brawler's guild loot.

90 Blood Elf Warrior
11/29/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Zarhym
if something is fun, does it always have to shower you with rewards?

This is a relevant question. We want the feature to be cool, flavorful, and prestigious on its own merits. As soon as we start tying awesome rewards to it, all the threads misusing phrases like "forced content" and "shoved down our throats" would start popping up for Brawler's Guild.

There are so many elements of gameplay that unlock pathways to flavor, prestige, and power rewards, to the extent that they're often viewed as mandatory by the experienced player who needs every edge or bit of bragging rights.

LMAO!

You guys expect far too much from Blizzard..

LMAO!!!!

If you think it's laughable, there would really be no hard feelings on our end if you decided it wasn't worth the time or effort to get in or participate in the guild. It's a niche feature that likely only a small percentage of the playerbase will ever take part in, or come back to regularly to reach higher ranks and much harder fights. Given common player perception about endgame progression and reward structures, I think we could use more minor, niche features like Brawler's Guild and Pet Battles in the game.
Do you plan to expand Brawler's guild any? like new ranks, rewards, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I farmed up my invite because I was going to have a lot of fun doing the solo pve. When I got there I went "oh cool and it gives a few small rewards".

This game is massive, and not everything is going to be for everyone. I enjoy this part of the game a lot simply because it is fun.

You "farmed up your invite"? How?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Why the hell are people so excited about this?

Killing a npc for nothing?

Yay. Let me spend all my money.

Pretty much my thought process as well. No wait, I'm reading it's about the "prestige". Changed my mind, let me in there (not really)!
Reply Quote
I farmed up my invite because I was going to have a lot of fun doing the solo pve. When I got there I went "oh cool and it gives a few small rewards".

This game is massive, and not everything is going to be for everyone. I enjoy this part of the game a lot simply because it is fun.

new rares give out invites so you don't have to buy from BMAH
Reply Quote

This is a relevant question. We want the feature to be cool, flavorful, and prestigious on its own merits. As soon as we start tying awesome rewards to it, all the threads misusing phrases like "forced content" and "shoved down our throats" would start popping up for Brawler's Guild.

you cannot start saying that now, since you been doing it since mop came out,Also how can you release a new faction you have to grind xp for rewards and the guild at the same time then try to use that excuse?Is it becuase people do it for fun that they cannot get rewards? or can we only get rewards by the boring stufff nobody likes to do (daily quest)?
Edited by Raw on 11/29/2012 3:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Why the hell are people so excited about this?

Killing a npc for nothing?

Yay. Let me spend all my money.

Pretty much my thought process as well. No wait, I'm reading it's about the "prestige". Changed my mind, let me in there (not really)!

Isn't that the point of the entire damnable game?

You kill an NPC. You some loot. That loot gets replaced. You kill another NPC. You get more loot. That loot gets replaced.

Are you seeing the pattern?

People play games for fun. Or at least, they should.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

new rares give out invites so you don't have to buy from BMAH

Oh I see. Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Oh no. How dare someone want to try something for fun and not for loot.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I don't mind the Guild being hardcore or niche, myself, but I'd love to be able to access the BoA fist weapon.

I find it somewhat odd that an heirloom weapon of a type until now unavailable that stops at level 80 like every other heirloom weapon (which are freely available to anyone via JP vendors/Champion Seals) is only accessible via a hardcore niche feature, where the people who access it would probably not really have too many alts.

I'm fine with Guild-only loot and the like, but to me this seems like putting a smelting recipe in an Arena.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I wasn't planning on doing Brawler's Guild but prior launch I really thought WoW needed something like this and had high hopes. The actual implementation is one of the biggest let downs in recent WoW history.

Although it stays with the whole BlizzActivision routine of only putting in mediocre work into things.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I don't mind the Guild being hardcore or niche, myself, but I'd love to be able to access the BoA fist weapon.

I wish this had come out, and I'd gotten it before my Monk (and 11th) character hit 80.

:(
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
It's a niche feature that likely only a small percentage of the playerbase will ever take part in, or come back to regularly to reach higher ranks and much harder fights.

