The main reason I'm canceling is that as a casual PVEer and an alt-oholic, I have to deal with way too much grind. I don't like to rely on boss loot due to RNG and having to deal with loot drama. Unfortunately, the JP/VP system in MoP takes too much grind to compensate. The lack of flying until level 90 also really hurts for a player who loves flying.
Below are changes that will make me come back. With the exception of the first two, they're not in any order. Just some of these changes will be enough to make me want to come back.
- Remove level 90 flying restriction.
- Update vanilla character models for players.
- Remove limitations on transmog.
- Remove rep requirements for VP gears. However, to give a positive light on rep grinding, give discounts to VP gears for grinding rep. 25% off at revered and 50% off at exalted, for example.
- Remove Golden Lotus rep requirements for other reps.
- Increase the rep from Golden Lotus dailies to 250 per quest before commendations.
- Double JP/VP gains from all sources for the first run each day (as in 150 per, pre-MoP).
- Individualize loot drops from dungeon finder to be like raid finder... but with a higher chance of getting loot. Or heck, anything so players don't have to deal with loot drama and have a more positive experience with other players. This is a team oriented game, after all.
- Slightly increase chances of getting gears from scenarios (though 5.1 may be enough of a change... not sure since I haven't run enough to notice a difference).
- Make ToC 5-man more solo-friendly (jousting sucks).
Below are things I enjoyed about 5.0 and MoP:
- Account wide mounts.
- Majority of the specs are more fun than 4.0.
- More challenging solo contents. Love fighting the rare creatures in MoP.
- Solo contents give VP. Granted, 5 per quest is too little, but better than nothing.
- Epic feeling and well scripted solo quests. Some quests feel like solo raids.
- Scenarios give instant queues for DPS.
- More options that give something for every player; Raid finder, dungeon finder, challenge modes, casual heroics, dailies give VP, scenarios, etc.
- Inviting friends across realms to quest.
- The concept of public CRZ. It has issues but if Blizzard addresses player concerns, CRZ would be awesome.
- More compact zones, better quest placements and flow, etc. to make ground mounts feel more natural. As much as I want flying, I have to admit that in MoP, being grounded is not as terrible as it was in LK.
- BMAH. I can't play long enough for raids so the chance to get some raid mounts sounds awesome.
- Everything else.