Dear Bizzard, save all of us

90 Human Rogue
I don't even know where to start with this. I think the best way to put this is.... SAVE US (rogues) I don't like to PvE and i know that.. well i have heard that rogue's are GREAT in DPS. I can't even get in a RBG or even get a arena team together because i am a rogue! I have a warrior and every team that i have faced that has a rogue ends up, getting DESTROYED by us. i really do NOT know what to do anymore with my rogue... any other rogue feel or have the same problem as me? or am i just being a cry baby and need to learn how to play my rogue?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
11/28/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Toasty
I don't even know where to start with this. I think the best way to put this is.... SAVE US (rogues) I don't like to PvE and i know that.. well i have heard that rogue's are GREAT in DPS. I can't even get in a RBG or even get a arena team together because i am a rogue! I have a warrior and every team that i have faced that has a rogue ends up, getting DESTROYED by us. i really do NOT know what to do anymore with my rogue... any other rogue feel or have the same problem as me? or am i just being a cry baby and need to learn how to play my rogue?

Honestly, if an RBG team doesnt take a rogue you shouldnt run with them, we bring a lot of utility. Having the EFC get murdered by all of the DPS popping out of nowhere is hilarious. Smoke Bomb is still amazing. Now with the new blind changes we can get a full blind off before their trinket comes off CD.
Edited by Hassen on 11/28/2012 10:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
11/28/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Toasty
I don't like to PvE and i know that.

reroll then. not even kidding. just put your rogue on the back burner until a later date at which point i'm sure they'll become at least...average.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
11/28/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Hassen

Honestly, if an RBG team doesnt take a rogue you shouldnt run with them, we bring a lot of utility. Having the EFC get murdered by all of the DPS popping out of nowhere is hilarious. Smoke Bomb is still amazing. Now with the new blind changes we can get a full blind off before their trinket comes off CD.

Or ninja capping.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
i think the only good thing is the ninja cap, besides that we are pretty useless...
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
11/28/2012 10:15 PMPosted by Deathweaver
I don't like to PvE and i know that.

reroll then. not even kidding. just put your rogue on the back burner until a later date at which point i'm sure they'll become at least...average.

I think i am going to do that tbh.. its a damn shame, i loved playing rogue until MOP ='(
Reply Quote
8 Worgen Rogue
Dump Your Rogue. I use my lvl 90 Horde Rogue for Farming herbs only. Rogues who que for random battlegrounds are a drain on the other players. They are a liability in any bg. and can only help toward a defeat for your fellow players.

They are not only the weakest class, they are by far the weakest of weak. When I respond to other players in Gen chat asking for 2's or more for Arena they politely decline their invitation when they find out I'm a Rogue.

I'm not the only one saying this. Other Rogues who are at the top of their game tell me even they are barely making it. These are the cream of the crop who are about 3 times better than me.

I was in a bg several nights ago and saw a mounted Alli Priest. I hit him from Stealth with everything I had. He remained mounted and let me throw stab after stab blowing all my cd's
I thought he must have been afk for the moment since he wasn't fighting back or dismounting but then I looked at his health bar and saw he was merely regenerating his health as I hit him. His health was at about at 90%

He allowed this to go on for about 30 seconds as I kept my dps going.
He emoted laughter to me, dismounted and killed me in about 3 or 4 quick moves. It was embarrassing.

Like I say Dump your Rogue or use it as a Farmer or Miner. Try and warn low lvl Rogues not to continue leveling. You will save them from wasting a huge amount of time leveling for a class that's not going to get better with time.

Blizz isn't listening. Many Rogues have been voicing these concerns for several weeks now and you saw what happened with their new patch yesterday. Next to nothing was done to repair whatever it was they did to this Thing they continue to call a Rogue Class.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
11/28/2012 10:56 PMPosted by Rugy
stab after stab blowing all my cd's

His health was at about at 90%

killed me in about 3 or 4 quick moves.

