Elder Charms DKP and Master Loot

90 Pandaren Hunter
My cata raiding guild broke up recently after getting 4/6 MSV normal. We all knew each other really well and left it on regular blizzard looting (need before greed). Since the break I have server transfer with a couple members and been able to get a spot on 25m team. My question being though if the new team uses DKP and Master Loot system will I still be able to do extra rolls with elder charms?

Believe I found the answer : Yes

Sorry for waste of forum space.
Edited by Cårsonpalmer on 11/28/2012 8:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yes you can, but check with your raid leader/master looter about how THEY handle charm-won gear.

Make sure it doesn't count as against your dkp or count as an item won. I think most here agree it should have no bearing on dkp, but we don't speak for your personal raid leader or loot master.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Yes you can, but check with your raid leader/master looter about how THEY handle charm-won gear.

Make sure it doesn't count as against your dkp or count as an item won. I think most here agree it should have no bearing on dkp, but we don't speak for your personal raid leader or loot master.

If your new guild tells you that there is a "cost" associated with charm-won gear, I'd be very very very afraid of the other rules.....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

If your new guild tells you that there is a "cost" associated with charm-won gear, I'd be very very very afraid of the other rules.....

as would I.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
DKP? I'd leave a guild if they used that. I've not seen someone talk about DKP since WotLK and even then, people didn't like it. Shouldn't have to buy loot that you worked for.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
12/02/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Cruciarius
DKP? I'd leave a guild if they used that. I've not seen someone talk about DKP since WotLK and even then, people didn't like it. Shouldn't have to buy loot that you worked for.

To each their own.
I don't want a random or not well defined loot system where chance can assign loot to someone with less work. I also don't work at any place that the reward/pay is based on a raffle or a small group that says each time who gets paid today.
Edited by Wrathbrow on 12/2/2012 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm also a fan of DKP-like systems, and it has the extra effect in a raid guild of encouraging regular attendance.

But no way should Elder Charms have anything to do with any loot system, as your luck (or lack of luck) with charms does not change anyone else's ability to obtain loot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]