JoinBattlefield -- how do we use it post 5.1?

90 Goblin Hunter
11/28/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Vhelrillon
Premades have been around since Vanilla. It is unfair to casual players, the people I am defending, not even myself.. But blizzard also introduced RBGs to combat pre-mades, to give people an easier way to do pre-mades.. It just wan't good enough for people...

Okay, that's wrong. RBGs were introduced to encourage greater than five man play. Proof is in the pudding now that you just want to ruffle feathers.

LOL he said RBGs were made to "combat" premades. As if premades were EVER an issue in this game. If premades were such an issue, than why don't I see more of them now, or pre RBG era? Because getting one going was a chore and hassle.
100 Troll Shaman
23 pages not a single blue post yet.....
90 Undead Death Knight
Not to distract from this truly entertaining conversation, but did we decide whether oQ is working now or not?
90 Blood Elf Warrior
11/28/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Show

We were responded to on twitter. Said it was unintentional. Probably will find a way to help us out in time. Until then we have found a little bit more intensive work around.
90 Orc Warrior
Glitch, I am just going to deem your opinions uninformed. You have never ran with this style of grouping so you just wouldn't know that more often than you would think the opposing team does put up a reasonable fight and sometimes we even lose. You make it seem that because we get into BGs with a preset team that we are automatically facing helpless players that have no idea what they are doing. For me personally, this is about community. Because of possibly unintentional behavior of a change, the community will suffer (lose members) if the change is not addressed.

Now this thread has gone a long way from where it started. What I see this thread as is a community action to let the folks at Blizzard know "hey you kinda broke the way we play the game" and though it is not everyone's way of playing the game it is still a way of playing the game. If I am not mistaken premades have been running in BGs since before there was even a Join as Group option.
90 Human Priest

strategy and coordinated effort is where the fun lies. seeing a plan come together while working in a group... loads of fun.

Wouldn't you rather see that strategy, coordinated effort and you plan coming together against a team that could actually put up a fight?

Guessing not.. Oh well... I tried. People will continue to exploit the system any way they can. Yes, getting two groups together and counting down 321 and joining queue is exploiting the system. If it was meant to be, we would be able to do it without an addon... Many things addons have "enhanced" over the years have made it into the game...

Blizzard tried giving people the pre-made option too, it wasn't good enough for them. They still feel the need to exploit the system to make themselves feel good about winning..

I'd much rather lose to a close match than win 1600 to 123. Unless the playing field was even... Like in an RBG.. Then I'd probably enjoy the victory.

For the record, stomping another team that didn't have a chance in the first place is not a win, it is not a victory, it is a slaughter and it definetely does not make you good.

How can you really know if your strategy and coordination is good if you never take it to a team that stands a chance.

Many times in a pug, when getting paired with the right players, we can beat a pre-made no problem. So I guess I can understand why you all insist on doing it... Your just not good enough to fight a real team.. Its Ok.. I'm sure Blizz will come to save the day and fix your code so you can all go back to being bad again.

It honestly reminds me of those people that get their rocks off by going outside a major city, waiting for a duel to be almost over (You know when one of the players is at 1%) and kill them then run away; Or even the same people that hang around lowbie zones to one shot people.. Same concept you all are just to blind to see it...

Your just to good to be bad right? Its always the other players, the afkers, the bots.. the heals, this class that class.. Its not you right? .. Enjoy your game however you enjoy it, but I'm sure you know my opionion of people like you by now.

So out of all this negative bull!@#$ you dribble what part of fun or a challenge is it running a wsg with nine bots?? Where is the challenge in that... I guess you don't play well with others... either way your comments are not need in this forum, it's a forum on getting oQueue back up and running, not Trolls QQing about premades
Edited by Lickmychops on 11/28/2012 2:36 PM PST
91 Blood Elf Priest
The addon over all was never in question, it seems awesome, I may look into it still for everything except doing pre-made BGs....

Premades have been around since Vanilla. It is unfair to casual players, the people I am defending, not even myself.. But blizzard also introduced RBGs to combat pre-mades, to give people an easier way to do pre-mades.. It just wan't good enough for people...

I am a casual. You really don't need to defend me, though it is kind of flattering. I'll be one of the first to admit I'm not a very good PvPer, but I can follow instructions like a pro. Oqueue isn't unfair to casuals.

What's unfair to casuals is randomly queueing for a BG and not even having the hope of a win, when all I need is a little honor to improve my gear. It's getting screamed at and berated and treated like a scrub because I'm in crafted gear or just hit the level cap. What's unfair is joining a BG, knowing I'm a casual and only have time for 1 or 2, and getting abused by MY OWN TEAM. Alliance rogues are already stabbing me in the back, I don't need my teammates doing the same.

The premade community is just that. A community. I get that you're trying to play Devil's Advocate here and white-night for the casuals, but we casuals can defend ourselves.
90 Pandaren Monk
It's very obvious that those commenting on my post have barely skimmed through them.. As I have ran with groups like that, I chose not to do it again because obliterating an unskilled team is not a victory...

You all keep calling me the troll but you need to step back and read your own post as you attack me.

