Farewell...thank you for the fish

90 Night Elf Druid
I can't believe that it's actually coming out of my mouth, but...it's time for me to move on from WoW. It's crazy to imagine that I've been calling Eldre'Thalas home for the past 7 years, even after the server opened up to free transfers to Trollbane, and after some of the more amazing guilds and players decided to move on from throughout the years Eldre'Thalas.

I miss the old days of the game and server. When world bosses mattered. When new boss strats were usually untested and essentially just the raid throwing itself at a boss until they got it right. I miss the days of lagging my way through Ironforge on my terrible desktop trying to get to the bank or auction house. I miss the days of days-long Alterac Valley games that only occurred on AV weekend. I remember the crazy world events of Ahn'Qiraj's Gates opening, and the invasion of the undead during Naxx's release. I miss the ultimate competitions that the raiding guilds had (EF-TFS-EA-Bastion), and watching the guilds amass when world bosses were up. I miss some of the personalities of Eternal Force, Epic Again, The Final Sanctum; and I miss some of the Horde that I'd always run into during BGs. I miss Hugo's crazy pink dress!

I've met some amazing people here.

My first guild, Axe of Azeroth. I don't even really know if the original AoA crew is still around (it has been 6 years), but you guys were an amazing bunch of players, and I'll never forget when we finally made our first stride into mainstream raiding with our first Molten Core kill.

The Final Sanctum. I actually can't believe I'm mentioning TFS, considering the way that I went out from the guild, but there were some great people there.

The Requiem of the Fallen/Requiem crew. The first place I truly felt at home. I know most of you are gone or off on other servers, but I just want to say it's been a bummer knowing I haven't played with most of my WoW-family since Wrath/BC. I miss you guys and wish that everyone didn't quit. :(

Entourage...if anyone is still around. Thank you to Caitline and the leadership of Entourage for absorbing the tatters of Requiem and reaching the heights that we did.

Epitaphio, my favorite offshoot of people from Requiem. David, Stav, Justin, Gara, Skaltos...you guys have been some of the closest people that I've met through WoW. Most of us have been raiding together since Vanilla, and I only wished that could have continued for longer than it did. No matter, you guys are the best, and if any of you read this you know where to reach me.

And last, but certainly not least, to my last raiding guild Apotheosis. I've never been happier in a raiding guild environment than I was during my raiding time with you guys. As soon as I joined, I was made to felt welcome and at-home, for which I was really thankful for. The amount of comfort I felt during raids and general playtime was unmatched. It killed me knowing my schedule had changed to prevent raiding in this expansion, but I'm happy to see how well you have been doing. I'd mention names, but that would take me too long and I'd be afraid I'd leave people out. So to the entirety of Apotheosis, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

So, thank you Eldre'Thalas. You've provided me with some wild memories, and have allowed me to meet some incredible people.

Much love to you all,
-Toku
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Obligatory, can I have your stuff?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Going to miss you so much :( Good luck out there, kid <3
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
i absolutely love the hitchhikers guide ref. gl
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I still want to hook up with your sister.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
Take care of yourself lazer chicken!
Reply Quote
96 Human Mage
I was in Axe Of Azeroth too way back when. Yes they are still around.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Druid <3!!!

Farewell my friend! Enjoy your new found free time! You will be missed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Good luck, we were in the tfs app guild together. Most of the older players bailed on ET a long time ago.
Reply Quote
96 Human Mage
11/25/2012 09:07 PMPosted by Featherston
Good luck, we were in the tfs app guild together. Most of the older players bailed on ET a long time ago.

I doubt there are many of them left playing period. A lot of people quit during the last expansion. To the tune of my half my friends list.
Reply Quote
81 Dwarf Paladin
Hitoku ....

We always come back.

Always.

Blanc, Doomavader, Kiladworv, and other toons are mine and have raided on ET ...

I thought I was gone but I knew I would be called back to level my toons and pray that the next expansion will be one I like.

You may not know me but I know your name and I sure as heck know Fockewolfe from the people commenting here.

If anything we all come back to troll trade right ? Ok maybe just me ...
Edited by Kiladworv on 10/27/2013 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]