My cancelation feedback

90 Blood Elf Paladin
The cancelation process suggested that I post my reasons for canceling my subscription here on the forums, so here you go.

The main reason I'm canceling is that as a casual PVEer and an alt-oholic, I have to deal with way too much grind. I don't like to rely on boss loot due to RNG and having to deal with loot drama. Unfortunately, the JP/VP system in MoP takes too much grind to compensate. The lack of flying until level 90 also really hurts for a player who loves flying.

Below are changes that will make me come back. With the exception of the first two, they're not in any order. Just some of these changes will be enough to make me want to come back.

- Remove level 90 flying restriction.
- Update vanilla character models for players.

- Remove limitations on transmog.
- Remove rep requirements for VP gears. However, to give a positive light on rep grinding, give discounts to VP gears for grinding rep. 25% off at revered and 50% off at exalted, for example.
- Remove Golden Lotus rep requirements for other reps.
- Increase the rep from Golden Lotus dailies to 250 per quest before commendations.
- Double JP/VP gains from all sources for the first run each day (as in 150 per, pre-MoP).
- Individualize loot drops from dungeon finder to be like raid finder... but with a higher chance of getting loot. Or heck, anything so players don't have to deal with loot drama and have a more positive experience with other players. This is a team oriented game, after all.
- Slightly increase chances of getting gears from scenarios (though 5.1 may be enough of a change... not sure since I haven't run enough to notice a difference).
- Make ToC 5-man more solo-friendly (jousting sucks).

Below are things I enjoyed about 5.0 and MoP:

- Account wide mounts.
- Majority of the specs are more fun than 4.0.
- More challenging solo contents. Love fighting the rare creatures in MoP.
- Solo contents give VP. Granted, 5 per quest is too little, but better than nothing.
- Epic feeling and well scripted solo quests. Some quests feel like solo raids.
- Scenarios give instant queues for DPS.
- More options that give something for every player; Raid finder, dungeon finder, challenge modes, casual heroics, dailies give VP, scenarios, etc.
- Inviting friends across realms to quest.
- The concept of public CRZ. It has issues but if Blizzard addresses player concerns, CRZ would be awesome.
- More compact zones, better quest placements and flow, etc. to make ground mounts feel more natural. As much as I want flying, I have to admit that in MoP, being grounded is not as terrible as it was in LK.
- BMAH. I can't play long enough for raids so the chance to get some raid mounts sounds awesome.
- Everything else.
Edited by Buffyumyum on 11/29/2012 8:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I really hope they remove the legendary transmog restriction soon. There is no reason for it. It does not make sense.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Mage
11/29/2012 05:02 AMPosted by Felocityqt
So its actually blizzards fault we have to listen to storys about how all these peoples parents didnt love them and such sob storys?

Parents didn't love them? Sob stories? You are either responding to the wrong thread or you have some serious reading comprehension issues. The OP is well within his or her right to post feedback. It was also polite and constructive.

If you don't like the thread, then here's a thought, leave.
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Mage
Ok, a lot of those things in there would be good. I don’t agree with all of it. But some would really make this game fun again. With rep really needing a boast as it just to low.. As of right now I am on a leveling spree. Cause the end game is bland. I don’t see a lot of shiny toys to play with. Thus, end game needs some really new toys.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
- Remove level 90 flying restriction.

This one's a bit of a problem this early in the expansion. If playing alts to 90 is such an issue that people feel they need to rush it, though, maybe the enjoyment of the actual levelling experience is the issue rather than trying to abbreviate it?

They've said it's being worked on. It'll take time.

Yep, this one seems like a good candidate for something they could do in the short term, and I can't really see any good reason not to do it.

- Remove rep requirements for VP gears. However, to give a positive light on rep grinding, give discounts to VP gears for grinding rep. 25% off at revered and 50% off at exalted, for example.

This one - people simply have to get used to the idea VP gear is a thing of the past. It's gone. We can't buy gear with VPs any more, it's just used to boost gear you got via RNG or to buy rep gear.

In two minds over this one. On the one hand, it seemed useful at the time to keep things gated a bit so people wouldn't get it all over with. On the other... yeah it's been a pain.

- Increase the rep from Golden Lotus dailies to 250 per quest before commendations.

If the former isn't done, I'd say yes.

- Double JP/VP gains from all sources for the first run each day.

I can see the "I can't play every day" people getting upset at this. Maybe the first seven a week?

- Individualize loot drops from dungeon finder to be like raid finder... but with a higher chance of getting loot.

:-S

We've dealt with RNG all this time. I don't see why it really needs to change now. It's too much of a core part of the game.

- Slightly increase chances of getting gears from scenarios.

Yes!

And yes :) Personally I'd go with making it easier to just melee them all on foot so a L90 can just wipe the floor with the jousters.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/29/2012 05:07 AMPosted by Eveyana
You are either responding to the wrong thread or you have some serious reading comprehension issues.
Not at all! He's just a REALLY lousy troll. lol
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Mage
11/29/2012 05:29 AMPosted by Podérek
Not at all! He's just a REALLY lousy troll. lol

Or that.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/29/2012 05:16 AMPosted by Alelsa
This one's a bit of a problem this early in the expansion. If playing alts to 90 is such an issue that people feel they need to rush it, though, maybe the enjoyment of the actual levelling experience is the issue rather than trying to abbreviate it?

