The Spirit Trap

78 Undead Warrior
Seriously, I had to look this quest up just because I dont recall any sort of quest that almost made me wish I needed a group.

What the heck is so bad about this quest? I've done it and wouldn't even rank it as anything worthy of CD's on. Maybe I'm just forgetting something, but it just seemed your standard "blow up X then clean up Y after" things.

Reading the comments...obviously I'm forgetting something.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
This quest is probably a lot easier for certain class and specs. The adds are a pain in the butt.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This quest is horrible. I have done one spirit trap by myself using an exploit of a bug (the spirits don't seem to like water) but its nigh impossible to do as a feral druid (by yourself) in other conditions if you wish to complete it within the specified description, as "in a day". I enjoy reading the comments of the "having no trouble whats wrong with you"; nothing is wrong with not being able to solo a daily with your particular class or spec, we are all not proffesional gamers, (some of us realise its a game and not a profession) but it might be hard for others, like myself, who don't want to die trying to finish a quest over and over again. So I want to thank those people, who, like myself have tried, and tried and failed and were brave enough to post up a concern about this daily. End Rant.
Edited by Kitarakae on 12/10/2012 9:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
As an elemental shaman, I have top say this is almost impossible for me. I might almost make it blowing every cooldown I have, getting spirit buffs etc. But then I'll get a linked pair add and poof.

The entire cave sucks for elemental shaman, even for a draenei with the added healing racial. I need a pocket healer and a tank in here. So much in repair bills. Also thank goodness for ghost wolf, earthbind totem and frost shock.
Reply Quote
lulz

It is pretty hard, I'm just not bursty enough. Plus the area is clear, everything is hunkydory - and suddenly two pairs of giant mogu thing spawn a yard away and notice me trying to kill a crystal before the ghosties kill me.

And because, like all Gnomes, I am insane - I do this flagged, even though I'm on a PvE server. That way, a friendly enemy player can see me getting slaughtered and get in a few hits of their own, so I can gift them with an easy honor kill.

All that said, DON'T NERF IT! It's about time us quest enthusiasts get to have tough targets, like dungeon and raid enthusiasts get.
Reply Quote
14 Human Paladin
doing this as a warrior is insane. the respawn rate of mobs in the area is ridiculous and you cant even kill off all the little spirit guys in time to get the trap. how is this dumb quest supposed to work?
Reply Quote
14 Human Paladin
for a warrior this quest is total crap. you cant kill enough pandas to keep the buff on and there are too many spirits to kill that you can't kill the trap. this is the dumbest set of dailies ever.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I am also having trouble with this quest.
Can we get some objective discussion on this rather than the responses?
Reply Quote
61 Pandaren Mage
Dual spec. Use it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I retried this quest with a different approach.
As a combat rogue I use blade fury and FOK.
For Melee toons I think the key to this is AOE attacks.
The adds go down easily this way.
Don't try to ignore the adds and kill the trap you will likely get overwhelmed by adds before you do.

Good Luck
Reply Quote
How hard do the adds hit?

I would just ignore them and let me DoTs do the work.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Hunter
I like to group for the caves. If nobody in my guild is on or has time I just skip the day. Not worth the hassle. In a group it's fun.

These new dailies are for the most part not MF dailies that can be facerolled by anybody. They are for some class/spec and lower ilvl a challenge at least if not just plain frustrating. Now, of course for anybody in heroic gear who is very skillful and probably raiding they are nothing.
Reply Quote
Ranged can avoid adds by attacking from max distance, melee just cleave/aoe when they start spawning.

As an ele shaman i just sit on the crystal and once i get 2 spirits on me, spam chain lightning and earthshock at 7 stacks.

Easy as pie.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock
How hard do the adds hit?

I would just ignore them and let me DoTs do the work.

Not that hard. But they do pile up fairly quickly if you don't get on with it.

But since every class has survival and damage cooldowns of some nature or another, worst case scenario is having to actually use some of them rather than let them sit idle on your action bar. That's what they're there for, after all.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Hunter
You make it sound so easy. And I can on my priest kill a spirit trap if it wasn't for all the other mobs respawning and attacking.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
This quest is horrible. I have done one spirit trap by myself using an exploit of a bug (the spirits don't seem to like water) but its nigh impossible to do as a feral druid (by yourself)

I can't agree. I've killed them every time- I just switch on all cooldowns and bulldoze the crystal before it gets too dangerous. From there, you can work on other quests while your cooldowns recuperate.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]