Hunter burst is OP, but not warrior?

90 Dwarf Hunter
Just got killed by a warrior. 153k dragon roar, 108k mortal strike, 109k execute. My pet was feared the entire time, and yes I did pop deterrence, didn't help much seeing as my pet was 80 yards away and double time countered all my no pet gap openers.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
108k MS would seem really high against 0 resil... If it was against the 43% your armory is showing I'd have to say there's something else going on.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Hunter burst isn't even on the radar anymore. Wars/frost mages and locks are bringing the faceroll now,enjoy getting killed in a shockwave/deep
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Blizzard's official explanation is that warrior burst is not overpowered because it is okay to global someone as punishment for not kiting the warrior permanently.

You can see how this is an example of bad mechanics from both sides. Either the warrior has no uptime - not fun for him - or he instantly kills what he touches - not fun for the recipient. Lose/lose design philosophy.
Edited by Ashin on 11/28/2012 12:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/28/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Lethargy
Hunter burst isn't even on the radar anymore. Wars/frost mages and locks are bringing the faceroll now,enjoy getting killed in a shockwave/deep

But how is he getting killed in a shockwave when Dragon's Roar is what's killing him? :iiam:
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Dragon's Roar hit (yes hit) me for 288,864 yesterday.

I'm hoping as I get better gear that dmg will go down significantly...but who am I kidding.
Reply Quote
I think there needs to be something done to differentiate damage in pvp vs pve. Their current implementation doesn't seem to be working. The solution most people have is to nerf the damage from certain warrior abilities but that would hurt the PVE aspect of the game, especially when warrior damage isn't exactly game breaking in PVE.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I think there needs to be something done to differentiate damage in pvp vs pve. Their current implementation doesn't seem to be working. The solution most people have is to nerf the damage from certain warrior abilities but that would hurt the PVE aspect of the game, especially when warrior damage isn't exactly game breaking in PVE.

I don't believe that is the best way to handle this issue. Blizzard will have to redo the whole game against if this was ever to be implemented. I think the best way to do this is to balance the game is to scale spells with gear better. At the moment I don't think they have done a good job doing this in the games current state.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Dragon's Roar hit (yes hit) me for 288,864 yesterday.

I'm hoping as I get better gear that dmg will go down significantly...but who am I kidding.

Wow you got hit (as in a not-crit) from Dragon's Roar?

Please tell me more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/28/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Suddén

I don't believe that is the best way to handle this issue. Blizzard will have to redo the whole game against if this was ever to be implemented. I think the best way to do this is to balance the game is to scale spells with gear better. At the moment I don't think they have done a good job doing this in the games current state.

I agree. If they made Arms warriors scale better with gear, the base damage at low gear levels would be lower (and thus more balanced for PVP where gear item levels are generally low), while base damage at higher gear levels would be more competitive with other DPS specs in PVE.

But I've been on that crusade for years, and see no indication of them changing our scaling issues for the better.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
11/28/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Ngatayou
WoW's PVP is balanced if you play a mage or warrior.

Or a demo lock or an rshaman or an spriest or a bm hunter or a feral druid or a Frost DK or, ya know, pretty much any class other than Rogue and possibly Monk that has a 2700+ viable spec.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
11/28/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Affx
WoW's PVP is balanced if you play a mage or warrior.

Or a demo lock or an rshaman or an spriest or a bm hunter or a feral druid or a Frost DK or, ya know, pretty much any class other than Rogue and possibly Monk that has a 2700+ viable spec.

You can safely remove BM hunters from that list
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

Any spec with CC less than 1m, or multiple CCs hardcounters BM hunters right now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/28/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Crowingzero
108k MS would seem really high against 0 resil... If it was against the 43% your armory is showing I'd have to say there's something else going on.

i was crit for 140k MS last patch in WSG. not a common thing but it happens. also been crit with 220k chaos waves and 180k frostbombs.
Edited by Leelasmonk on 11/28/2012 4:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
11/28/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Neruse
Any spec with CC less than 1m, or multiple CCs hardcounters BM hunters right now.

I don't think you know what hardcounter means :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Wanna tone down warrior burst but keep sustained pressure viable. Stagger the CD stacking. Banner/Reck/Trink/Avatar (are you guys still taking that after the nerf?), is gonna hit hard no matter how you slice it.

As a hunter though, you have what. Tranq for the enrage. Scatter, frost trap, the disengage snare if you take it, deterrence, readiness to reset and concussive snare. Using the CC you're given would help tremendously in these situations.

If they take brostorm, why aren't you using a bird for disarm, and if not that, why not the spider for the extra root? I'm no hunter expert, but is it just assumed that you'll be using a spirit beast or other exotic at all times? Being able to see the comp before you walk out the gate lets you plan ahead for that warrior one shot macro, and pet choice, it would seem to me, would also factor into that decision making process.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
The fact that they increased PVP power without increasing resillience is also a bit broken. I'm almost equal in my power and resil, having around 58% resil and 52% power with double trinkets, which will only jump more when I get my 2 pieces this week. The fact is, PVP power almost completely gets rid of the mitigation for resillience, basically we're all running around in PVE gear with the PVP power scaling.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/28/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Secondwind

But how is he getting killed in a shockwave when Dragon's Roar is what's killing him? :iiam:
Funny that the subpar talent does 150k damage. That actually seems kind of low for a dragon roar now that I think about it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]