Thank you, Horde WPVP enthusiasts

Specifically Hulkshammie and Leptis, at least, for making my life interesting. I am immensely enjoying trying to evade you when you run together, and trying to beat you when you run alone (and sometimes trying to evade you when you run singly.) There's a warrior and a death knight I've encountered a few times too, but didn't catch names.

Knowing there's enemy players out there to complicate my daily quests is why I run flagged. So far, the ones I've encountered most often in the Landfall areas have behaved as I do - hunt the enemy, don't camp, make your kill (though I must admit I don't make the kill nearly as often as I want to) and move on. It has been a pleasure being killed by you. :)

Leptis, here's a toothpick for Rawr, I think he has bits of Gnome rump in his teeth.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Hulkshammie i dance on, Leptis is the one that rolls over me in the wilds. Thats mainly cause 1) He's a hunter 2) I'm not in full pvp gear yet and 3) He's a hunter...

I think once i get the weapons ill put up a better fight for him :P
Reply Quote
Hulkshammie i dance on, Leptis is the one that rolls over me in the wilds. Thats mainly cause 1) He's a hunter 2) I'm not in full pvp gear yet and 3) He's a hunter...

I think once i get the weapons ill put up a better fight for him :P

When Hulkshammie runs alone, he's good at luring me too close to other stuff that helps him. Like that rare I didn't realize I was too close too when I vanished and shadowstepped him.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I was hoping someone would post about the events in Krasarang Wilds! To do so myself would have only made me look haughty, as if to gloat about the ordeal. :P

World PVP is my thing. Battlegrounds are okay and I abhor Arena, but there's just something uniquely fun about world PVP, probably because (a) it's typically easier and (b) you run into the same faces time and again. That's something that has been lost with the cross-realm battlegrounds and Arena systems we have: you don't really develop those rivalries. You win or lose and move on and that's the end of it. I remember back in Vanilla, you would see some of the same people in battlegrounds and think "Oh, crap, not these guys again" or "Oh yeah, we've got this." Those environments have become largely impersonal now for the sake of convenience. It's a pity we can't have our cake and eat it too; to have the fast queue times a cross-realm system provides while, at the same time, getting to know others through repeated encounters.

With Pandaria offering no realm-specific PVP zones like Wintergrasp or Tol Barad, I’m quite happy to see the opportunities for world PVP pop up in the objectives and dailies of Krasarang Wilds. In this case, however, half the trick is trying to figure out how to get people to flag; a lot of PVE heroes have no interest fighting other players, so we have to get creative some times. After all, this patch highlights the conflict between Horde and Alliance. I’m Horde, I’m flagged, I’m taking over your stuff, I’m in your base and killing your dudes: come get me! I am a small Goblin – you will win! :)

Oh, and thanks for the toothpick! Rawr’s teeth get gummed up quite often with all the rumps he chews on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/05/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Leptis
I remember back in Vanilla, you would see some of the same people in battlegrounds and think "Oh, crap, not these guys again" or "Oh yeah, we've got this."

This.

I was at the Black Market the other day and phased back there from a BG to find myself almost face to face with a familiar Alliance warrior. The fight is that much better when you know who is wanting your limbs scattered everywhere. Thankfully LoS and every CD known to pallies saved me from him and a few others who joined in until my BG party arrived. I got lucky that time but hopefully I'll see you guys often in Krasarang. Live or die it will be fun.

Cheers
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]