Selling Challenge modes?

90 Orc Death Knight

Okay 28k for gold cmodes, that sure is NOT worth the effort. Wow

How come? As you said before, you have to make sure the people you take are able to perform.

You are ripping off people if you're charging anymore than that.

All you're doing is re-doing what you have already spent the time learning and then explaining to someone else what their role is.

Explain to me how charging 250k for the gold xmog is not worth it? That's plenty fair. Close to 8.5k+ per person that I split the cut with. Takes less than an hour usually. I believe that is plenty fair.

You were that guy charging close to 1mil gold?

I thought that was completely outrageous. Obviously you're not just telling them to wait at the entrance. I'm sure you're putting in sooo much effort.

----------------------------------------

*edit* - I really don't even want to waste my time.

You go ahead and charge more. I am more than happy offering help to friends and other people on my server (facilitating relationships) for 28k per gold.

Good luck in whatever price you charge(d) - As with all business, there is always someone else that sells it cheaper.

tl;dr still selling for 60-70k per.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
On Shattered Hand a few friends of mine sell and carry.

We sell each silver for 14k and each gold for 28k (except Gate which is 26k).

Depending on the people available, if someone needs a gold, they can come and don't get a cut.

What people don't realize, is that you are not mostly paying for the carry, as much as you are paying for the service of finding the people needed and forming the comps.

If any people browsing these forums know how frustrating it can be to find openraid groups or just others who are interested in pushing gold times - it might be well worth it to find someone that can get a group together for you and get you those golds.

The money shouldn't be too bad. As with all markets there are multiple sellers so make sure you research and make sure you're not getting ripped off.

You'll be hearing from me soon =)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I would suggest a flat-rate model that also has pay-per-hour tied in with it.

Example: 100k per gold + 25k/hour after the first hour, tallied every 15 min.

So if scholo takes 45 min but brewery takes 3 hours, the total would come out to 250k.

But I would imagine that half the reason for charging both arms or legs for 9 golds would be to dissuade people who can't be carried. Most people who would have that kind of money would either bot, control their servers' AH, or do tons of GDKP/mount sales.

That's a tough call, because what if your group happens to be retarded that day and is causing the issues in not getting the run done timely. You'd need to make an allottment for "our bad" where you don't charge for that time. For example, when we sold heroic rag mounts, sometimes we 1 shot it, sometimes we 6 shot it. Price was the same either way for the mount, and people were happy since they got what they wanted. I couldn't imagine if we charged them more money because we were retarded and it took us 5 extra attempts.
Edited by Firestyle on 11/27/2012 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
On Shattered Hand a few friends of mine sell and carry.

We sell each silver for 14k and each gold for 28k (except Gate which is 26k).

Depending on the people available, if someone needs a gold, they can come and don't get a cut.

What people don't realize, is that you are not mostly paying for the carry, as much as you are paying for the service of finding the people needed and forming the comps.

If any people browsing these forums know how frustrating it can be to find openraid groups or just others who are interested in pushing gold times - it might be well worth it to find someone that can get a group together for you and get you those golds.

The money shouldn't be too bad. As with all markets there are multiple sellers so make sure you research and make sure you're not getting ripped off.

I have a shadow priest I could level and bring over 50k for any 3x silvers to get the mounts, that's all I really care about.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I have a group selling Challenge Conqueror: Gold/Silver/Bronze to any class. Alliance only.
Add me on realID for details and price.

Click#1991

*Note: you need to have a Battletag to be able to add me. Go to your account and create one.
**You need to write everything as it is, including the '#'
***Make sure your friend list is not full.
**** If you absolutely can't add on Battletag leave a post and ill send you my email/skype.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
12/04/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Omegal
So no alliance to discuss with about gold CM runs? I'm considering the pretty hefty costs so don't sell me short if you think i can't afford it. If you also don't have value for gold I'm budgeting a large sum in paypal as well as alternate payment option.

I can't believe a green just outright stated they'd break the ToU.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
That got deleted quick

Guess they do still monitor these.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
That's a shocker.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Why not just lead your own group Omegal?

The best part of challenge modes is the feeling of accomplishment you feel when you finish them all.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
WOW I wouldn't consider the time investment of selling golds to anyone for anything less then 4 million gold for 9/9

I sell silver carrys for 500k quite easily.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Just dont have the time to find groups for this. looking to buy 9/9 gold for a reasonable amount. Can pull my own.

ehunnell@gmail.com

(cant add battletags, "player not found" or some BS)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
surprised they let him keep his MVP status when he paypaled golds
Reply Quote
15 Dwarf Shaman
mains guild sells them for 35k -40k for the harder ones, asking for 100k + per gold is just ridiculous. How greedy can you get?

I'd be very surprised if you had ANY customers. It barely takes any time to do once you're at the point of selling them. Basically, you guys will be getting zero customers because noone wants to pay that price.

EDIT: Meanwhile we'll be making a fortune selling them for a reasonable price since it takes about 2 hours of our time.
Edited by Dorfsham on 12/20/2012 4:55 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]