Brawler’s Guild Invitation Update

90 Night Elf Druid
Now that WoW is coming to an end, the designers only want to reward their most hardcore fan base that are gold capped, high guild numbers and mega raid players. Everyone else is meaningless to them even though it is our subscriptions that made 8 years of WoW possible. We are simply trolls to them and won't be missed.

So much melodramatic nonsense in this post.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Now that WoW is coming to an end, the designers only want to reward their most hardcore fan base that are gold capped, high guild numbers and mega raid players. Everyone else is meaningless to them even though it is our subscriptions that made 8 years of WoW possible. We are simply trolls to them and won't be missed.

If I get an invite which I most seriously doubt, I'll invite every Alliance soul I can find on my server for absolutely FREE.

wish you where horde

Too bad you only get one invite PER CHARACTER at RANK 7
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

If I get an invite which I most seriously doubt, I'll invite every Alliance soul I can find on my server for absolutely FREE.

+10,000 my friend for telling it like it is.

Except that's nothing like it is.

It'll be under 10,000 gold for an invite within a month. I guarantee it. Anyone with a simple grasp on supply/demand can figure this out. About 15 will be introduced today, from the BMAH and rare drops. Those 15 will get at least 1 more invite to hand out, plus 15 more from BMAH and drops. That's 45 total people now. The new 30 get at least 1 more invite, bringing us to 75 people, plus 15 more random drops, bringing us to 90. The number of people in the guild will more or less double daily. Exponential growth leads to absolutely ridiculous numbers very, very fast. Even if we only got 2 people on day 1, and that number doubled daily, we'd be at ~17000 people within 2 weeks. There's less than 17000 people on each server. And we're not even starting with 2 people. We're starting with AT LEAST 10.

And if you want this content so badly on day 1, go get the gold. It's not hard. I make 4000+ gold a day off of 20 minutes of work.

tl;dr: If you're complaining about this, DO SOME BASIC MATH AND THINK FOR A MOMENT.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
11/27/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Aeolyn
In all fairness, I know a player that spent over 600k just to prevent someone else from getting Invincible on the Black Market (he already had it).

Wow, he must be pretty dumb to have done that.

11/27/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Aeolyn
It only takes one enormous jerk with a lot of money to ruin it for everyone.

No one can possibly monopolize the Brawler's guild for more than a few days, max. Delaying for a few days is not ruining.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
In all fairness, I know a player that spent over 600k just to prevent someone else from getting Invincible on the Black Market (he already had it). It only takes one enormous jerk with a lot of money to ruin it for everyone. Probably won't be an issue for most folks, but I'm willing to bet at least one server will fall victim to this sort of thing.

Invincible was a one-time thing. If there were ten a day, plus random drops from rare spawns, he wouldn't be able to do it.

Also, people get self-righteous about Invincible because it was once a drop from a very difficult raid encounter (Realm First Light of Dawn was six months into Cataclysm on my realm), and they don't want anyone other than elite raiders to have it. Brawler's Guild doesn't come with that kind of baggage.
Edited by Keeblik on 11/27/2012 10:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
so will there be a seperate guild chat for brawlers?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/27/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Values
Also, it hasn't yet been announced how they plan to allow people to invite others (to my knowledge), but I'd assume that you can invite (x) people per (y) days, probably something like 3/week.

People are only going to have one invite to give out once they reach rank.

Blizz is making more and more catering to the masses and not the 1%.
LFR and the fact that 5 man heroics are beyond simple goes to show that.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
OMG!!!! Finally!!! I will wait patiently for my invite....tho this be known, I belong in this guild!
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
11/27/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Nazzgul
With the latest patch, 5.1 “Landfall”, we’ve introduced the new feature, the Brawler’s Guild. As we [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004406077"]previously announced[/url], entry into the Brawler’s Guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs. Before you rush to your realm’s black market auction house, we wanted to make you aware that invitations may not be available immediately upon realms going live, but should be showing up within the next 24 hours. We wish those of you who choose to take on this next challenge the best of luck in your endeavor.

