so your point was to make the gap bigger?

90 Draenei Mage
DEAR lord add into game the BLUE quality pvp weapons that are ALREADY in the game files...the ilvl 458 ones with pvp power......if your afraid of pve people using them for pve....they are ilvl458 can get 463 from heroics very easily easier than getting a pvp weapon that requires 7250 honor to enable purchase....becuase atm i am FORCED to pve to get a pvp weapon....

by adding EVEN more pvp power to epic weapons you have made the gap even larger
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I agree with you Frostova. Adding in a 458 blue Pv weapon would make the transition into pvp much better and more balanced. The argument against it (having to PvP in order to PvE) doesn't seem relevant when the item is a lower level than those found in heroics. More to the point, the need for weapon balance in PvE is not nearly as game-altering as it is in PvP. You still have to know the fight mechanics to beat an encounter. Not having a PvP weapon in PvP right now is like walking in with a 20-25% power debuff.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The MAIN problem with "having to PvP in order to PvE" is that we currently have to PvE in order to PvP! It's absurd.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I was ok with using the heroic blues for the next two weeks while I farm up 7250 conquest (I been gone from game for 2 years came back about 2 weeks ago), but this patch just completely ruined my damage in PVP. I don't even come close to cutting through a warriors second wind proc. I do all the damage I can with one shot macros and cooldowns, but they just stay at 35% hp.

This was fine because I could stay alive. PVP power no longer improves my healing. SO now I cannot even stay alive with my blues while healing myself because I have just lost an effective 30% of my healing power!

SO my only choice now is to die over and over and over in arenas and BG's to try and farm out a pvp weapon, which STILL WILL BE WAY BEHIND the elite weapons. EVEN AFTER ALL THAT, I'll STILL be behind because now I need to UPGRADE THEM!!!

AND you know what else? I could have gotten at least 1800 rating with my heroic blues. Now? I'll be lucky to break 1500 because everyone else has their epic weapon already.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/30/2012 01:56 AMPosted by Dalmasca
I agree with you Frostova. Adding in a 458 blue Pv weapon would make the transition into pvp much better and more balanced. The argument against it (having to PvP in order to PvE) doesn't seem relevant when the item is a lower level than those found in heroics. More to the point, the need for weapon balance in PvE is not nearly as game-altering as it is in PvP. You still have to know the fight mechanics to beat an encounter. Not having a PvP weapon in PvP right now is like walking in with a 20-25% power debuff.

It's not that bad if you have one of the Terrace 483 weps. It's ~ 5% loss in dmg without the gem. Pretty sure the 458 PVP weps would actually be worse.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
mmmm big gap
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
There is no remaining logical reason for there not to be ilvl 458 pvp honor weapons.

You can have a ilvl 450 pve weapon in 20 minutes after dinging lvl 90 via the Arena of Annihilation scenario.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/30/2012 07:37 AMPosted by Act

It's not that bad if you have one of the Terrace 483 weps. It's ~ 5% loss in dmg without the gem. Pretty sure the 458 PVP weps would actually be worse.

To get one of those weps you need 470 ilvl which means spending gold on items you don't plan on ever using again if you exclusively pvp no reaosn at this point not to add in dreadful weps especially with the pvp power buff the difference between having a pvp wep and not is massive.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
11/30/2012 07:37 AMPosted by Act

458 weapons wouldn't replace 483's. Rares don't generally compete with epics. They would be a stepping stone for players who are starting bg/arena, just like heroic 463 weapons are starters for raids.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
you think blizzard cares about pvp at all?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]