If people don't come back to it, it's solely because Blizzard designed it to purposefully turn people off from the idea of doing so. I don't know why the dev team insists on doing this to oft asked for and popular features, but they seem to take some gleeful pleasure in playing "corrupt a wish" with content or features that they feel blackballed into putting in game.

They did it with the barbar shop. They did it with transmog. They did it with scenarios. And now, unsurprisingly, they've done it to the solo content that everyone's been begging for longer than even I've been on the bloody forums.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Why put a time limit on battles? Means a tank or healer can't fight in them and are forced to go out of their spec and get gear for a class/spec they don't like.
Reply Quote
57 Pandaren Monk
11/29/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Jaecelynn
As soon as we start tying awesome rewards to it, all the threads misusing phrases like "forced content" and "shoved down our throats" would start popping up for Brawler's Guild.

This, a thousand times this. I agree 100%. It would just turn into one more 'omg why am I forced to do this to raid' QQ-fest.

I'm glad Brawler's Guild is just a fun/flavor thing, the game needs more of those. The things I enjoy most in WoW are usually the ones that do nothing to increase my 'player power'. Transmog runs, taming elusive rares, etc etc.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/30/2012 03:54 AMPosted by Bomdanil
It's a niche feature that likely only a small percentage of the playerbase will ever take part in, or come back to regularly to reach higher ranks and much harder fights.

If people don't come back to it, it's solely because Blizzard designed it to purposefully turn people off from the idea of doing so. I don't know why the dev team insists on doing this to oft asked for and popular features, but they seem to take some gleeful pleasure in playing "corrupt a wish" with content or features that they feel blackballed into putting in game.

They did it with the barbar shop. They did it with transmog. They did it with scenarios. And now, unsurprisingly, they've done it to the solo content that everyone's been begging for longer than even I've been on the bloody forums.

This ties into the whole "feedback" thing that has been so popular lately. We give them constructive feedback on the kinds of things we would like implemented into WoW; they sift through it and choose the one thing that most people care less about, then they half !@# implement it and get upset when we say they don't listen to feedback.
Reply Quote
if something is fun, does it always have to shower you with rewards?

There are so many elements of gameplay that unlock pathways to flavor, prestige, and power rewards, to the extent that they're often viewed as mandatory by the experienced player who needs every edge or bit of bragging rights.

I'm on the 2nd boss on my way to rank 8 and I have to say THANK YOU to Blizzard for not adding super rewards for this feature. It's fun. It's optional. It's super friggin' fun, holy crap. Please do not ever attach epics or trinkets or whatever to Brawl Club.

I enjoy doing this just for the sake of doing it and challenging myself as a player. This is a fantastic stance on this sort of thing.

Edit: Okay so for those complaining about the cost, yeah they're expensive on the BMAH but I got my invitation off a rare spawn in Domination Point. All 3 of the rares take about an hour to respawn, so they're fairly farmable. Take some friends. This is how it's done if you don't have the gold to compete with the super-farmers on the BMAH, and it's not really up to Blizzard to regulate how much players bid on items. The worth of the invitation varies from person to person.

I'm okay with there not being a whole slew of rewards. More flavor items would be awesome of course (gear comes and goes, but toys are forever), it's not a huge deal though.

I agree with every single person saying this needs to be taken off of the cross realm zone list. Doing this last night everyone had some very long wait times between turns. I admit it was kind of nice to form a buff group with new people from Lightninghoof or Twisting-Nether, chat with them, joke around, strategize.. But really, this is a great opportunity to promote SERVER community. I got to make some new friends on my server, where it actually counts because of this club and I really think that should be the focus of it. I'm on my server for a reason, and I want to socialize with people on my server.

CRZ is great for dead zones like Winterspring or Ashenvale, but stuff like this? No friggin' way. Turn it off please.

:)
Edited by Jinthiel on 11/30/2012 6:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
11 Troll Hunter
I like how they wasted developer time and resources on a feature that so few will get to participate in. Im guessing they are un-learning the lessons from Naxxramas 1.0 and sunwell. Why not get rid of LFR and Normal mode in raids next if you want to pursue this philosophy?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]