RBG's

90 Human Warlock
here is my advice to be a winner in rbgs. they are super fun and yield more conquest than arena due to it takin more skill to get higer lvl..YEA I SAID IT...get the f over it
i do alot of rbgs and my advice is this.

addons:
battleground targets. if you dont have this then you are wasting your time
Healrs have to die- great addon that will put an icon over healers heads

make an assist macro.. frost dk should ALWAYS be target caller (some ppl willl disagree but they are retards)
blizzard gave you a cc and int spell for a reason...use it ffs
target=focus cc macro... if you dont know what that is..google
know current strats...the new maps suck donkey baws but they are in the rotation and are necessary to have a winning strat...
killin sh** is not always the key... know the objectives.. if you are killin sh** in the mid of wsg by yourself..im gonna troll you if you are on my team.

i know this isnt a pvp server but the state of pvp is pathetic. so lets get Bladefist goin..

BTW i am not claimin to be the best but i am 2k atm....so i do know a ltl...
Reply Quote
80 Orc Mage
LOL @ people who take RBG's like there challenging
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/23/2012 07:47 AMPosted by Levelz
LOL @ people who take RBG's like there challenging

0/10 troll. Stay in school.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Bladefist PvP hasn't been good since I was here. Actually, I think there were a couple horde guys who PvP'ed a bit after we left. All the decent PvP'ers left Bladefist with Salus mainly though.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Mage
bubble i didn't realize you could type more then "LOL 10 MANS" or "25 mans take actual skill"
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
lawl...fail at trollin as well as pvp
Edited by Honidas on 11/24/2012 6:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
- I was a target caller on my team, and I wasn't a frost DK.
- You don't just spam CCs, you set them up when you are going for kills.
- You shouldn't use Focus macros in RBGs, you'll end up tunneling your target, and setting yourself up for some major DR.
- Every team has their own strats. If your leader doesn't develop their own and explain them before the match starts, he/she is doing it wrong.
- Killing people is 90% of what RBGs are. In maps like Warsong Gulch, the majority of games being won are games where you control the middle and the enemies spawn timer.

Other then that, you're on the right track :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
11/20/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Honidas
make an assist macro.. frost dk should ALWAYS be target caller (some ppl willl disagree but they are retards)

Clearly they are mentally handicap if they don't have a frost death knight calling targets.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
- I was a target caller on my team, and I wasn't a frost DK.
- You don't just spam CCs, you set them up when you are going for kills.
- You shouldn't use Focus macros in RBGs, you'll end up tunneling your target, and setting yourself up for some major DR.
- Every team has their own strats. If your leader doesn't develop their own and explain them before the match starts, he/she is doing it wrong.
- Killing people is 90% of what RBGs are. In maps like Warsong Gulch, the majority of games being won are games where you control the middle and the enemies spawn timer.

Other then that, you're on the right track :)

not tryin to be a jerk here but you havent done rbgs this season on the toon you posted on. rbgs have changed this season alot. if you have done them on another toon this season and stand by your statements then here is my retort:
#1 LAWL you are also a marshall(props) i wasnt talkin to you...i was talkin to beginners..your skill level was not my intended audience..(i actually complimented you there)
#2 i never said spam ccs
#3 ever think of changing focus mid game? kb focus target is what i do
#4 true.. but most rbg strats have the same basic components
#5 did you even read my post? are you just tryin to troll? 1 person alone in rbgs is NEVER a good idea..(as i am sure you know)

if you have a workin stat then good for you.. ive had alot of ppl ask me rbg questions and id rly like to see a few good teams goin on realm.. surely you dont think that is a bad thing...
Edited by Honidas on 12/4/2012 1:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
i used to call targets for my rbg team, frost dk is a good choice but not a must. I was running at 2k-2.2k.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
All good points. And to those that think RBGs take less skill think of it this way, its 2 5v5s going on at the same time, over a larger area with objectives thrown in. The more people you add the more coordination is needed, makes it more of a challenge every time, just like 25m vs 10m raiding. Also, about all that PvP vs PvE crap, both take skill, they just are different aspects of the game, and someone can obviously be good at both (or bad)

Edit: I will also listen to advice from anyone that went 12-0 in one round of RBGs, grats btw honidas on breaking 2k
Edited by Lundor on 12/10/2012 1:34 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]