JoinBattlefield -- how do we use it post 5.1?

90 Orc Hunter
I'm still using oQueue for premades. I'm just doing it differently, and its a headache but STILL better than queuing up solo and hoping i don't get any bots.

EotS last night:

2 other group leaders i knew, Screamn, Zoolma. Both from my server, I call out 3 2 1.... I wait one second after that and queue. the delay on vent was just enough for them to queue at 1. oQueue still displayed the good queue, bad queue timers properly. Bad queue? people had to manually remove themself from queue. I lost 3 players due to there inability to follow directions and leave queue properly.

Managable but a headache. Please blizzard, You have a huge community of players that use this on a daily bases, we've created friends with one another and its re-ignited my love for the game.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree the bots are a problem, but so are premades. If you want to run a premade then RBG, that's what it is for..

I can't stand people that do premades just so they can feel good about themselves playing against a RANDOM team and dominating them.. A good premade team will always dominate a Random team.. its not fair and takes away from the casual players or fresh 90s just trying to get some gear and have some fun....

People that do premades simply tells me they are not good enough to rbg or are to scared. If you want to play with a TEAM you put together.. RBG... Starting to sound repetitive? Good..

People often forget about 5 man arenas....

To all the low level twinks that can't RBG because they refuse to get to 90.. Well.. thats your fault.. Again.. it shows how bad of a player you are because you chose to be a twink, knowing that you can dominate any player just trying to do a casual bg to have some fun inbetween leveling... You RUIN it....

Then you all have the audacity to come to the forums and complain....

A few good players can change the course of an entire BG... So many times have I went into a BG like WSG with the score at 0/2 .. Some fresh people come in from others quiting, like myself and we turn the game around. No it doesn't happen every time, but often enough.

But you can bring FIVE people with you... That is a TEAM... If you can't win a BG when 5 of your players are pre made... your doing something wrong...

I don't want to hear .. "Well.. How are we supposed to practice for RBGs.. ". .. Uh.. Do RBGs.. People need to stop taking RBGs so seriously.. Practice makes perfect.. its a game.. have fun and your mmr will be adjusted on how well you do..

A rating is a rating is a rating... Who cares if you lose some of your rating from losing a few games. Really.. if you care about rating at all, go join a serious PvP guild.

The thing that disgust me the most about this post is the fact that you use the bots as an excuse to be cheap. Don't want to deal with bots? Do RBGs!! (Damn.. Really am getting repetitive huh.. ) or Arena...

If all you want to do is premade all day and/or be a twink. Go find a nice low level zone and just start one shotting people all day.. It offers the same reward.

Everything he said was wrong, Do not believe this person.
90 Undead Warlock
11/28/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Prosthetíc
Get over it they fixed the problems in balancing the game.

How? I still see many afkers/bots...that's just wrong.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/28/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Serious
Oh man what an important thing to fix, better bump it to the top of the priority list

I didnt think many other things were broken by this patch, but i dont pve much, or at all really.
nor do i think pet battling is much fun, but im not going to slam those who like to pet battle
90 Orc Hunter
boy do i love level 1's posting like they have a pair.... that makes me chuckle.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/28/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Prosthetíc
P.S You can blame Tiny for making this soo main stream that it caught the eye of the big guys. Also Blame any Leader who has lead a group into spawn camping and delayed win tactics in order to fully eploit pugs.

its no different then people who gear up their alts with heirlooms and camp gys in lvling bgs
90 Undead Warlock
11/28/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Prosthetíc
Also Blame any Leader who has lead a group into spawn camping and delayed win tactics in order to fully eploit pugs.

Pugs gy camp as well...been in many, and vs many. It's not just a premade tactic.
90 Undead Warlock
11/28/2012 12:33 PMPosted by ßombed
its no different then people who gear up their alts with heirlooms and camp gys in lvling bgs

It's also no different from people in PvP gear doing the same, or folks who know how to play. Or people with friends. I mean, it gets to a point where trying to account for the lowest common denominator becomes a slippery slope. Maybe we should all be forced to AFK, to account for bot-imbalance.
90 Orc Hunter
You know. I bet this prosthetic clown is " Sorin "
90 Gnome Mage
Just think of me as the other side of the spectrum. You are just going to have to face facts that blizzard once took premades out of the game for a reason. I dont really think Ive said anything to disrespect just saying my point of view and defending my self.

R.I.P. OQ with my respect because I did use it on alliance side but I do see the unbalanced aspect of it.

