brawler's guild loot.

88 Human Rogue
11/29/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Jaecelynn
As soon as we start tying awesome rewards to it, all the threads misusing phrases like "forced content" and "shoved down our throats" would start popping up for Brawler's Guild.

This, a thousand times this. I agree 100%. It would just turn into one more 'omg why am I forced to do this to raid' QQ-fest.

I'm glad Brawler's Guild is just a fun/flavor thing, the game needs more of those. The things I enjoy most in WoW are usually the ones that do nothing to increase my 'player power'. Transmog runs, taming elusive rares, etc etc.

While I do agree, I'd at least like fun vanity items (like toys), to mess around with, constant greys does kinda seem like a lame reward for downing powerful foes. I 100% agree as well people would go, "OMG only the rich get invited and access to gear I can't get!!!", adding fun vanity items would at least be a nice cool reward while keeping the QQers for gear out.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
Would be cool and fun if it wasn't an hour plus wait with strangers I'll never see again between fights.

Cap the x-realm zones at half of what it is right now please.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
All in all, this seems like the worst, most pointless money sink Blizzard has came up with. For it to be a major feature of a content patch is extremely disappointing.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Vox
11/29/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Ngatayou
if something is fun, does it always have to shower you with rewards?

LOL.

Actually yeah, it does. It's part of what makes playing a game cool.

This mentality is everything that is wrong with the player base.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
11/29/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Zarhym
I think we could use more minor, niche features like Brawler's Guild and Pet Battles in the game.

pet battles are not niche... they are AWESOME!!1!

the only things I have to complain about them are:

• there isn't a dryad pet;
  • there isn't a succubus pet;
  • there isn't a shivarra pet;
  • there isn't a felguard pet;
  • there isn't a felhunter pet;
  • there isn't a spirit healer pet;
  • there isn't a val'kyr pet;
  • there isn't a naga sea witch pet;

• but back to the brawler's guild: I hope the feature ends up rather unpopular, because I'm gonna be making full use of it (as soon as I get an invitation :( ) and I don't want people throwing rotten fruit on me while I'm brawling lol
    Edited by Mdarkskull on 11/29/2012 1:50 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    11/29/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Zarhym
    It's a niche feature that likely only a small percentage of the playerbase will ever take part in, or come back to regularly to reach higher ranks and much harder fights. Given common player perception about endgame progression and reward structures, I think we could use more minor, niche features like Brawler's Guild and Pet Battles in the game.

...or you could improve the others that are in horrible shape. Perhaps even give Druids more than two racial choices per faction. I do see what you are doing, I am not sure it will have the effect you are hoping it does.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    My thing with this is, if these are the only rewards to get from it, what's the point of it being so damn exclusive? Why not let everyone in instead of forcing us to hunt rares or cap our gold?
    Reply Quote
    87 Draenei Shaman
    11/29/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Ngatayou
    if something is fun, does it always have to shower you with rewards?

LOL.

Actually yeah, it does. It's part of what makes playing a game cool.

And mogs, mounts, and cheevs are cool for about 3 minutes.

I can't believe you and I play the same game!
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid

Here we have a perfect example of what Blizzard has to deal with when developing their game. You think it is awesome and I think it is a waste of development time.
    Reply Quote
    100 Undead Warlock

Here we have a perfect example of what Blizzard has to deal with when developing their game. You think it is awesome and I think it is a waste of development time.

that's easy to fix. they make pet battles for me and... something else for you, since we are equally important costumers :D
    Reply Quote
    Hey Zarhym, I know you guys put a lot of fun stuff in MoP, like the puntable gnome... er marmot.
    What about stuff like that, example brazier of dancing flames, or maybe a tabard, or an elixir that you can mail to an alt that gives five percent exp, kind of like the wow anniversary gift, but totally not necessary. Just a couple ideas off the top of my head. different toys like paper airplanes, one time use etc. Stuff like you have in blingtron, but not exactly.
    It really doesnt matter to me I like stuff with fun flavor text, and keep it while I got room for it in my bags.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Priest
    I farmed up my invite because I was going to have a lot of fun doing the solo pve. When I got there I went "oh cool and it gives a few small rewards".

This game is massive, and not everything is going to be for everyone. I enjoy this part of the game a lot simply because it is fun.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    11/29/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Mdarkskull
    since we are equally important costumers :D

I am a Balance Druid, they have excluded me from costumes.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Death Knight

Then maybe you'd like to see the blue post made a while back where it was stated not doing the pet battles wouldn't suddenly put more development into other parts of the game.

We where either getting pet battles or not, and we would still be getting the exact same amount of everything else.

Sure you might not think it's fun, but it's most definitely not a waste of development time, even if the resources could be used on something else. If that was the case then raids would be the biggest waste of development time in the game just because so few people do them.
    Edited by Zatheyll on 11/29/2012 2:03 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    100 Undead Warlock
    11/29/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Layuth
    since we are equally important costumers :D

I am a Balance Druid, they have excluded me from costumes.

ok, so pet battles for me and nothing for you, since you don't have a costume :3
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Priest
    That better be the funnest 150 seconds anyone has ever had in a game to warrant the hour+ waits people need to sit doing nothing through to get to it.
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Druid
    11/29/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Thanë
    That better be the funnest 150 seconds anyone has ever had in a game to warrant the hour+ waits people need to sit doing nothing through to get to it.

why do you have an added 0 for no reason there? it takes like 15seconds of cd's to do the early ones and then you sit. and sit. and sit, oh and you cant leave or do anything else so you sit there even more.
    its fun and a great thing, but its timers are horrid
    Reply Quote
    93 Worgen Priest
    The Brawlers Guild is a very neat idea that is almost completely ruined by being cross server. Two days into it, and my fight queues were upwards of 45 minutes. What could have been an interesting feature to pull individual server communities together has just become another muddled mess full of strangers, and excessive queue times that are only going to get worse. There's no good reason what-so-ever to not have more vanity rewards at the very least. Transmog sets/weapons would be a good start. It's a feature you already sought out to expand upon in MoP. They're entirely cosmetic, so they wouldn't feel mandatory, and that way we could at least feel like the time we wasted in queue was WORTH something.

And please do spare me the traditional "if you don't like it, you don't have to play it!" response. I've been seeing that far too often from the blues lately, and I think they seem to be missing the point. I've been playing this game for well over 7 years now, give or take. My /played is a horror story I shudder to think about. The Brawlers Guild is a feature I could really see myself enjoying, but with the queues currently reaching closer and closer to an hour a pop, the time I'm wasting in there is something that could really start taking its toll. A little vanity reward for time spent isn't really that much to ask for.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Priest
    "guys were sick of making content that only a small % of the player base will see. so heres LFR and heoric modes"

"It's a niche feature that likely only a small percentage of the playerbase will ever take part in"
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]