90 Blood Elf Monk
So....What drops at the guild fights.
Reply Quote
29 Human Mage
Half second of searching:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=207493/5-1-ptr-brawlers-guild-preview
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
that's it...? no transmog stuff no blues or anything cool looking? That's all?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I want the Clock'em pet :>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
one heirloom and that's it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
May that's true but considering the hype of the brawler's guild and How hard and pricey invitation are was expecting more for from it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Why the hell are people so excited about this?

Killing a npc for nothing?

Yay. Let me spend all my money.
Edited by Serendipíty on 11/29/2012 12:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
First rule of Brawlers guild, is no talking about brawlers guild loot.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
It is insanely fun, when your turn finally comes around.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
This feature isn't about character advancement. It's mostly about hanging out with other players and doing something other than getting richer or stronger.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/29/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Ngatayou
if something is fun, does it always have to shower you with rewards?

LOL.

Actually yeah, it does. It's part of what makes playing a game cool.

And mogs, mounts, and cheevs are cool for about 3 minutes.

"Cool... I Just got Ashes of Al'ar?"
"Wow dude nice!...So.. thats it? Mount and an achieve?"
"Yah?"
"Wow... what a crappy mount."

Personally.. I cant wait for my turn. But the rewards mean differently to the MILLIONS of different players. So the above conversation is probably something you have when you run TK an ungodly amount of times for a mount and such.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/29/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Sanctifiêd
if something is fun, does it always have to shower you with rewards?

This is a relevant question. We want the feature to be cool, flavorful, and prestigious on its own merits. As soon as we start tying awesome rewards to it, all the threads misusing phrases like "forced content" and "shoved down our throats" would start popping up for Brawler's Guild.

There are so many elements of gameplay that unlock pathways to flavor, prestige, and power rewards, to the extent that they're often viewed as mandatory by the experienced player who needs every edge or bit of bragging rights.

LMAO!

You guys expect far too much from Blizzard..

LMAO!!!!

If you think it's laughable, there would really be no hard feelings on our end if you decided it wasn't worth the time or effort to get in or participate in the guild. It's a niche feature that likely only a small percentage of the playerbase will ever take part in, or come back to regularly to reach higher ranks and much harder fights. Given common player perception about endgame progression and reward structures, I think we could use more minor, niche features like Brawler's Guild and Pet Battles in the game.
Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/29/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Zarhym
As soon as we start tying awesome rewards to it, all the threads misusing phrases like "forced content" and "shoved down our throats" would start popping up for Brawler's Guild.

This, a thousand times this. I agree 100%. It would just turn into one more 'omg why am I forced to do this to raid' QQ-fest.

I'm glad Brawler's Guild is just a fun/flavor thing, the game needs more of those. The things I enjoy most in WoW are usually the ones that do nothing to increase my 'player power'. Transmog runs, taming elusive rares, etc etc.
Edited by Jaecelynn on 11/29/2012 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Someones having a bad day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]