Simple fix is put in another flying tomb like WotLK. You have to have a lvl 90 buy and mail it to your alts.

They've said it's being worked on. It'll take time.

They've been working on it since late Wrath. It keeps getting back burnered for other things. Seems they could have had something done in Cata since DS was the last raid and that came out in Dec'11 and MoP didn't come out until Oct'12.

This one - people simply have to get used to the idea VP gear is a thing of the past. It's gone. We can't buy gear with VPs any more, it's just used to boost gear you got via RNG or to buy rep gear.

This 1 goes back to Blizzards whole "Play the way you want to play" slogan. And yes you can buy gear with VPs still. YOu just have to grind the h3ll out of rep before you can buy anything.

We've dealt with RNG all this time. I don't see why it really needs to change now. It's too much of a core part of the game.

To a point I agree but it ends when I see DKs, hunters and rogues need rolling on int cloth or the other way around. The sense of community and responsibility for ones own actions is gone from this game, so why not put a loot system that checks class/ms before allowing someone to need roll.
Edited by Nothealingu on 11/29/2012 5:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Remove level 90 flying restriction.

As mentioned, already working on.

Blizzard has already indicated they're going to continue to evolve transmog. Cancelling won't help with that, participation will.

VP gear is optional.

Not necessary. Takes longer to farm the VP than it does to buy the items.

So everyone can be exalted in 2 weeks? Why?

- Double JP/VP gains from all sources for the first run each day.

They already do this

- Individualize loot drops from dungeon finder to be like raid finder... but with a higher chance of getting loot.

LOLWUT?

- Slightly increase chances of getting gears from scenarios.

They did this with 5.1, including adding epics to the mix

Get more friends?

It mostly sounds like all you care about is gearing up and want it to happen faster. I'm sorry, I've been frustrated as all get-out with LFR not giving me anything I need for weeks, but the game provides gear upgrades very adequately. I see no reason to increase the rate of gear acquisition, as all it will do is increase the number of complaints about having nothing to do.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

To a point I agree but it ends when I see DKs, hunters and rogues need rolling on int cloth or the other way around. The sense of community and responsibility for ones own actions is gone from this game, so why not put a loot system that checks class/ms before allowing someone to need roll.

That already exists. If you're in an LFD group where you see that happening, you need to put it in the Bug Report forum because unless it's a full guild group that should not occur.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Mage
So its actually blizzards fault we have to listen to storys about how all these peoples parents didnt love them and such sob storys?

Damn you blizz pullin a fast one on us again. I just thought these people wanted attention but it apears you bring them here.

Just let them give there feed back. And leave them alone. Got a video for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaMOcJfsksI&feature=related
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/29/2012 04:55 AMPosted by Buffyumyum
The main reason I'm canceling is that as a casual PVEer and an alt-oholic, I have to deal with way too much grind.
Many people in Cataclysm complained that there was not enough content. Blizzard dealt with that criticism by increasing the grind from everything. Blizzard went too far, the grinds are so long game play becomes painful.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
11/29/2012 04:55 AMPosted by Buffyumyum
The lack of flying until level 90 also really hurts for a player who loves flying.

I actually enjoy this limitation. It makes me explore the new land and really appreciate the beauty and hard work that went into it. 90 isn't hard to achieve and we will all be zipping over that content soon enough.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

I actually enjoy this limitation. It makes me explore the new land and really appreciate the beauty and hard work that went into it. 90 isn't hard to achieve and we will all be zipping over that content soon enough.

Yeah, I agree. I leveled a couple toons through Northrend recently without flying and I had forgotten all the cool stuff that you could see if you didn't just fly from quest giver to objective and back.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/29/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Ravenhawke

Parents didn't love them? Sob stories? You are either responding to the wrong thread or you have some serious reading comprehension issues. The OP is well within his or her right to post feedback. It was also polite and constructive.

If you don't like the thread, then here's a thought, leave.

"I quit" threads are cries for attention. If there really wanted to let Blizzard know, they would use the form field when they unsubscribe. Personally, if you are gonna quit, Quit and shut up about it, I'd don't care to know your reasons.

There is a major difference between an I quit thread that cry's for attention an a I quit thread that's being constructive.

as the OP said... blizzard encourage's people to make the kind of posts he just did (and the form field that you have mentioned has a limited space to respond... the OP's post wouldn't have fit).

as the person you quoted said.. if you don't like this threads don't go in them/leave. These aren't your forums... they are blizzard's and blizzard says they can post these types of threads.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
11/29/2012 05:41 AMPosted by Furbundnis
Oh I'm sorry, but you mistook me for someone who gives a crap

Good thing that this is a forum where you're encouraged to give your feedback and not run by you then.

11/29/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Ravenhawke
"I quit" threads are cries for attention. If there really wanted to let Blizzard know, they would use the form field when they unsubscribe. Personally, if you are gonna quit, Quit and shut up about it, I'd don't care to know your reasons.

You do realize that if it's not a short post, they tell you to post why you're quitting on the forums, right?

Or at least they did last time I unsubbed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]