Brawler’s Guild Invitation Update

100 Night Elf Druid

This.

Not to mention, this is a general whole lot of crying. People are assuming that other players are going to really go out of their way to cockblock others from the brawler's guild for a long period of time -- they're not. Especially with the removal of the Realm First achievement -- they're simply not.

Also, why are people complaining that there's some content for the hardcore AH grinder? What, just because their playstyle does not suit you they can't have ANYTHING? How many things are released SPECIFICALLY to cater to the diehard AH player? And how many updates are released for everyone else? Even if diehard AH players are only 1% of the playerbase, it makes sense that 1% of updates should cater to them, no?

Not even saying this does cater to them -- this caters to everybody. Rich players who love solo content and are good enough to excel at it WILL pay hand over fist for these invitations early on. Pumping so much gold out of the economy helps make the poor players (presumably: you guys) 'richer' in the sense that deflation makes your gold more valuable. You will still get entry, albeit maybe a week or two later. Will it kill you to wait a week or two? Are you in BiS raid gear, BiS pvp gear, with all achievements, all pets, all mounts, etc and have literally nothing else to do in the game for those two weeks? Even if you were, I'd tell you to spend those 2 weeks learning how to AH effectively so the next time something like this comes up you wouldn't have to wait 2 weeks.

You guys should check out Louis CK's skit on "Hilarious" about how everyone wants to do their FAVORITE THING RIGHT NOW, and they won't settle for anything less. Then you should head over to tvtropes.org and read about "unpleasable fanbase," because you are fitting the cliches.

This may be the only time I say this to an undead rogue, but you are my hero.
I don't play the AH, and it might take me a few weeks to get into Brawlers' Guild myself.

Doesn't.
Matter.

Let the AH barons (and the mob farmers) have rights to Brawlers' Guild for a little bit. It will still be there a little later for the rest of us.
Reply Quote
4 Blood Elf Warlock
One of the problems I'm having in Panda-Land is finding all these things.

Ok, serious question: Where is the Black Market Auction House?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The Black Market AH is located within the 'Tavern in the Mists' at the 'Veiled Stair.'
Reply Quote
1 Undead Rogue
Thing is, even if these 'mega rich' end up snapping up all the invites, they still need to reach level 7 for ONE invite. They can't just head straight to trade and spam Infinite sales. And who is to say they are going to reach level 7 at all?

Do any of you complainers know the extent of difficulty yet? Do any of you know how long it will take to reach level 7?

I can see a lot of the loaded people spending a fortune on the BMAH invite only to realise that they just aren't up to the challenge. Therefore jokes on them for going out of their way paying premium for something that they will see no return on.

The people who are angry about this new concept are the same casuals who want everything handed to them as they feel entitled just because they play the game in the first place, disregarding how much effort the majority of others put into their experience.

The concept was meant to be that of an exclusive, elitist club. Of course everyone wants to be apart of it because they 'feel' they are the chosen one. But at the end of the day it's just not for everyone.
Edited by Plasmoduck on 11/27/2012 1:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
If everyone got an invitation then it wouldnt have its exclusive feel.
Reply Quote
There are 10 invite a day from what I understand, ...

Even if we reduce that to one invite per member per day, it's still not as bad as everyone is making out.

FFS you idiots, do the math.

If each current member can invite one new person per day, then the membership will double every day. Even with 1,000,000 active characters on a server, that would only take 3 weeks to saturate:

1 person on day 1
2 on day 2
4 on day 3
8 on day 4
16 on day 5
1,048,576 on day 21

Granted, those early adopters may be passing around some serious gold, but within a week or two prices will fall.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I was really hoping they'd drop off major faction NPCs--like city bosses! That could have made for some fun and chaotic times.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
That

f each current member can invite one new person per day, then the membership will double every day. Even with 1,000,000 active characters on a server, that would only take 3 weeks to saturate:

1 person on day 1
2 on day 2
4 on day 3
8 on day 4
16 on day 5
1,048,576 on day 21

That's not how it works at all. YOu don't get to insta invite when you join. You get an invite when you reach a certain level.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
It's still not like AH mavens will be able to prevent it for more than a few weeks. And if they do prevent it for those few weeks it'll be massively deflationary which is great for those of us without tons and tons of gold (I only have 30kish between this and my bank alt).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
11/27/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Cylarana
It's still not like AH mavens will be able to prevent it for more than a few weeks. And if they do prevent it for those few weeks it'll be massively deflationary which is great for those of us without tons and tons of gold (I only have 30kish between this and my bank alt).

Not only that, but if Blizzard noticed someone trying to corner all the invitations to grief other players, Blizzard would only need to toss some more invitations up on the AH for that realm to render the griefer's entire effort wasted.

Sometimes I think people just need something to get worked up about to feel complete.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
11/27/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Chibipriest
I wonder which NPCs will drop the goods? 8)

Uhmm, maybe the raid bosses in the PVP BGs...?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/27/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Plasmoduck
Do any of you complainers know the extent of difficulty yet? Do any of you know how long it will take to reach level 7?

2 of my guildies got to level 7 pretty easily.

so the only way one can get an invite is either getting a lucky drop or buying it off the BMAH??? And only 10 invites drop per day??? I"m very confused.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
What specfic npc's drop thme or have a chance to?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
The invites DO drop from the rares.... I just got one on US-Bloodhoof.
Reply Quote
72 Human Death Knight
how do i add a pandaria dnc to my account the alone world of warcraft games i got is 1 throw 3
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Any rare or ones in the zone ? details please =) would really like one
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
11/27/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Gødsent
Drink! Brawl! Drink! Brawl!

Dropkick Murphys - Drink and Fight, should be the Brawler's guild theme.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5KqEQvgYyk

This song is not the Dropkick Murphys, it has been mislabeled as them for years...

and I agree with the following statement:

"The first rule of the Brawler's guild is you don't talk about the Brawlers' guild."
Reply Quote
15 Blood Elf Hunter
Are they not dropping yet or are they just not from the BMAH? Ive farmed them since I got home today, I really hope its just a low drop rate ;_;
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Cmon Blizz, its a game not the movie, we wanna do this...not take 5 years farming for the invitation.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Alright friends, here's the deal:

Three rares for ally and three rares for hordies have a chance to drop an invitation. I'm ally, so the three that I farmed are:

Kar Warmkaer (68321)
Muerta (68322)
Ubunti the Shade (68320)

I got it on the third kill. When you hit rank 7 your reward is ONE pass to give out. So please don't harass everyone in the arena area for an invitation.

Good luck with your farming!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]