Alliance Supremacy Buff vs Horde Supremacy

90 Tauren Paladin
Its very simple simple bug.

In Karasang Wilds there are PvP objective towers. You control it, you get a %damage and %health buff.

Well, the Alliance get 15% and the Horde get 5%.

One of these things is not balanced to the other.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
On my realm the alliance get 25% and the Horde get 1% regardless of which tower is held. Their hired guards also have in excess of 3 million HP, while horde hired guards have just 75k HP. Glad to see someone else noticed this as well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
11/29/2012 12:48 AMPosted by Slaashr
On my realm the alliance get 25% and the Horde get 1% regardless of which tower is held. Their hired guards also have in excess of 3 million HP, while horde hired guards have just 75k HP. Glad to see someone else noticed this as well.
^ what this guy said
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Exactly as mentioned before, the Horde has a major disadvantage against the Alliance. This needs to be fixed right away.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Just watched as their buff went up to 17% while Horde went down to 4%. Theres maybe three people wandering around doing things horde side and at least 4 on the Alliance capping pvp objectives, farming, and killing rare spawns.

Its just as bad on a server where there are more Alliance Than Horde. With 6% buff to Horde and 15% Buff to Alliance. The server this character plays on.

On my PvP server, Zuluhed, there are more Horde, but more Alliance are Level 90.
Edited by Kurokire on 11/29/2012 3:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
My server it's opposite, Horde get 25% and Alliance only get 1%
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm just glad Blizzard didn't learn Tenacity was a dumb idea from that whole Wintergrasp experience. >.>

AND!!!!!!!!! Don't even get me started on our useless POS flak cannons.
Edited by Tanooki on 11/30/2012 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm pretty confident this is not connected to tenacity. Tenacity was about population, and from all the accounts I've seen, this buff is not.

I really want to know what it IS connected to. Is it based on a rewards system that measures somehow when a faction is kicking the other faction's !@#? Because if it is, this isn't a bug, and I'm actually quite happy with it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I would certainly hope its not linked to tenacity as PvP in this area is not compulsory and only comprises a portion of the zone and its questlines at that. When my support ticket on the matter was finally answered I was instructed by the GM to use the in game support feature to file a bug report on it. I would suggest you all do as well.

And yes our flack cannons are quite bad, they do nothing to dismount or even cause injury, and we are still missing a wyvern fleet similar to the gryphon fleet over the alliance base. Last but not least don't forget our guards only having 75k Health (at least on my realm) vs the Alliance at over 3 million. I'm not looking for nerfs, just equal footing for both sides.

Edit: @ Urivial: I don't think it switches based on who's getting stomped. If it did the 5 allies that continue to stand in the center of our base unimpeded at the early hours of the morning (in one case a DK with nearly a million HP) should have triggered some kind of shift in the strength.
Edited by Slaashr on 11/30/2012 11:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/29/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Feorchan
My server it's opposite, Horde get 25% and Alliance only get 1%

This is my experience as well. I thought perhaps it might be the tower's proximity to the main camp, but the Alliance tower is also only 1%.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm pretty confident this is not connected to tenacity. Tenacity was about population, and from all the accounts I've seen, this buff is not.

I really want to know what it IS connected to. Is it based on a rewards system that measures somehow when a faction is kicking the other faction's !@#? Because if it is, this isn't a bug, and I'm actually quite happy with it.

Of all the threads on all the forums! :P

.. But yeah as horde on my side are for some god awful reason more about PvE I'd love to know what the guard HP/supremacy buff is all about so I have some idea as to what I should be doing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Had this problem since Day 1. Thought it was tenacity but see some people with less population still have less%. I submitted a ticket in game , reported bug, posted on this forum. No respond what so ever. Apparently no body care, real cool
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Horde are slightly outnumbered on my server and the buffs are either nearly equal or the Alliance have much more. Never in favor of the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
No its not related to performance , its so far only tied to population , so you people "stomping them for hours " is nothing for you to be proud of , it just shows how much of a crutch you need

also worth noting , the faction with the larger buff seems to have their tower guards duration increased as well
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Firetree is more horde populated with it being 1 to .3 Horde to Alliance, and the tower buff is usually 25% for alliance and 1% for horde.

Don't see why it's that big an issue. Gives players who have had to deal with an underpopulated faction some compensation while doing dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It's really weird that nobody seems to have information on what controls this buff.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/30/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Baconn
Don't see why it's that big an issue. Gives players who have had to deal with an underpopulated faction some compensation while doing dailies.

I don't know about your realm, but on mine people aren't using it to compensate while doing dailys. They're using it to mob people, and in some cases one shot those doing dailys. Or since there's no air cover or repercussions for landing in the base ( For horde on my realm at least. Wyverns all missing, could be the faction with the lower buff), they're using it to camp the base all day, stomping anyone who tries to come or go and killing daily quest givers. Which still says nothing of the difference in guard HP levels. Not asking for anything but equal footing here.

Besides the underpopulated faction logic is invalid unless every member of both faction is forced to come PVP and daily in that area. Since they are not, determining what the the buff strength should be by overall server population is faulty.

Tenacity was a good idea on paper in Wrath, but a terrible, terrible idea in practice and we all know it. It shouldn't have been used then, and especially not now, and I hope this is more a bug than some backhanded attempt at reintroducing that.
Edited by Slaashr on 12/1/2012 10:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Still after a second ticket about this unable to get a precise answer... You'd think GMs would have SOME knowledge about the most recent patch. =\
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Bumping this again, GMs have not been helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The GM I had spoken to on it told me to file a bug report in game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]