Any Home Server-Tablet options?

100 Blood Elf Priest
We have three regular WOW players in the house, and started a discussion about the expense of keeping up with 'gaming laptops.' (sometimes we play in the basement, sometimes the main room, sometimes in bed, sometime on the porch.... desktops aren't a great option for our style).

The question came up, could we have a 'server' in the house that did the heavy lifting and use a tablet/monitor and keyboard-mouse, instead or the heavier, hotter, cord riddled hassle of a laptop?

Getting enough power in a server is just a matter of balancing money and performance, not much of a technical challenge? BUT, are there any options for a gamer to play WOW/Diablo/Starcraft from a central/remote processer that pushes the video & audio content to multiple displays through a WLAN or other wireless system?

Thanks for your time and thoughts.

Tallpaul - Bladefist
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Warrior
That's basically the idea of a Remote Desktop, and I swear I saw some company making promises about doing that on Slashdot. Basically they'd run the game on their server and feed it to you, but I'm not sure of the name.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)