brawler's guild loot.

100 Draenei Death Knight
11/28/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Fatestrike
So....What drops at the guild fights.

Blood. Sweat. Tears.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
11/29/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Zarhym
if something is fun, does it always have to shower you with rewards?

This is a relevant question. We want the feature to be cool, flavorful, and prestigious on its own merits. As soon as we start tying awesome rewards to it, all the threads misusing phrases like "forced content" and "shoved down our throats" would start popping up for Brawler's Guild.

There are so many elements of gameplay that unlock pathways to flavor, prestige, and power rewards, to the extent that they're often viewed as mandatory by the experienced player who needs every edge or bit of bragging rights.

Would it be so hard to have purely fun stuff that wouldn't be considered "required?"
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Druid
We want the feature to be cool, flavorful, and prestigious on its own merits.

Shame you guys didn't take the same approach with dailies.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
This is a relevant question. We want the feature to be cool, flavorful, and prestigious on its own merits. As soon as we start tying awesome rewards to it, all the threads misusing phrases like "forced content" and "shoved down our throats" would start popping up for Brawler's Guild.

Huh. Criticism of one issue makes you defensive on a different, unrelated issue.

FWIW, I agree brawlers guild shouldn't have real rewards tied to it. I like the current model where it's similar to pet battles. Interesting diversion but divorced from character advancement. WoW needs stuff like that IMO. Not everything has to lead to gear, mounts, etc.

I just think that (most) dailies weren't very fun on their own merits.

I haven't tried Brawer's Guild yet but it's an interesting feature. It kind of reminds me of Lorewalker rep; something very different that is a neat idea and we'll see how it goes.
Edited by Cylarana on 11/30/2012 12:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
If this is the case why wasnt 2v2/3v3 random select skirmishes put back in the game? a small community also used this and there was no rewards in using it just good practice?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I joined the Brawler's guild to try some challenging fights. When I paid a ton of money on the BMAH I never did it for loot, heck I never even looked up what we could get. The only real appeal to it is the challenge if you enjoy the kinda stuff, which I know a lot of players do. If that's not your kinda thing it's definitely not worth the time or the gold. Minus the 2 hour wait times I think it's a ton of fun.
Edited by Shrilla on 11/30/2012 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

There are so many elements of gameplay that unlock pathways to flavor, prestige, and power rewards, to the extent that they're often viewed as mandatory by the experienced player who needs every edge or bit of bragging rights.

LMAO!

You guys expect far too much from Blizzard..

LMAO!!!!

If you think it's laughable, there would really be no hard feelings on our end if you decided it wasn't worth the time or effort to get in or participate in the guild. It's a niche feature that likely only a small percentage of the playerbase will ever take part in, or come back to regularly to reach higher ranks and much harder fights. Given common player perception about endgame progression and reward structures, I think we could use more minor, niche features like Brawler's Guild and Pet Battles in the game.

this entire post just screamed.. well if you think if dont like it leave lol. good idea.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
11/30/2012 06:45 AMPosted by Jinthiel

I'm on the 2nd boss on my way to rank 8 and I have to say THANK YOU to Blizzard for not adding super rewards for this feature. It's fun. It's optional. It's super friggin' fun, holy crap. Please do not ever attach epics or trinkets or whatever to Brawl Club.

I enjoy doing this just for the sake of doing it and challenging myself as a player. This is a fantastic stance on this sort of thing.

Edit: Okay so for those complaining about the cost, yeah they're expensive on the BMAH but I got my invitation off a rare spawn in Domination Point. All 3 of the rares take about an hour to respawn, so they're fairly farmable. Take some friends. This is how it's done if you don't have the gold to compete with the super-farmers on the BMAH, and it's not really up to Blizzard to regulate how much players bid on items. The worth of the invitation varies from person to person.

I'm okay with there not being a whole slew of rewards. More flavor items would be awesome of course (gear comes and goes, but toys are forever), it's not a huge deal though.

I agree with every single person saying this needs to be taken off of the cross realm zone list. Doing this last night everyone had some very long wait times between turns. I admit it was kind of nice to form a buff group with new people from Lightninghoof or Twisting-Nether, chat with them, joke around, strategize.. But really, this is a great opportunity to promote SERVER community. I got to make some new friends on my server, where it actually counts because of this club and I really think that should be the focus of it. I'm on my server for a reason, and I want to socialize with people on my server.

CRZ is great for dead zones like Winterspring or Ashenvale, but stuff like this? No friggin' way. Turn it off please.

:)

This right there with you on the second boss on the way to rank 8. Shined my light on the ghost showed him feared and bam, I get meleed to death. Buit anyways thats another issue altogether. Thanks to CRZ it will be another two hours or more to get another shot at him. How is that enjoyable? These past two days I haven't been able to do anything else in game because of the CRZ and high queue times. I guess this is what you aimed to do all along, make us play more. People will eventually get fed up with this model you are shoving down our throats with this expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
While I do want to participate even with no loots attached to it, fun stuff like Puntable Marmot (thats awesome) or even some vanity armor would do wonders for ppl to join in. Cool itens don't feel forced. Now dailies and valor armors feel it because it gives us an edge in raids. That's all.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/29/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Sanctifiêd

Sitting there doing nothing for an hour is fun?

News to me.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
11/30/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Heretocide

News to me.
to all the people who attend spectator events year round, yes it is...

you are not one of them, that's all
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Would be cool if a transmog set like Gold modes was put in for the Brawlers guild, Some type of Gladiator look-a-like set?

http://godsofart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/GLORY___by_adonihs.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

News to me.

Nope. I'm not. If I wanted to spectate, I'd go to an arena and spectate. Not sit for an hour waiting while watching idiots troll each other in chat. This is poorly designed, and encourages poor sportsmanship.
Edited by Heretocide on 11/30/2012 1:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i think this forum is getting way off topic. the point here is that the brawler's Guild is not meant to be something to give the player an advantage as far as boosting iL, stats, gear, VP,JP and the PvP equal. its meant for a fun side track. exactly liek pet battles which someone mentioned earlier. The point is to get away from, raiding, PvP, dailies, the endless "must face smash, must be the best, must rage face everything till good!" and let you calm the hell down, pull back the reigns, kill something just to kill something. theres lots of competitiveness to be had here for those of you that need an ego stroke. its not all come in roll over the boss go about your day. some of them actually take a decent amount of skill. and if it is just about gold for you, hit rank 7 and sell ur pass. on my server there going for 80-100k in the end its simple, this isnt going to be for everyone, its not ment to be, if you dont wanna do it, then dont do it, stop crying like a little girl and go do something in the game you do enjoy then.

Love,
~Jeebus
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'd like to see a freaken SHIELD heirloom item as well as an off-hand heirloom fist weapon. Also new Transmog sets. BGuild Rewards.
Reply Quote
95 Draenei Shaman
11/28/2012 11:54 PMPosted by Fatestrike
one heirloom and that's it.

And it only is good till L80.

Blizzard totally lost it lately. The hierloom shouldve been good till 90 or even at least upgradable to 85 through a quest or something! No instead they toss out items that will be garbage after a certain level and while you are still gaining levels afterwards.
Reply Quote

Nope. I'm not. If I wanted to spectate, I'd go to an arena and spectate. Not sit for an hour waiting while watching idiots troll each other in chat. This is poorly designed, and encourages poor sportsmanship.

Ha! This entire game encourages poor sportsmanship. Heck, the entire internet encourages it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]