Brawler’s Guild Invitation Update

100 Human Priest
The wait time is astronomical already so what is your big rush to get in anyway. The people that farmed for hours to get their invite are just sitting in the zone waiting 30-40 minutes or more to get a shot at it. You cannot even leave the arena or you lose your spot. The zone is CRZ'd so it isn't even just your realm to compete against. Wait for the big rush to die down if it even does and in a few weeks you can just walk right in "maybe". This new "content" is barely that. I am bidding on the invites as well but the wait times make me not really all that interested anymore. The Brawler's guild could be more enjoyable if it were in all the major cities, maybe it would get more people into the Exodar etc.

I really think the Brawler's Guild should have had a Darkmoon Faire presence. Maybe a secret cave on an unused side of the island. It seems like the DMF carnies are the sort that would be in on the seedy underground.
Reply Quote
71 Orc Shaman
I love how this is a direct rip off of how g-mail worked at first ...to make it seem more special ..when in fact it's not ...but nice try .
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I'm sorry, but this is one of the stupidest ways of gating content. You either need an obnoxious amount of money, or you need to be in an elite guild that has the rare spawns on camp. Absolutely ridiculous.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
11/27/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Nazzgul
With the latest patch, 5.1 “Landfall”, we’ve introduced the new feature, the Brawler’s Guild. As we [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004406077"]previously announced[/url], entry into the Brawler’s Guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs. Before you rush to your realm’s black market auction house, we wanted to make you aware that invitations may not be available immediately upon realms going live, but should be showing up within the next 24 hours. We wish those of you who choose to take on this next challenge the best of luck in your endeavor.

and i see that they didnt change thier minds about how invitations went out,so i guess that only those who are gold capped or are lucky enough to win a roll from a random mob will be the ones who get to do this.

incoming "WTS Brawlers guild invitations 100K" thanks alot for not listening to the vast majority of the WoW player base.

Relax dude this is a good change. The intent for making it this way is probably so being in the guild is more desirable. It's not elitist or anything. I mean as a PvPer I go duel but not only to PvP but to socialize with other players from my realm, make friends, enemies, be silly, find arena partners etc. I feel like elwyn/duro are the bread and butter of a PvP server's community and now PvErs have that too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
If I want challenging solo PvE content, Blizzard just gave it to me in the form of the removal of the raid requirement for pre-MoP raid instances. Brawler's Guild seems like it's meant for people who can't solo raids and don't mind waiting in 30-60 min queues just for one fight that rewards no loot or real feeling of accomplishment. If all you wanted was to hang out inside the Brawler's Guild and watch the fights, you can do that, don't waste money on the invites when all you're gonna do is wait and wait and wait some more. I'll stick to my solo raiding and just use that place as a pub while throwing rotten bananas at the people below :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/27/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Nazzgul

It is an either you know someone, or if you have obscene amounts of gold. Sounds pretty elitist to me.

^ this

I've yet to see any worthy benefits from being in the Brawler's Guild other than bragging rights. Seems like a lot of hassle/gold for very little payoff.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Edited by Fibromyalgía on 11/30/2012 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
lol at all the people complaining, do you not understand it has a snow balling effect? once you reach rank 7, which can be done in a day, you get 10 invites, then when they hit rank 7 they get 10 so on and so forth in like a week every1 will be able to do it, and invites will be all over the place
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Khlorós
lol at all the people complaining, do you not understand it has a snow balling effect? once you reach rank 7, which can be done in a day, you get 10 invites, then when they hit rank 7 they get 10 so on and so forth in like a week every1 will be able to do it, and invites will be all over the place

Actually, you are incorrect. You only receive 1 Invite once you hit a certain level, as the post stated "You will receive 1 invite". But yes the snowball effect will occur but at a slower rate of more like 2 weeks before you see everyone who wants to be in the guild, in it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
So I got my invite off of the BMAH for 5k. Gotta love that nobody knows where to find it. How do I go about sending my plus 1 invite?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
11/28/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Bigtopher
So I got my invite off of the BMAH for 5k. Gotta love that nobody knows where to find it. How do I go about sending my plus 1 invite?

You need to progress through the ranks to get an invite to give to others.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Bids over here right now range from 28k-64k gold, with auctions showing as medium and long durations left.

Worth it?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Im planning on transfering servers in .. within the hour lol.
My question is : Since the invites on the server im going to transfer are more expansive . can i buy one on the server i am , then transfer and faction change with it ?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
So anyone that dosen't have roughly 30 to 100,000 K in gold is out of luck. Nice way to exclude people from content and promote people to buy gold from gold farmers. I want some equality.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/28/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Jemmy

You need to progress through the ranks to get an invite to give to others.

how high of a lvl do you have to be?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
thx blizzard for making it damn near impossible to get an invitation, ive killed the 'rare spawns' over 30 times, and got no invitation, and the ones on the bmah are going for 80k+. thx for telling use about awesome content then excluding 90% of wow players from experiencing it
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
And as if Blizzard didn't know this would happen, I feel really bad for those on dominated servers that the other faction may not let them near the BMAH, I understand why i cannot do Herioc mode Raids and such, But to be excluded from content because of gold or faction dominance is dumb!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]