Assuming this isn't a hyperbole (lol), either you're in terrible PvE gear - or you're in no gear at all - and they're in full PvP gear, and/or you're just a terrible, terrible rogue. Failure to use cloak, failure to vanish, failure to use trinket, failure to prep (if you have it), and by that description, probably failure to equip anything stronger than the starter dagger and get behind the target. Those are just things off the top of my head. Not saying we're in the most amazing of positions in the PvP field, but we aren't as pathetic as you are trying to make us out to be.

A well played rogue in a group environment isn't about 2 - 3 shotting things, it's about control of the field. Your group in a big melee and you have that one healer in the back keeping them alive? Sit on him and laugh as he tries to effectively heal with our plethora of interrupts and other CC. Flag left unattended? Sap and Cap. Your healer about to die? Lock down his attacker to buy your healer time to recover. We're not designed as a class to blow stuff up all the time, we're designed to directly hinder our opponents efforts to blow up anything else.

As an aside, don't tell someone to not level their rogues. Tell them that they perhaps don't perform as well as other classes (which we don't). Your definition of fun seems to be being able to put out the raw numbers on demand. Other people, like myself, rather enjoy the control a rogue affords, and the fact that I CAN ninja cap that flag, or lock down that healer for just long enough for the tide of battle to turn. Your definition of fun is different than mine, but it doesn't make yours any more or less wrong than mine is. Play what you like, like what you play, you won't have fun in this game if you don't.
Edited by Tichar on 11/29/2012 3:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
8 Worgen Rogue
Hi Tichar As it turns out you're correct I realized later after the bg that I was in PVE gear. lol I was at a quartermaster looking at the stuff when bg called and hit enter battle. I guess I should have put that part into the story.

I actually am not that great at Rogue but in Cata I could at least kill a couple of players every few bgs. In MoP I haven't killed any.

The incident I described was a fluke, I just happened to come across this Priest and no one else was around. I usually never kill anyone afk and I assumed this person was, so since bgs have been going so bad for me lately I figured it might be a good opportunity to get a kill and help the team by taking down a healer.

The Fluke part is that he let me open up on him without fighting back. When I said blow my cd's I meant that after my initial assault attack I started chopping away and hit Shadowblades, then a couple of quick shiv's or whatever looked good at the moment, I then went into Shadowdance then Backstab and kept going. That's about the time I realized his health bar was barely moving, it would go down a few points then pop back up to full health. I have a feeling he was feeling confident enough with his class to just sit back and experiment with a Rogues hits in order to see what they do to a Priests health.

True I got killed quicker in my PvE gear but in my PvP gear which isnt that bad I would have lived maybe 4 seconds longer. I 'm pretty sure I tried to use vanish but I think he had used something on me that kept me from doing that. I don't know what priests use. Either that or I died too quick to use it. It was a quick take down. I get that a lot in PvP gear also but it usually takes them a few more swings.

Many people have gone into Dungeons and bgs with the wrong gear sometimes, Mistakes happen to us all. But there is still a certain amount of damage output in either gear and I should have seen something on this player. My PvP gear is better of course but even when wearing that, my dps is only slightly improved.

All I'm saying is that a player like myself who worked hard to get to lvl 90 should not now be expected to be a excellent performer in order to kill a player in bg. If I was able to kill in bgs from time to time since BC. then I should be able to do it in this expansion.

So are you saying that you have noticed no difference in your performance since MoP? If so then I would have to surmise that you are either a very excellent player, or that you are delusional, or are a person that cannot admit the truth about what's happened in MoP.

I know the politically correct thing is to not criticize WoW for their blunder and sit back and hope that they do something about it. But I'm past that. This is not a whine, this is a statement made on my observations from experience with bgs from the other expansions.

I've been taking screen shots of the bg Scoreboards when the battle ends so I can study them later at leisure and there are some disturbing things I've been noticing.
First of all fewer Rogues are going into bgs anymore. Another thing is that they are generally the lower players in score. They have the most deaths. They also have very few if any kills.

I'm now beginning to see from these screenshot Score boards which I've saved in order to compare: That there is a tendency toward defeat for whichever faction has the highest number of Rogues in the large bgs like Alteric valley. I am going to keep tracking these Scoreboards and I wonder if Blizz has been smart enough to even do something like this as part of quality control of their game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]