JoinBattlefield -- how do we use it post 5.1?

100 Undead Death Knight
Blues we are waiting.
90 Undead Mage
11/27/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Mokkthemadd
*waits for a response*
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As ghostcrawler did respond on twitter, I can only hope that theyre looking into it, its just slightly behind in their priority list with it being patch day and all.

I hope.

I really really hope.

EDIT: hey we made it to the front page
Edited by Vynsint on 11/27/2012 6:34 PM PST
90 Undead Warlock
I hope this is just a bug. Since they required us to do rbgs to cap CP, I've been using Oq successfully in finding a group each week.
100 Tauren Death Knight
Please reconsider breaking oqueue. This is the only way to enjoy PvP for those of us who do not believe in botting in battlegrounds.
I too am a huge fan of this oqueue addon. It is one of the few reasons I play wow as much as I do. It allows serious PvPers from all over the world from any server to gather, group and play this game that we love so much. Obviously, there is nothing violating the terms of service or you'd have taken direct action against it's creators and those that use it and you wouldn't have had to come in through the back door altering strings of codes that have been in place for a long time. Would it help if we promise not to farm Allies in their gy's anymore? I PROMISE!

I stand with my fellow PvPers and...

11/27/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Mokkthemadd
*waits for a response*
90 Blood Elf Priest
I will bribe you with nachos, and candy, and an unmarked van ( i keep spares ) please respond. Hell even a " !@#$ off we have no response for you yet " would be appreciated versus a big wall of nothing ='[ .
90 Troll Druid
I hope this is just a bug. Not sure I can stand being the only non-bot in a BG again.
90 Tauren Death Knight
Please like Tiny's original post, and speak up (post!) if this addon is the reason you pay your sub every month.
90 Undead Mage
You do not fix things that need to be fixed. Botting, hacking, and you go and screw with a perfectly good addon like oQ. What a bunch of idiots.

Cout me in the group that will stop sending you money if this crap isn't fixed.
Edited by Lotakk on 11/27/2012 6:55 PM PST
92 Human Paladin
If I had to guess, I'd say that it's intentional, and that it's supposed to keep botting programs from auto loading characters into bgs.

I'm not sure if it's possible to automate selecting a bg from the panel, if not, then this may be a permanent thing.

Not that I like it ... but maybe the bot designers have gotten out in front and the Empire is feeling a bit desperate.
Edited by Stoneghost on 11/27/2012 6:58 PM PST
90 Tauren Druid
damn bro im mad :(
90 Undead Rogue
I hear pressing H also works....You guys could play without attempting to stack the deck in your favor.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/27/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Thenoir
I hear pressing H also works....You guys could play without attempting to stack the deck in your favor.

It's not a matter of "Stacking the deck"

It's a matter of not wanting to play with bots and AFK'ers on either side.

Alliance use Oq as well as Preform AV to avoid the same thing. It's not as if it was a mutually exclusive thing for the horde. If blizzard could fix the botting problem we wouldn't need addon's like this. But since they apparently cant we have to take it upon ourselves and do what we have to do to not end up getting stuck in a fail BG with multiple bots running around doing nothing.
Edited by Xemnes on 11/27/2012 7:09 PM PST
90 Undead Priest
LNC
11/27/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Xemnes
It's a matter of not wanting to play with bots on either side

don't forget retards and afk-ers
90 Undead Priest
Dear Blizzard Entertainment,

You Have Changed Or Blocked A Code In WoW Crushing Down An Amazing Addon Created By Tinysmasher. I Lead Bgs and Rated Battlegrounds Using This Addon If You Could Respond We Would Appreciate It Or Even Let Tinysmasher Know How To Work Around This. There Is A Huge Vent Server With 20 Rooms For Players Who Use This Add on and Many Other Addons Waiting For Tiny To Be Able To Repair It. This Addon Has Brought Many Awesome Players Together Who Enjoy The PvP Side Of The Game Casual and Hardcore.

No Matter If You Have Your Addon Fixed Or Not Fixed Tiny Thanks For The Awesome Work Up Till Now.

Blizzard Please Reply To Our Thread.
90 Undead Mage
I think this AddOn is awesome, but I'm confused as to WHY it hinges upon a script using the join queue action...

I may be misinterpreting the guts of the addon, but I assumed it essentially served as a network of players who could group together, and then join a queue (be it RBG, LFR, low level BGs or honor farming). I think this is an excellent addon, but I'm not positive as to why it's "broken" because of this change.

Again, I would appreciate blizzard communicating with the players on this very important issue.

P.S. I really don't like when people capitalize every word of their post, praytience...
91 Undead Warrior
been thinking about this since logging in after the shut-down and given GC's twit i have to
believe it is an unintended effect of putting the brakes on botting. nothing else makes any
reasonable sense.

blizzard has made it known in many ways they're wanting to put the 'war' back in warcraft
and they've been encouraging 'group' play in pvp and have done so in a number of official
ways. this is a big reason that an intentional break of these addons doesn't make sense,
not to mention what it's done to the boxing community.

these premade addons have done a lot, a whole lot, in putting pvp back into pvp, and more. the increase in well fought battlegrounds just since september has been amazing. thanks is given to preform AV, oQueue, the makers of those addons, the people behind the scenes like the wait list keepers, the people who take time to help others with forming groups, and those that word of mouth the battleground fun that's taking place... the battlegrounds are becoming enjoyable again for a lot of people.

i just can't make myself believe that this addon breaker was intended.
to make this unintended break right is going to take another patch. i
don't think a hotfix is enough. it won't be pleasant waiting for this patch
to get put out but hopefully blizz will fast-track it, as i'm sure they will.

Cheers.
Pleb.
91 Blood Elf Priest
I'd still love to hear something, and am really, really hoping that this was some kind of unfortunate mistake.

See, OQueue is the only thing that keeps me playing this game right now. I never used to pvp at all, it was just too painful going into a random BG alone. Botters, AFKers, nobody to peel for me, no communication, rage everywhere. It was so toxic, I couldn't imagine pvp ever being fun. Years of that kind of hell...I'll never go back. I'll quit and find another game to play before I hit that "random BG" button by myself again.

RL keeps me from being able to PvE with my guild like I want to but with Oqueue, I have a big "extended guild" of pvpers just waiting for a healer. I can pop online for a couple of hours when I have the time, find a fun group and PvP for the FUN of running a BG. Unheard of, right? After years and years of hating pvp so much, I now look forward to the few hours I can play WoW. I've made many new friends in this awesome community that I never would have without Oqueue. We joke, we laugh, we have a great time. Please don't tear this apart. Please let this be just a mistake.
90 Tauren Druid
I think this AddOn is awesome, but I'm confused as to WHY it hinges upon a script using the join queue action...

I may be misinterpreting the guts of the addon, but I assumed it essentially served as a network of players who could group together, and then join a queue (be it RBG, LFR, low level BGs or honor farming). I think this is an excellent addon, but I'm not positive as to why it's "broken" because of this change.

Again, I would appreciate blizzard communicating with the players on this very important issue.

P.S. I really don't like when people capitalize every word of their post, praytience...

The reason it's broken is because you're not technically supposed to be able to queue more than 5 people at a time. This addon takes two separate groups and queues them up together, checks when each got their queue to come up, and gives you an idea of whether or not the 2+ groups will be in the same BG. If you can't queue both (or more) groups at the same time, it's pure guesswork. I.E. you get both leaders to hit the button at approximately the same time and hope it works :p
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]