lvl 90 Boomkin talents for Tsulong

90 Pandaren Monk
I can't decide whether I should take Nature's Vigil or Dream of Cenarius. Nature's Vigil is, I think, the clear winner for night phases - you want to pump out lots of dps and there's lots of periodic raid damage, it's like NV was made for that. For day phases, however, I think Dream of Cenarius is the clear winner. You can probably manage to get a DoC buffed HT off every time Tsulong breathes to take advantage of the 500% healing buff. Furthermore, doing so will also buff your dots - perfect for multi-dotting adds.

Heart of the Wild is out because a) I'd only get to use it once and b) healing done while not buffed by Tsulong's breath is considerably less useful. I could probably get off 2 HTs per breath instead of 1 using Dream of Cenarius and HotW heals are twice as strong as DoC heals, but HotW only lasts for ~1/3 of a single day phase, so I'm pretty sure DoC would still be competitive in terms of healing done to Tsulong (though a HotW and breath buffed Tranq would probably be pretty darn cool).

Currently I'm leaning towards Narture's Vigil because I think it'll help out people who struggle during night phases a little and I will be able to devote all my effort to killing adds during day phases (LFR groups seem to have particular trouble with adds in my experience, but the point also stands for standard raids). Whereas Dream of Cenarius wouldn't provide much benefit beyond a slightly speedier fight. Since mana shouldn't be an issue (the breath also restores 25% of max mana), you really only have to worry about the enrage timer. The final push before the enrage timer hits is healing based, though, so it might behoove me to assist in that.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Both are good options, but I need someone to tell me to go with one or the other so I can stop agonizing over it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I've seen doc recommended, though I have yet to see the fight myself. Seems like doc would help more anyway, based on your description, but if your guild's issue is healing in the damage phase, then NV might be a better option for you.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Learn how to use DOC for Tsulong, not all your heals need to go to Tsulong. If you don't want to get stressed over it, try HOTW.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Alrighty, DoC it is. Already added a line to my HT macro to cast at Tsulong when I hold down ctrl.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Just looking at the fight DoC looks very good for the day phase. Just be in solar eclipse and cast a starfire, get buffed, heal for massive amounts, DoT 2 adds with sunfire, repeat. It seems like it would be a bit of a pain for the night phase when you are just throwing out random heals to utilize it, but overall it looks just so much better than the other two.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Tried out doc in lfr last night. Omg what a pain in the butt. I know lfr isn't the best place to judge things and I'll try doc again when my guild gets there, but I switched back to NV b/c I couldn't deal with all the ht hardcasts.

edit: sorry for crap typos and stuff. been posting from my phone a lot.
Edited by Eluial on 11/21/2012 12:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
On our 25man kill of Tsulong, I was in top damage AND healing for this boss. I did almost 20 million damage and over 12 million healing to the boss.

During the sun phase I just multidotted and hurricane/starfalled the adds, and when the breath was about to happen I would start precasting Healing Touch and follow that with a rejuv, cast 1-2 more healing touches depending on time and end with a last rejuv...I feel like I benefited the raid more by focusing on doing this rather than doing max dps to adds, right?

OH AND I DIDNT LET THE TREE DIE, FREE ACHIEVEMENT? :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/21/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Bonq
On our 25man kill of Tsulong, I was in top damage AND healing for this boss. I did almost 20 million damage and over 12 million healing to the boss.

Using which talents?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I'm sorry, I used NV.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
NV with the damage portion...on a 500k? HT is a big number
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/21/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Cyous

125k? About half of an eclipse SS crit, and a little more than half of an eclipse SF crit.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/21/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Eluial

125k? About half of an eclipse SS crit, and a little more than half of an eclipse SF crit.

My math was wrong.

NS+HT Crit = 1mil; 666k non-NS

166.5 + ~15.5k from rejuv = 182k damage from NV within the 6sec window.

Burning NV for the healing is not advised though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]