What spec should I level?

85 Night Elf Rogue
Decided to start playing again, so I'm wondering if Sub is good for leveling? I always preferred sub over the other specs, but just wanted some input on it since I Rogues seem to be lacking dmg outside of SV. Would really appreciate the help!

-B
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Won't recommend sub at all, positioning can be uncomfortable during leveling and mobs have quite a bit of HP, so it isn't like 1-80 where you could probably 2 shot every mob.

Combat or Assassination, I think the latter wins out though.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Positioning is kinda moot, though. Sub rogues don't need to use Backstab while leveling; they learn Hemorrhage at level 10, and that can be used as their main combo point builder outside of dungeons. (Technically it does lower DPS, but it's not massively lower, and DPS doesn't mean a whole lot when you're leveling.)

Bottom line is that any spec is totally fine. It's more a playstyle question than a "which does better" question. See the sticky at the top of this forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083749119
Edited by Rfeann on 11/29/2012 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Thank you guys very much for the replies & help!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
For me i just stopped by the AH, picke up an ilvl 450 fist weapon, cashed in my legendaries and went combat. 85-88ish flew by since the weapon damage was out of control. After that it becomes a struggle. Personally for leveling i do like combat + leeching.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]