Rant,

Greetings,

Now before i begin ill let you know more about me as a wow player...

I first started back in the day before Battlegrounds opened, back when Crossroads was the main source of pvp.

Now i feel over the years PvP has changed, sometimes for better... but lately for worse...

Now back in Vanilla it was fair game... okay locks were !@#$%ed about because of Fear? big woop... Yes paladins ment to be insane but only when played right... I was a Arms warrior (HWL "High Warlord") so i Encountered some of the best players, and some of the worst... hell i wasn't the best either.

BC Was a nice change, i moved onto my vanilla paladin holy. I loved this time in wow... the best year (i dropped out for some) of my wow experience pvp was even, people would ^-*!@ yes but it was skill based....

Now i never bothered with Wotlk or Cata due to doing trial runs and found it be a smash of the key fest...

In MoP... did some BG's for lols to see how its going again...

Got rolled by locks and warriors (Smash fest 0% skill)
Every class seemed to focus silence / cc on me making any form of play unbearable,

The amount of damage EVERY class can pump means... you go into a BG the second more than one person is on you, you die.

I understand blizzard wanting to "Even" the game because the baddies couldn't win back in the day by mashing their keyboard... but by doing this you have taken the "Skill" of pvp out of the game.

Now before people come in saying im just having a cry etc... im quite aware im only venting here and this is in my own opinion so if anyone says im wrong, you're a moron.

Yet to try Arena because my arena partner from BC stopped playing and refuse to "Get point capped" every week, i prefer making it a challenge going for 2.2k+ but im sure being limited to only having 2v2 would limit the CC/silence/burn fest...

Battlegrounds are ruined IMO (the point of the post) The game has become a children s mash fest which is disappointing after 8 years.

Rant over, please leave you hate mail below but will only prove you are one of those mashers :)

Rant over.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Greetings,

Now before i begin ill let you know more about me as a wow player...

I first started back in the day before Battlegrounds opened, back when Crossroads was the main source of pvp.

Wow, I can see your argument gains so much credibility from this! What relevance does it have to battlegrounds?

11/30/2012 01:18 AMPosted by Teziän
Now back in Vanilla it was fair game... okay locks were !@#$%ed about because of Fear? big woop... Yes paladins ment to be insane but only when played right... I was a Arms warrior (HWL "High Warlord") so i Encountered some of the best players, and some of the worst... hell i wasn't the best either.

Vanilla was not fair game. Windfury weapon procs, windfury totem, the DRs (or rather, lack of DRs at first).

Paladins "ment" to be insane? Paladins weren't insane.

I don't see High Warlord in your list. I see Senior Sergeant, Scout and Blood Guard. Not that you couldn't encounter r1 players regardless of your rank anyway.

BC Was a nice change, i moved onto my vanilla paladin holy. I loved this time in wow... the best year (i dropped out for some) of my wow experience pvp was even, people would ^-*!@ yes but it was skill based....

BC was better, it brought in resilience.

I don't know about lolmacestun and stunherald being skill based though. Iirc, didn't pally tier not have resilience on it because it had nearly every other stat? Might've been a later change to that old gear (I don't know why they would) but I definitely remember it at a point in cata when I was thinking of rolling a 70 twink hpally.

Now i never bothered with Wotlk or Cata due to doing trial runs and found it be a smash of the key fest...

If you look at/participate in high end arena/RBGs, you'll see there isn't much of a 'smashing key fest' going on, the likes of which is more prominent in random BG's.

In MoP... did some BG's for lols to see how its going again...

Got rolled by locks and warriors (Smash fest 0% skill)
Every class seemed to focus silence / cc on me making any form of play unbearable,

The amount of damage EVERY class can pump means... you go into a BG the second more than one person is on you, you die.

Yeah, it's not great at the moment. Yeah, over the years (several of which you didn't "bother" with) people learned to focus silence/CC, but yes, there is a bit much CC and floating around at the moment. (Note it isn't to the extent of "as soon as two people begin attacking you, you die" unless of course you're under 10% fighting someone and a monk comes and uses Touch of Death. I'll grant you that scenario)

I understand blizzard wanting to "Even" the game because the baddies couldn't win back in the day by mashing their keyboard... but by doing this you have taken the "Skill" of pvp out of the game.

This game, the spells we use and the different mechanics and ways we have of interacting spells, were far more simple 'back in the day' than they are now. We didn't HAVE to mash our keyboard. We could mash 1-4, that's all it took for many classes.

Now before people come in saying im just having a cry etc... im quite aware im only venting here and this is in my own opinion so if anyone says im wrong, you're a moron.

. . . Oh no, I'm now a certified moron for calling him out on stuff. You're remembering wrong mate.

Yet to try Arena because my arena partner from BC stopped playing and refuse to "Get point capped" every week, i prefer making it a challenge going for 2.2k+ but im sure being limited to only having 2v2 would limit the CC/silence/burn fest...

Get good partner -> push 2.2k? I don't get the point you're trying to make here. Are you trying to say 2s should be more balanced because there's less people? (which isn't the case anyway)

Battlegrounds are ruined IMO (the point of the post) The game has become a children s mash fest which is disappointing after 8 years.

Are you saying S key-mash fest? Or did you mistype "smash"? I'm fairly sure I used to see way more keyboard and S key-ers years ago than I do now. If you meant it's a smash fest at the moment, yeah, we all know burst is a bit high.

Rant over, please leave you hate mail below but will only prove you are one of those mashers :)

Rant over.

Really? You're that immature to say if I leave any "hate mail" (what is this, a postal service?) it proves I'm a "masher"?

Before someone asks why I dissected this Wall O' bull!@#$, I'm honestly just that bored. It's probably a troll post anyway, but it doesn't look like one from the way it's written.

@ OP I just countered your giant post, with an even bigger one.

Top that.
Edited by Thundër on 11/30/2012 2:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
Only read to the comment about hwl... Regardless of rank in vanilla you would be placed vs others of no rank.

I didn't make this post in order to try to outdo people.. Just making a post about my opinions I feel so honoured you took time out to reply... But in every expansion there were some faults guess what I ment was this one was the most flawed and made for those who have no skill base in pvp.

Any miss spells I apologise on iPhone with the stupid auto corrects haha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]