and i see that they didnt change thier minds about how invitations went out,so i guess that only those who are gold capped or are lucky enough to win a roll from a random mob will be the ones who get to do this.

incoming "WTS Brawlers guild invitations 100K" thanks alot for not listening to the vast majority of the WoW player base.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Funny how what Brawlers Guild is based on (fight club) was based on principles that are the exact opposite of how this is playing out.

i.e. screw the rich, commodity is worthless

Funny stuff blizz. ;)
Reply Quote

"Now that WoW is coming to an end"

10+ million subscriptions in an 8-year old game means WoW is coming to an end?

"the designers only want to reward their most hardcore fan base that are gold capped, high guild numbers and mega raid players."

You have to be gold capped and hardcore to buy an invite to the Brawler's Guild?
How is Blizzard rewarding guilds with a large amount of members?
How are "mega raid players" being rewarded anymore than they were before with titles, feats of strength and the best gear? (Do they not deserve all of this for progressing through current content?)

"Everyone else is meaningless to them even though it is our subscriptions that made 8 years of WoW possible."
Meaningless..no...casuals are the majority of WoW subs..Blizzard even gave you LFR, LFD and that you don't need to raid to get Valor. They gave you tons of choices. Not 8 years, because WoW started to become more casual in Wrath and has gone that way since. WoW was hardcore in Vanilla/BC which was about 50% of WoW's life so far. So your "our subscriptions made 8 years of WoW possible" statement is incorrect. More like 4 years.

"If I get an invite which I most seriously doubt, I'll invite every Alliance soul I can find on my server for absolutely FREE."

I don't think people will want to give you invite if all you do is complain. Also, do what you want..Blizz doesn't care how much you charge ingame?..
Edited by Magecole on 11/27/2012 10:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
This is a bunch of BS really i mean starting bid on anything in AH is 10,000 gold and your really selling IL 503 or some %^&* great so sniffling little nerds that can spend all there parents money can buy more gold and have better gear than me cuz there more wealthy outside the game? thanks http://www.wowwiki.com/Black_Market_Auction_House have fun with your fun new tier sets ill never be able to acquire
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
11/27/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Nethaera
What can I say... I'm a rebel. ;)

He plays by his own rules, nobody else's... not even his own.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
11/27/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Wisemuffins
The number of people in the guild will more or less double daily.

Not necessarily. Not everyone will get to rank 7 the first day they get it, especially once the queues start getting long.
Reply Quote
99 Orc Warrior
hi guys
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

and i see that they didnt change thier minds about how invitations went out,so i guess that only those who are gold capped or are lucky enough to win a roll from a random mob will be the ones who get to do this.

incoming "WTS Brawlers guild invitations 100K" thanks alot for not listening to the vast majority of the WoW player base.

Kill an NPC. It's pretty free to do that.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
11/27/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Nazzgul
With the latest patch, 5.1 “Landfall”, we’ve introduced the new feature, the Brawler’s Guild. As we [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004406077"]previously announced[/url], entry into the Brawler’s Guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs. Before you rush to your realm’s black market auction house, we wanted to make you aware that invitations may not be available immediately upon realms going live, but should be showing up within the next 24 hours. We wish those of you who choose to take on this next challenge the best of luck in your endeavor.

I pretty much agree with this ^.
This Brawlers guild is going to end up being a joke, with the gold cappers getting the first invites by spending the mentioned gold cap on the first ones on the BMAH, then selling them to random people for a bunch more gold. Eventually the cost of them is going to be almost nothing, and by eventually, I mean not too distant future, because everyone will have an invite from people selling them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
How can you people complain when everyone on a norm pop server will be in the guild in 2 months...

You can also go farm the inv from the NPCs....

QQ about something else.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Does this mean we need to start laying waste to alliance/horde towns in the hopes of scooping up a free invitation? What does the *certain* mean, faction leaders?

Rumor has it the Horde Conquest Vendor has a 100% Drop Rate between 3pm and 12am Server Time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]