JoinBattlefield -- how do we use it post 5.1?

90 Orc Hunter
11/28/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Prosthetíc
dont want to get trolled on my server sorry. oQ more

Well done sir. spoken like a true coward.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
11/28/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Glítch
You know, maybe the "Do RBGs" argument would hold water if the people forming premades didn't want honor, and alternatively wanted rating. But the thing is, why is it that for honor grinds and baseline PvP fun, it's required that players hobble themselves to match with those who simply don't care enough to improve their own play? That's really the equivalent to making sure players can't mouse-turn, because teams that don't will get stomped. The simple fact is that all of the people crying about being butchered by premades could simply start their own. It wasn't hard with an addon like OQ present.

You know, maybe the "We need this addon fixed so we can do Premades" would hold water if RBGs were not in existance.. But they are...

Did you miss the part where you can take 5 players into a BG with you? If you can't win with 5 players you know and play with.. Something is wrong with YOU not the system.

Who is crying about being butchered by premades? I'm simply stating its not "fair".

Random BGs are for those casual players "who simply don't care enough to improve their own play".

No, I do not want to start my own premade or join one, because I like a challenge. Also why I do RBGs. There is no fun in slaughtering a team thats never played together before or are just under geared.

You still get honor from RBGs, just not the bonus.

The problem is not with the system at all, it is with the players. Of course you all are going to come up with more and more excuses to why premades are a good thing.. They arn't needed.. period..

Someone has to win, someone has to lose. Many just can't handle losing and end up getting frustrated and blaming everyone but themselves, because they were to good to lose. So, instead of trying to improve their game play or team cohesion they quit in a mad rage and do what?.... Go make a pre-made for Random BGs to feel good about themselves...

Why should I have to go against an experienced pre-made team just to have some casual fun? If I want to get anything close to serious, I go into Arenas and RBGs...

Most of your excuses (and I mean all of you not just this guy) are really lame and unjustified to why premades should be in exsistence...

The only person who has made a credible point is Tiny himself.

However, though not everyone goes into a pre-made to ROFLSTOMP a pug with all CQ gear... most do...

The other features of the addon sound great.. just drop the Random BG pre-made part. Its for casuals, leave it that way...

To add:

Most of the time people don't bother to report the bots or afkers... again.. Players fault not blizzards.. Though they need to work on their detection methods or start using punkbuster....

No one is stopping you from using oQueue. The only person kicking and screaming are the people that want to be carried, from what I see.
84 Undead Mage
I agree the bots are a problem, but so are premades. If you want to run a premade then RBG, that's what it is for..

I can't stand people that do premades just so they can feel good about themselves playing against a RANDOM team and dominating them.. A good premade team will always dominate a Random team.. its not fair and takes away from the casual players or fresh 90s just trying to get some gear and have some fun....

People that do premades simply tells me they are not good enough to rbg or are to scared. If you want to play with a TEAM you put together.. RBG... Starting to sound repetitive? Good..

People often forget about 5 man arenas....

To all the low level twinks that can't RBG because they refuse to get to 90.. Well.. thats your fault.. Again.. it shows how bad of a player you are because you chose to be a twink, knowing that you can dominate any player just trying to do a casual bg to have some fun inbetween leveling... You RUIN it....

Then you all have the audacity to come to the forums and complain....

A few good players can change the course of an entire BG... So many times have I went into a BG like WSG with the score at 0/2 .. Some fresh people come in from others quiting, like myself and we turn the game around. No it doesn't happen every time, but often enough.

But you can bring FIVE people with you... That is a TEAM... If you can't win a BG when 5 of your players are pre made... your doing something wrong...

I don't want to hear .. "Well.. How are we supposed to practice for RBGs.. ". .. Uh.. Do RBGs.. People need to stop taking RBGs so seriously.. Practice makes perfect.. its a game.. have fun and your mmr will be adjusted on how well you do..

A rating is a rating is a rating... Who cares if you lose some of your rating from losing a few games. Really.. if you care about rating at all, go join a serious PvP guild.

The thing that disgust me the most about this post is the fact that you use the bots as an excuse to be cheap. Don't want to deal with bots? Do RBGs!! (Damn.. Really am getting repetitive huh.. ) or Arena...

If all you want to do is premade all day and/or be a twink. Go find a nice low level zone and just start one shotting people all day.. It offers the same reward.

Everything he said was wrong, Do not believe this person.

wow this guy raging on premades... its public and availible to all buddy so there isnt any unfair advantage if u refuse to use it you can coordinate your pug game with ingame voicechat and deal with ur bots. Its jus enhancing something you can do already its an addon like any other. jus like you can farm rare spawns without npcscan but someone with it is going to find more. Just like someonewho uses battleground targets will easily be able to figure out who the healers or targets are and switch to them quicker and more efficeintly. All addons give a little advantage or conveniece if they didn't there would be no use for any addon.
3 Tauren Paladin

wow this guy raging on premades... its public and availible to all buddy so there isnt any unfair advantage if u refuse to use it you can coordinate your pug game with ingame voicechat and deal with ur bots. Its jus enhancing something you can do already its an addon like any other. jus like you can farm rare spawns without npcscan but someone with it is going to find more. Just like someonewho uses battleground targets will easily be able to figure out who the healers or targets are and switch to them quicker and more efficeintly. All addons give a little advantage or conveniece if they didn't there would be no use for any addon.

This, I'm not too big on the idea of stomping pubs, but it's a hell of a lot better than being put into WoW's equivalent of Russian Roulette, where whoever has less bots and/or more players wins. Factor gear differences into this, and Random BGs may as well be a slot machine.
And RBGs? You simply can't play those in certain specs, it's been that way since the very beginning. Maybe if there were a rated AV or something, that'd change, but there isn't.

