JoinBattlefield -- how do we use it post 5.1?

90 Pandaren Monk
Response needed badly!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
3 of my friends haveun subbed becuase of this, I might as well not buy any more gametime until it's changed, off to gw2's pvp for a bit.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
well just had a blue post in the general forums. so theyre ignoring us :(
Edited by Vynsint on 11/27/2012 5:18 PM PST
90 Orc Warrior
Give me an answer now blizz. Because of your bugs I was stuck in Black Temple for 3 hours earlier and now this.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I seriously hope that this is an accidental error on the part of Blizzard. They refuse to balance server populations. Sargeras is basically unplayable for the Horde and the only fun I was having in the game was running premade BGs. I have never seriously thought of quitting WoW but between server imbalance and ruining the premade BGs, I am about to cancel my account. Hopefully Blizzard will fix this shortly.
Edited by Emmaloo on 11/27/2012 5:28 PM PST
11/27/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Mokkthemadd
*waits for a response*

+1
90 Undead Rogue
11/27/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Mokkthemadd
*waits for a response*
90 Blood Elf Mage
Hey Bliz - I thought you wanted more people to get into PvP. This OQ "team program" is the only reason I got into PvP... Why has this been crippled?? Someone wins a PvP game and someone gets the loss. Get better or get beaten! Blliz - you siding with the loosers???
90 Blood Elf Paladin
here is a simple macro:
PVPFrameTab1:Click()
local i=1
local b=_G["PVPHonorFrameBgButton"..i] ;
while b do
if b:GetText() == "Warsong Gulch" then
b:Click() ;
print( "joining" ) ;
JoinBattlefield(1,true) ;
return ;
end
i=i+1 ;
b=_G["PVPHonorFrameBgButton"..i] ;
end

this simple code block use to queue my group for warsong (or whatever bg i specified).
now, it's telling me the call is only available to the blizz ui

wth?

how are we supposed to queue groups outside of the wow honor tab?

a blue response would be appreciated by those of us developing addons for YOUR customers

As someone who loves oQueue and has been using it for months, but has no experience in coding, computer programming or designing addons, can someone please explain to me in english what change took place and what's going on?
Edited by Evannder on 11/27/2012 5:35 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Waiting for an answer.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
here is a simple macro:
PVPFrameTab1:Click()
local i=1
local b=_G["PVPHonorFrameBgButton"..i] ;
while b do
if b:GetText() == "Warsong Gulch" then
b:Click() ;
print( "joining" ) ;
JoinBattlefield(1,true) ;
return ;
end
i=i+1 ;
b=_G["PVPHonorFrameBgButton"..i] ;
end

this simple code block use to queue my group for warsong (or whatever bg i specified).
now, it's telling me the call is only available to the blizz ui

wth?

how are we supposed to queue groups outside of the wow honor tab?

a blue response would be appreciated by those of us developing addons for YOUR customers

As someone who loves oQueue and has been using it for months, but has no experience in coding, computer programming or designing addons, can someone please explain to me in english what change took place and what's going on?

Blizzard blocked the addon from being able to queue both parties at once and make sure they're going to the same bg
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Once upon a time a premade PVP group would form in ventrillo and we'd count down for everyone to hit "join queue" at the same time. If a majority of the group's BG "popped" at the same time, those people would join the BG and would know which BG number they entered e.g. AV6 or WSG23 so the rest of the group could queue for that specific BG in the hopes a spot would open partway through. Blizzard took away the ability to queue for a specific BG. The community remained undaunted and continued to count down and join with a majority able to join. Soon after, Preform AV Enabler (or an early facsimilie) came along and automated the process. It didn't make it any more likely for the people to end up in the same BG, it just made it easier to predict if they were in the same one.

The ability to form cross-realm groups through realID and battletag allowed folks to queue as 5-man groups for BGs using a similar "count down" process as before only this time, only the group leaders needed to queue. Along came oQueue which streamlined this process as well. As with PAV, it didn't make it more likely to end up in the same BG, it just made it easier to predict.

Fast forward to today: certain unannounced changes in the API have functionally broken these addons. In other instances where Blizzard has intentionally broken a major addon used by a large segment of the population (AVR immediately springs to mind) they have given a reason for it, maybe it was a good reason, maybe not. Maybe the community agreed, maybe they didn't. The point is, there was an explanation.

In this case as it usually seems, the PVP community has been thrust to the back burner. Preform AV Enabler and the oQueue addons have served a huge part of the PVP community well for the past several months. This change (if intended) functionally breaks both of these addons. I think what many of us want most is an explanation. Why was this done, what was the reasoning.

However this plays out, we all know the community finds a way. When the ability to queue as more than a 5-man group was removed, we started queueing for a numbered BG. When we could no longer queue for a numbered BG, we kept on and counted. If we have to do it again, we will. We won't be happy; there will be those who quit PVP or unsub because of the pain involved. But those who remain, those who want a meaningful BG experience, those players will do what we have to do.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Yeah Bumping this because this code REALLY needs to be working correctly.
90 Night Elf Druid
Yet again, pvpers get pushed aside. We need answers right now.
Hey, Blizz, we know you're busy with the patch update and all, but GOLLY, would it be swell if you could respond to the 100+ people who have asked for your help. If the forums are not monitored, why dont you just close 'em up?

*taps foot impatiently * (note: first time use of emotes in forum for me! :D)
100 Tauren Druid
this is a big community to got form because of this addon please fix this, so that this doesnt go to waste
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yo bliz if I had a salmon right now... a salmon. A SALMON.
90 Undead Warlock
11/27/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Snotmore
but GOLLY

lol way to be polite :)
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/27/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Marcelus
this is a big community to got form because of this addon please fix this, so that this doesnt go to waste

So true. Please let us know why this script is now under closed source.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]