Alliance Supremacy Buff vs Horde Supremacy

90 Troll Shaman
As hard as it may be to understand for us, GMs are not there as known-it-all, whenever you have an issue in game, most of the time they will look up an answer up on the forums or consult even a higher power. My suggestion for everyone who is as frustrated as I am with this current bugs is to get as many people as you can to press on the "Request Sticky" at the top of the page right under your character. Aside from that it comes down to the same thing it always does when playing WoW, be patient and suck it up cause there's not much else to do.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Would b nice to get a response and confirmation.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
Anyone know what is going on ?

Ughh Alliance on Kil'jaeden get a 25% buff and we only get 1% :-(

They ganked us all day long. Funny part is you NEVER see a corpse on their base but the horde base is full of it...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I really cant wait til they fix this, it's just ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's times like this when I see blue posts on MMO-C where they're just chatting to people about coffee or Winter's Veil then look at a thread where people just want a simple question answered that really makes me lose hope.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I wonder if this buff is based on the amount of alliance players vs. amount of horde players. Though, Alliance supremancy in this new questing is shown in more than just the buff but in alliance npcs vs. horde npcs
Edited by Kozzot on 12/3/2012 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
it is really frustrating, i've checked repeatedly on zone populations and they tend to be pretty even on KJ, usually with in 3-4 of each other. alliance still have a 25% buff and horde gets a 1% buff.

whats more the guards in the horde base don't dismount, and the guards in the alliance base do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Adding to this. It's 25% vs 1% over here, too, which is completely stupid. It would be nice if Blizzard told us what it depends on or if it really was a bug, but no word at all.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I was just there. I only got 5%. Been like this since patch.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
please fix this dumb crap.

49 horde in the zone, 41 alliance. alliance gets 25%, horde gets 1%.

horde guards do not dismount, alliance guards do, horde guards have a smaller aggro radius ( and indeed often only aggro when they've been healed by aoe heals) alliance guards will aggro from nearly 8 yards
Edited by Vladja on 12/5/2012 2:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
9 Troll Warrior

horde guards do not dismount, alliance guards do, horde guards have a smaller aggro radius ( and indeed often only aggro when they've been healed by aoe heals) alliance guards will aggro from nearly 8 yards

are you sure there are 49 horde in the zone, or more than that? the /who shows a max of 49 players

you'd want to do /who shaman krasarang
/who priest krasarang

etc. it is possible there were far, far more than 49 horde in the zone, which would explain a 25/1 imbalance
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/05/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Mightbtrolln
etc. it is possible there were far, far more than 49 horde in the zone, which would explain a 25/1 imbalance

no, there were 49 level 90 horde in the zone, i went through all the classes and came up with the same results.
or how about last night when there were 36 horde in the zone and 31 alliance.

KJ isn't some hyper unbalanced server like Illidan.

this crap is broken, blizz needs to fix our guards so they dismount, fix the zone buff, fix our flack cannons so they actually do damage, fix the aggro radius of our guards. hell fix the number of guards in the base because the npc guards in the alliance base vastly out number the ones in the horde base.

tenacity didn't work in wolk, it doesn't work now, and while some wpvp is fun and a good disruption to the monotony of dallies, seeing the other faction be given an unfair advantage with no apparent basis in reality is horrid design.
Edited by Vladja on 12/5/2012 3:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
can some1 response to this plz
just to confirm is it a bug or not thx
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I don't think that the idea is bad in concept.

It's just that 25% is a lot.
For example that's enough to make a 200k Chaos Bolt hit for 50k more.
10% is a much better number.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

are you sure there are 49 horde in the zone, or more than that? the /who shows a max of 49 players

you'd want to do /who shaman krasarang
/who priest krasarang

I did it last night on Akama. 8 Horde, four of them 90, and 7 Alliance, also four of them 90. Buff was 1% vs 23%

This is feeling more and more like it's Tenacity. Or just blatant Alliance favoritism. Normally, I hate that mindset, but the guard bugs are definitely making it stick in my mind this time.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/06/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Elfbane
This is feeling more and more like it's Tenacity. Or just blatant Alliance favoritism. Normally, I hate that mindset, but the guard bugs are definitely making it stick in my mind this time.

Indeed it is, at least the tenacity part. The hotfix notes (for Dec 5th I do believe) stated that the horde hired guards should now have as much HP as their alliance counterparts. However I've continued to note on my realm, disparities as high as 750k vs 3.9 million, along with 40 minutes of uptime per hire in one case, with no discernible reasoning except that it always favors the alliance.

The horde air cover is still non existent with the exception of flack cannons that do little or no damage and have yet to dismount a single person who didn't accidentally dismount themselves in a fit of laughter at their ineffectiveness.
Edited by Slaashr on 12/7/2012 4:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Not sure what flak cannon from horde that you guys mentioned. However, the same name damage come from the alliance air ship near Horde base ..... 4 shots me within 2 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Still no response from GMs, can't find info anywhere.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What I believe to be happening is the server looks at the amount of 90s on both factions and tries to balance out the buff/guards, can anyone confirm this? EX: Your realm is 70% horde 30% alliance(90s) and alliance get a bigger buff.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Someone should lose their job over this. No one is responding to us and I think we deserve to know when it will be fixed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]