5.1 change affecting the wrong targets - Shmn

90 Human Rogue
I think the nerf was geared more towards resto shamans primarily, obviously it affects enhance and elemental too. I think I may have read GC saying on twitter that he didn't think he'd see a lot of silences on enhance shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I don't even pvp but I do have an enhancement shammy and now I just feel she is complexified and not as fun questing anymore eithier.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I've been Enhance since i started playing wow back in BC.

I mainly do PvP and I'm moderately geared the thing that's really hurting me atm is the healing nerf for hybrids i have 357k health and my healing surge only does 26k that's only around 7.5% of my maximum health and its just exasperating i dont even feel like doing BGs anymore.

I too think the totem nerf should be reverted as well but ele and enhance need more survivability somewhere along the lines of a absorb shield when silence by a player.

i'm sick to death of resto only getting love and forcing many people to play as resto for pvp because ghostcrawler has no idea.

i will end my sub before i go resto for pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/30/2012 10:33 PMPosted by Tearju
I think the nerf was geared more towards resto shamans primarily, obviously it affects enhance and elemental too. I think I may have read GC saying on twitter that he didn't think he'd see a lot of silences on enhance shaman.

GC lost credibility in my eyes when he said silencing Enhancement is a lot like disarming a mage.

Mage during disarm loses:
-Nothing

Enhancement during silence loses:
-Everything except Lava Lash and Stormstrike, two cooldown damage dealing abilities.

I have no clue why he would think that silencing a Shaman regardless of spec is a bad strategy. No purge, wind shear, ghost wolf, maelstrom heals, LB/CL, spiritwalker's, hex, shocks (frozen power), and now in 5.1, no totems either.

I'm not a tin foil hatter, but his statement makes him seem like he has zero clue about DPS Shamans.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Put spirit link totem and healing tide totem on the same internal cooldown. Make it 30 seconds or something (like our elementals). Give elemental shamanistic rage (or something similar), boom things are balanced (or better than before) and nobody is extremely gimped.

This totem business is beyond me really. I can't for the life of me figure out who honestly thought that this idea was going to work. As I said before, there is a reason the totems were changed from magical to physical in a previous expansion (WOTLK??).

I'm at a loss as to how people are winning in arena's with an enhancement shaman (or elemental). Maybe someone who pvp's more than me can shed some light on the situation. Honestly I quit seriously pvping back in BC because I play enhancement and only enhancement really. I'm not one to really complain a whole lot but this totem thing is just mind blowing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Im amazed at how there isnt a blue response to this thread.

im also amazed that GC hasnt gotten it through his Thick Skull that these changes are not working out for the other 2 specs
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Put spirit link totem and healing tide totem on the same internal cooldown. Make it 30 seconds or something (like our elementals). Give elemental shamanistic rage (or something similar), boom things are balanced (or better than before) and nobody is extremely gimped.

This totem business is beyond me really. I can't for the life of me figure out who honestly thought that this idea was going to work. As I said before, there is a reason the totems were changed from magical to physical in a previous expansion (WOTLK??).

I'm at a loss as to how people are winning in arena's with an enhancement shaman (or elemental). Maybe someone who pvp's more than me can shed some light on the situation. Honestly I quit seriously pvping back in BC because I play enhancement and only enhancement really. I'm not one to really complain a whole lot but this totem thing is just mind blowing.

I'd be interested in this too. I stopped doing serious pvp because I don't want to play restoration. I don't want to play Elemental. I fell in love with my shaman for Windfury, and I am enhancement til the day I quit.

Everytime I think, well, maybe its not so bad, I go into PUG bgs and get my !@# handed, even with full gear that I've grinded out. Now, anytime I come across a shadow priest or mage, I am a free kill. Rogues too, if they are smart and use garrote. And sometimes hunters, when they are using silencing shot.

It's just very disheartening that the developers feel content that only one spec of Shaman deserves to exist in PvP. I feel even worse off for those who play elemental.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
'm at a loss as to how people are winning in arena's with an enhancement shaman (or elemental). Maybe someone who pvp's more than me can shed some light on the situation. Honestly I quit seriously pvping back in BC because I play enhancement and only enhancement really. I'm not one to really complain a whole lot but this totem thing is just mind blowing.

While I don't seriously pvp, I can wager a guess after looking at all the top enh shaman

1)They were all paired with someone with more control, mage/warr/one had a mut rogue surprisingly.

2)None of them were triple dps cleaves, they had hpal tied to them as well, a healer with a decent CC and heals.

3)On top of 1, 2 of those 3 had superior burst.

Seems they were kinda utility bots but with their bit of extra burst and tremor/grounding/HST/HTT it allowed them to help with lock/spriest comps and let them shine in double melee/ enh/mage/hpal comps.

Granted, out of the, like, top 200 arena shaman, only a handful (<10%) were even enhance.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

Granted, out of the, like, top 200 arena shaman, only a handful (<10%) were even enhance.

Can you please provide the source of your information?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]