Still I do like the song that i have stated before as a show of respect/humor
Na Na Na Na. Na Na Na Na. Hey Hey Hey. Goodbye

you're so brave, posting on a level one character so you can hide your actual toons.
90 Undead Warlock
11/28/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Asilbür
you're so brave, posting on a level one character so you can hide your actual toons.

I can see his main being forum banned so he has to post on a lowbie.
90 Gnome Mage
11/28/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Yaegar
You know, maybe the "Do RBGs" argument would hold water if the people forming premades didn't want honor, and alternatively wanted rating. But the thing is, why is it that for honor grinds and baseline PvP fun, it's required that players hobble themselves to match with those who simply don't care enough to improve their own play? That's really the equivalent to making sure players can't mouse-turn, because teams that don't will get stomped. The simple fact is that all of the people crying about being butchered by premades could simply start their own. It wasn't hard with an addon like OQ present.

And this exactly, i can't improve my character by running RBG's.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
i'd like to point out in a solo wsg queue i camped the alliance gy solo, wiping them out three times before they had the brains to really focus me down. go bots and bad players
90 Pandaren Monk
This RBG only thing for pre mades is a horrible idea lol. Some of us still need to grind honor and especially with the upgrading requiring honor again making us have to carry bots to win and I am sorry but some bots are really heavy to carry and shouldnt have to see which side has more bots to determine who is going to win it should be actual players who have the determination, skill, and coordination to win and Oqueue did just that it allowed players with the determination, skill (depends on the player but practice makes perfect), and coordination (which most have you in vent for this purpose) to find each other and have a decent battleground experience.
90 Undead Priest
I guess everyone has to get back to spamming chat rooms for RBG group lol..

bliz chat reminds me of old america online chat rooms

back to carrying 3-5 bots in 10 man bg's and give the completely free honor and cp while they sleep.

bots - 2
bliz - 0
Edited by Xpotiom on 11/28/2012 12:47 PM PST
90 Undead Mage
I'm hearing this issue has been resolved, true?
90 Orc Hunter
11/28/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Fotmage
I'm hearing this issue has been resolved, true?

I will start a run up right now and we'll see

look for Targit's Ghetto Premades™

if it works.

look for Targit's Premades™
90 Pandaren Monk
11/28/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Yaegar
You know, maybe the "Do RBGs" argument would hold water if the people forming premades didn't want honor, and alternatively wanted rating. But the thing is, why is it that for honor grinds and baseline PvP fun, it's required that players hobble themselves to match with those who simply don't care enough to improve their own play? That's really the equivalent to making sure players can't mouse-turn, because teams that don't will get stomped. The simple fact is that all of the people crying about being butchered by premades could simply start their own. It wasn't hard with an addon like OQ present.

You know, maybe the "We need this addon fixed so we can do Premades" would hold water if RBGs were not in existance.. But they are...

Did you miss the part where you can take 5 players into a BG with you? If you can't win with 5 players you know and play with.. Something is wrong with YOU not the system.

Who is crying about being butchered by premades? I'm simply stating its not "fair".

Random BGs are for those casual players "who simply don't care enough to improve their own play".

No, I do not want to start my own premade or join one, because I like a challenge. Also why I do RBGs. There is no fun in slaughtering a team thats never played together before or are just under geared.

You still get honor from RBGs, just not the bonus.

The problem is not with the system at all, it is with the players. Of course you all are going to come up with more and more excuses to why premades are a good thing.. They arn't needed.. period..

Someone has to win, someone has to lose. Many just can't handle losing and end up getting frustrated and blaming everyone but themselves, because they were to good to lose. So, instead of trying to improve their game play or team cohesion they quit in a mad rage and do what?.... Go make a pre-made for Random BGs to feel good about themselves...

Why should I have to go against an experienced pre-made team just to have some casual fun? If I want to get anything close to serious, I go into Arenas and RBGs...

Most of your excuses (and I mean all of you not just this guy) are really lame and unjustified to why premades should be in exsistence...

The only person who has made a credible point is Tiny himself.

However, though not everyone goes into a pre-made to ROFLSTOMP a pug with all CQ gear... most do...

The other features of the addon sound great.. just drop the Random BG pre-made part. Its for casuals, leave it that way...

To add:

Most of the time people don't bother to report the bots or afkers... again.. Players fault not blizzards.. Though they need to work on their detection methods or start using punkbuster....
Edited by Glítch on 11/28/2012 12:49 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]