I know it might seem like overreacting, maybe it is, but I really can't see myself spending that sub money at the moment; that's at least three nice cups of coffee a month, and I like my coffee.
90 Pandaren Monk
No, I do not want to start my own premade or join one, because I like a challenge.

many just can't handle losing and end up getting frustrated and blaming everyone but themselves, because they were to good to lose. So, instead of trying to improve their game play or team cohesion they quit in a mad rage and do what?

How do you improve team cohesion and game play when you're down two players because of AFKers and Bots? They must be very responsive to your persuasive arguments that they can't/won't read.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
No, I do not want to start my own premade or join one, because I like a challenge.

You know this is the equivalent of saying 'I don't want to put on a jacket if it's cold because it makes me seem tougher', right? You cut your nose off to spite your face.
Edited by Vhelrillon on 11/28/2012 1:02 PM PST
100 Undead Warlock
@Glitch:
http://i.imgur.com/UNZE8.gif
90 Blood Elf Warrior
i report every bot i can find, the fact is either they are auto programmed to run to a node and i can't tell unless i'm the other team or they auto follow a player and if they aren't a bot that bot will always be going into combat. if i was able i would report the other teams bots..... i have tried.
90 Pandaren Monk

I'm not raging, you are all crying because the addon isn't working. As many addons do enhance, I firmly believe ones like this cheat the system.... It is a work around, a hack, it does something not intended, aka allowing a bunch of people in the same raid to get into a pug BG.

Many of the "normal" addons only enhance things that were already there or makes certain things easier. For example, BG Targets: The scoreboard is there and you can scroll through the list and see their team make up. If you can't spot a healer on the battlefield.. I'm sorry? How did you make it this far.. Yes I use BG Targets, but if it broke tomorrow I wouldn't cry.

It is unfair.. Because people that want to have a casual experience can not...
84 Undead Mage

many just can't handle losing and end up getting frustrated and blaming everyone but themselves, because they were to good to lose. So, instead of trying to improve their game play or team cohesion they quit in a mad rage and do what?

How do you improve team cohesion and game play when you're down two players because of AFKers and Bots? They must be very responsive to your persuasive arguments that they can't/won't read.

^ exactly and to the guy that dont want to join or start a premade because he wants a challenge good for you thats your own choice but realize that you do have that choice so it is in no way unbalanced
90 Blood Elf Warrior
11/28/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Glítch

Why does 'casual' have to mean uninformed or incapable of seeking the same edge?
90 Pandaren Monk

You took that statement out of context.. while removing key words.. That statement was soley about RBGs...

"So, instead of trying to improve their game play or team cohesion they quit in a mad rage and do what?" You forgot.. Make or join a pre-made...
84 Undead Mage

I'm not raging, you are all crying because the addon isn't working. As many addons do enhance, I firmly believe ones like this cheat the system.... It is a work around, a hack, it does something not intended, aka allowing a bunch of people in the same raid to get into a pug BG.

Many of the "normal" addons only enhance things that were already there or makes certain things easier. For example, BG Targets: The scoreboard is there and you can scroll through the list and see their team make up. If you can't spot a healer on the battlefield.. I'm sorry? How did you make it this far.. Yes I use BG Targets, but if it broke tomorrow I wouldn't cry.

Umm this is just enhancing what you can already do.. You can have 2 groups in vent counting down 321 QUE and calling out when theirs pops been that way for multiple years this addon does just that but makes it more conveneint and easier and technically you are only queing in a group of 5 does anywhere in the rules say that your group of 5 and your friends cant communicate?
3 Tauren Paladin

I agree, but for completely different reasons; my idea of a casual experience is once that's quick, easy, but doesn't compromise on the quality; this addon made finding groups for casual play so much easier.
I wouldn't mind downgrading to 5-man groups at all, but I get the feeling this change will prompt people to simply stop using the addon, forcing me to deal with being stuck with my own realm and friends (who simply couldn't care less about PvP) once again.
Edited by Passtime on 11/28/2012 1:11 PM PST
90 Goblin Hunter
11/28/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Vhelrillon
No one is stopping you from using oQueue. The only person kicking and screaming are the people that want to be carried, from what I see.

You're so far from the truth. Not about being carried. It's about having more fun coordinating with a team efficiently and winning. SOmetimes it's great for RBG practice runs. But you be the judge:

single q random BGs and tell me how you like it? Many complain about bots, noobs and arks

Do an oQ with a good leader and win EOTS (this week's cta) in 5 mintues 1600-123.

Or a CTF map or AB, anything and know that you're learning from competent and other skilled players who care about winning, not trolling BGs. I'm over the frustration of trying to direct the noobs in BG chat making myself look like a "tryhard" !@# simply because I'm farming honor or trying to have fun, and most of the team hasn't a clue.

Blizz pls make a work around or remove the issue with method call.
91 Tauren Death Knight
11/28/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Glítch

yet its 'fair' to force people to group with bots and afk'rs?

hilariously broken logic
90 Blood Elf Warrior
11/28/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Dungflinger
You're so far from the truth. Not about being carried. It's about having more fun coordinating with a team efficiently and winning. SOmetimes it's great for RBG practice runs. But you be the judge:

That's what I'm saying. The ones that complain the most are the ones that are, more than likely, using bots. By removing the good from the pool, you are forcing them to deal with losses.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
for those who are falling for the oq works troll, one of two things needs to happen. 1) there needs to be a hotfix, server maitenance, something to the effect of blizzard changing the game code. 2) there has to be an oq update.

the way people are running right now is they are group queueing at the same time and checking the time and deciding to join if the time looks good, less idiot proof, but its something. (told you premades wouldn't magically die)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]