You don't have to run a wsg with nine bots.. or afkers.. Plenty of other ways to make a premade group .. war games.. arenas.. RBGs.... and once again.. Blizzard is obviously working on it according to you guys... but again.. you're more worried about getting your pre-mades back than getting rid of bots and afkers...

it's a forum on getting oQueue back up and running, not Trolls QQing about premades

Yes, getting oQueue back and running when it shouldn't be allowed to be.. well, the premade random bg feature anyway...

If anyone is trolling, its all of you. Everytime you choose to join into a regular Random BG as a pre-made.
Edited by Glítch on 11/28/2012 2:47 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Warrior
11/28/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Sorina
The premade community is just that. A community. I get that you're trying to play Devil's Advocate here and white-night for the casuals, but we casuals can defend ourselves.

Damn right.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/28/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Show

^

;|
90 Human Priest
11/28/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Vhelrillon

We were responded to on twitter. Said it was unintentional. Probably will find a way to help us out in time. Until then we have found a little bit more intensive work around.

I dont buy this twitter comment.. They knew what they were doing...Thats why we dont see a blue post. They will just sit back and wait for this to die in the !@#

Until then we have found a little bit more intensive work around.. I hope its not the 3.2.1. queue now... been there done that :(
85 Tauren Priest
No news yet?
90 Blood Elf Warrior
11/28/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Lickmychops
Until then we have found a little bit more intensive work around.. I hope its not the 3.2.1. queue now... been there done that :(

It is. But it works.
90 Undead Warlock
11/28/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Tinymasher
bot users, bot devs, and trolls... those are the ones that rage against something everyone can use to improve their gaming experience.

Not true...I raged about it for the longest time, and I'm no bot/bot dev. But then I tried it (and actually had fun). People just need to have a more open-mind about this.
90 Pandaren Monk
What's unfair to casuals is randomly queueing for a BG and not even having the hope of a win, when all I need is a little honor to improve my gear.

You mean like when you go up against a team of pre-mades?

It's getting screamed at and berated and treated like a scrub because I'm in crafted gear or just hit the level cap. What's unfair is joining a BG, knowing I'm a casual and only have time for 1 or 2, and getting abused by MY OWN TEAM. Alliance rogues are already stabbing me in the back, I don't need my teammates doing the same.

Yes, there are tons of rude players. However, you also have the /ignore function as well as the report function as I'm sure some of that falls under the lines of harassment....

Now you could say.. I shouldn't have to deal with that.. or I don't want to deal with that.. or that's to much work... Well, you're really not doing the community as a whole any justice by letting those types of peopole skate by unpunished..

I understand you want to play with friends or chill people.. But again, we have guilds , groups all sorts of other ways to pre-made.. why ruin it for the other casual gamers that just want to come home from work or wherever and jump into a quick bg without the hassle of using some third-party add on and waiting for a team.

It absolutely sucks that people choose to afk and bot rather than play the game they pay for, but pre-mades for regular bgs are not the solution to that.

I'm glad you all are trying to build a community. I have no problems with community as it is diminishing more and more in society every day.. I actually don't feel their are any really "communities" left as people are to self-centered. Also the problem with the people that have the, I just HAVE to win and can't stand to lose and its never them type of attitudes.

I just wish I could make you all see the other side... I have made an effort to see into yours, regardless of how many times you all attack me and call me a troll.
90 Orc Warrior
Yes, I have barely skimmed your posts Glitch. I am a casual forum reader at best. However, what I have read of the debate kind of reminds me of debates between religious person and an atheist. This can go on endlessly in any direction with valid points brought up by both parties with no real conclusion.
90 Undead Warlock
11/28/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Glítch
You mean like when you go up against a team of pre-mades?

No like when you get put with a group of scrubs who decide to afk/bot/not understand the concept of what a BG is. Many many more alliance have dl this add-on, and if many more do then we will have premades vs premades and leave the bots to their own bgs. Why wouldn't anyone want this?
90 Pandaren Monk
11/28/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Peôn
Yes, I have barely skimmed your posts Glitch. I am a casual forum reader at best. However, what I have read of the debate kind of reminds me of debates between religious person and an atheist. This can go on endlessly in any direction with valid points brought up by both parties with no real conclusion.

Yes, you def skimmed as I stated many pages back this is like a dog chasing its tail.

I would of left this forum alone a long time ago if I wasn't repeatedly attacked and talked about in the third person like I'm not actively posting.. Oh well.. such is life.
Edited by Glítch on 11/28/2012 3:08 PM PST
90 Tauren Druid

It absolutely sucks that people choose to afk and bot rather than play the game they pay for, but pre-mades for regular bgs are not the solution to that.

its the only feasible solution atm. reporting afk almost never works on the bots today. thats assuming you have enough non bots to even kick one player.
90 Orc Warrior
[quote]

I'm glad you all are trying to build a community. I have no problems with community as it is diminishing more and more in society every day.. I actually don't feel their are any really "communities" left as people are to self-centered. Also the problem with the people that have the, I just HAVE to win and can't stand to lose and its never them type of attitudes.

Personally, If I run with the types of people you listed I usually never run with them again.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]