Brawler’s Guild Invitation Update

15 Blood Elf Hunter
Alright friends, here's the deal:

Three rares for ally and three rares for hordies have a chance to drop an invitation. I'm ally, so the three that I farmed are:

Kar Warmkaer (68321)
Muerta (68322)
Ubunti the Shade (68320)

I got it on the third kill. When you hit rank 7 your reward is ONE pass to give out. So please don't harass everyone in the arena area for an invitation.

Good luck with your farming!

3rd kill? I got one to drop on like 12th kill of 16 before me and my friend gave up because other people started to catch on @_@ He won and he doesnt even know what brawlers guild is>.>

But thanks for that info about rank 7, time to go force him to get to that part XD
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Hey, Just wondering, But how do people invite you too the brawlers guild? Or can you not get invite yet?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Please hold back on the invites for the time being, there's currently a constant waiting time of about 15+ people on the CRZ zone I'm in. Also why CRZ this zone. While it's great for the social aspect (nice talking to people while waiting) its also very difficult to get a spot.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
11/27/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Imikey
Please hold back on the invites for the time being, there's currently a constant waiting time of about 15+ people on the CRZ zone I'm in.

Seriously? They made it cross-realm? I haven't had any complaints about how they chose to implement the invitations, but this is truly /facepalm-worthy.

That said, you'd have to be nuts not to sell your invitation as soon as you get it. The price of invitations is going to be dropping like a rock from day one. Waiting to sell it could end up costing you thousands of gold.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/27/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Nuruh

There are 10 invite a day from what I understand, no one can possible keep paying 100k each day to keep other people accessing it.

I don't think you understand correctly. The people that give out those 10 invites per day aren't paying anything... they are SELLING them in trade chat. So let's say they spam trade with "WTS Brawler's guild invite 20k" that's a possible 200k a day for them.

Aaaaaand no one sees a problem with this?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

I don't think you understand correctly. The people that give out those 10 invites per day aren't paying anything... they are SELLING them in trade chat. So let's say they spam trade with "WTS Brawler's guild invite 20k" that's a possible 200k a day for them.

Aaaaaand no one sees a problem with this?

I see a problem with the math.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I just farmed mine, im gonna invite My guild master and he dont even know it i hope ihe doesnt spend all his gold trying to buy one
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Where are the rare spawn NPCs at? I don't think I have ever seen one.

Seeing as how withing an hour or so of realms coming up most if not all the invitations were above 10k on the BMAH, this seem the only way for me to get one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
how do you invite from inside the brawlers guild though?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
11/28/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Skjellyfetti
Opening bid for the invites on the bmah is 1337g. icwutudidthar.

In before the howls of outrage about how Blizzard broke their promise to start them off at 1000g. I heard somewhere that they were going to start at 1000g, so Blizzard must have promised that.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
On my server they started out at 10k
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
11/28/2012 09:05 AMPosted by Astandra
On my server they started out at 10k

Weird. Highest on mine is 4k. Most are around 1.5-2k.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Have several bids in and have camped rare elites down in Kasarang, nada yet but I am hopeful. Have to go to work soon, so wont be able to monitor my bids :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/27/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Coryrzon
It is an either you know someone, or if you have obscene amounts of gold. Sounds pretty elitist to me.

i had one drop off my 3rd NPC kill...

I dont have lots of money and i dont know anyone...

:)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/27/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Nethaera
With the latest patch, 5.1 “Landfall”, we’ve introduced the new feature, the Brawler’s Guild. As we [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004406077"]previously announced[/url], entry into the Brawler’s Guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs. Before you rush to your realm’s black market auction house, we wanted to make you aware that invitations may not be available immediately upon realms going live, but should be showing up within the next 24 hours. We wish those of you who choose to take on this next challenge the best of luck in your endeavor.

I feel the current trend of blocking content through means of monetary competition through the BMAH is completely unacceptable. The system does not allow players a chance to test their skills to join, rather their abilities to sell well on the AH or abilities to not be caught when purchasing gold. The system only further exacerbates the current issues with gold. Using major patch content as a gold sink is really inappropriate and is a slap in the face to a customer. I feel insulted.

I understand the arguments behind this; it’s a non-instanced event, it’s trying to create a social environment and it’s not a means of character progression (no purple armor, or anything like that). I am not disagreeing with the idea of gating the content, but I am against the measures being used. As a player who enjoys the challenges and the wonderful content created by the talented team of artists and designers, I am disappointed that I don’t have the chance to succeed or fail at (even) entering the BWG’s. It becomes an automatic denial because my pockets aren’t deep enough in game and I am not going to wait eight to thirteen hours at my computer for a rare spawn with fifty other players.

For this reason I am debating canceling my account for the time being until better means of gating content is created. I have enjoyed the game for many years and have invested not only a great deal of time but also close to two thousand dollars (for only one of my three accounts, not to mention the purchasing of other Blizzard products). Canceling my account wouldn’t be something I would lightly do but if this is going to be the way content is going to be gated I would rather spend my money on another game that does not require me to make a job of it and strips away the fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
this has got me very confused ._. o.O.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
ok so heres what i need to know the person that gets the invite can invite ten people a day, can the people that get invited this way also invite ten people aday?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]