alts making gold. Having BoP SoH and faction based patterns encourages EVERYONE to play one character most of the time, thus eliminating the hordes of competition from alt armies.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I just got an alt to 90 that could use some SoH, so I did Tiller's dailies. It took something like FIVE DAYS to be growing songbell. That's nothing! And the 5.1 rep commendation didn't even exist until halfway through that. He hit exalted in a week (8 days to get the 4th plot unlocked, but still).

A touch of patience will provide you with everything you need.
Edited by Breathkeeper on 12/3/2012 2:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The recipes you buy for SoH are sold in the Vale of Eternal Blossom, an area that your alt won't be entering at level 86.5, or even level 87. By the time you do enter the Vale, and need that receipe(s), you will have collected multiple SoH. (It's a terribly small sample size, but on two characters I have leveled to 90, I ended up with 8 SoH on one and 7 SoH on the other by the time I hit 90.)

And if you need more SoH, and don't want to go grind mobs, see above for a description on farming them. On the farm.

Eventually you'll just be sick of having harmony in your bags.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Rogue
The recipes you buy for SoH are sold in the Vale of Eternal Blossom, an area that your alt won't be entering at level 86.5, or even level 87. By the time you do enter the Vale, and need that receipe(s), you will have collected multiple SoH. (It's a terribly small sample size, but on two characters I have leveled to 90, I ended up with 8 SoH on one and 7 SoH on the other by the time I hit 90.)

And if you need more SoH, and don't want to go grind mobs, see above for a description on farming them. On the farm.

Eventually you'll just be sick of having harmony in your bags.

really? my LW was there at 85
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
To fill an order for mist piercing goggles (3 pair) I needed 6 S0H, but only had just under 2. I started farming last night for 30 minutes and got enough to do the first pair of goggles. Today I spent an hour and a half farming and got enough for the 2nd pair. So I farmed a bit over 24 motes in under 2 hours.

Are they a pain to farm (not using the actual FARM method)? Yes, but not impossible. Really no worse than what it took to get some kinds of ore to lvl mining.

I have no idea how people are getting songbell after 5 days...I've been doing every daily and kissing butt for a week and am still only honored.
Edited by Deezsneak on 12/3/2012 4:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Deez,

It probably helps grinding the rep if you're A) human, B) in guild with rep increase perks, C) using rep increase items (like the anniversary doodad) and D) already have a toon at revered so you can get the +100% rep boost.
Edited by Kalvan on 12/3/2012 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I leveled each prof to 600, except skinning and herbalism, within 3 days of MOP release. Didnt use a single spirit. Took a lot of mats, which i sent to my enchanter to level his enchanting. Motes are scarce to keep the market from getting flooded. You need to plan what you are going to do with each spirit as you get close to finishing one. Ive noticed that the quest mobs for dailies drop a lot of motes. Start doing those, especially klaxxi. Dont forget to grow them once you hit revered with tillers.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I have noticed a HUGE range of drop rates for MoH. While trying to farm it in a cave in the Summit, I have kept track of drop rates over about 10 hours total. Last night the drop rate averaged about 1 in 20, with drop intervals of 8, 21, 21, 36 as some examples. The high was 36, low was 8.

Late morning today the drop rate was slightly higher, with a much broader range. Average was about 1 in 25, with a low of 4 and a high of 48. Between last night and this morning I got 24 motes in under 2 hours total.

Tonight I went back to grinding, starting at 12:10am I planned to get 5 motes then go to bed. Its now 2:17 and I just gave up about 10 minutes ago. I got ONE mote in over 2 hours! No changes of any kind, same gear, same weapons, same level, same place, same mobs, same route.

Hopefully the drop rate will improve tomorrow when I log back on.
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Monk
You got bad luck. My main has something like 30 SoH, and used up dozen more making mount (12, yikes!), blingtron, numerous goggles and pets, etc. I figure I had over 100 total SoH on one toon since MoP went live. Less than 1/4 of that from the farm, most of the rest came from daily quests grind.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]