Valor Points capped at 1000?

90 Human Warlock
Ok it was bad enough that it was taking forever to earn valor but now they capped it at 1000 per week? What's the point of lfr or dungeons anymore?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
LOL, with all the "it's too hard to cap valor weekly" topics, I can't help but think this is a joke.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
You're gonna be pretty disappointed when you realize you can't even use those VP you get from your dungeons without doing endless dailies.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
11/30/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Pandemagium
You're gonna be pretty disappointed when you realize you can't even use those VP you get from your dungeons without doing endless dailies.

This is no longer true. VP's can be used to upgrade your existing epic gear without doing a single daily.

Edit: Also once upon a time (pre 4.3) in Cata, VP weekly cap was 980. Only 490 of these could come from Cataclysm launch heroics. The other 490 you had to get from doing Zandalari dungeons or raids. Before 4.1 there weren't even Zandalari dungeons so the only way to earn valor past 490/week was raiding.
Edited by Melaroi on 11/30/2012 2:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
11/30/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Inukem
Ok it was bad enough that it was taking forever to earn valor but now they capped it at 1000 per week? What's the point of lfr or dungeons anymore?

So let me see if I understand this. You are complaining that it takes too much time to get valor and then complain that you can't spend more time each week collecting valor because they force you to stop at 1000.

I think I see a solution to your problem. Spend less time each week collecting valor. You will never hit the cap so who cares about that, and you won't be spending as much time collecting it each week.

That's why they call me the Fixer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
11/30/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Melaroi

This is no longer true. VP's can be used to upgrade your existing epic gear without doing a single daily.

Right, a LFR item "upgraded" to 484 will totally be better than a 489 valor item.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
11/30/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Pandemagium
Right, a LFR item "upgraded" to 484 will totally be better than a 489 valor item.

I didn't say it was better, I only said that your statement was false. You don't need to do a single daily to spend your VP.

Edit: Also you would derive more benefit from raiding normal modes and upgrading those pieces than upgrading LFR pieces. Normal mode MSV is tuned for 463 ilvl.
Edited by Melaroi on 11/30/2012 2:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's been capped at 1000 per week for years...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
LOL, with all the "it's too hard to cap valor weekly" topics, I can't help but think this is a joke.

LOL, with all the fan boys who think's everyone gets on WoW for a few hours every day.

Doesn't change a thing about anything though. You put the time into something, you get rewarded for it. Put more time than another person, you benefit more. Or would you rather they just give you special treatment?

Edit: Oh and use of "fan boys" LOL. What are you, 5? Immediate name calling and judgment.
Edited by Eviloven on 11/30/2012 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
11/30/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Shiields

LOL, with all the fan boys who think's everyone gets on WoW for a few hours every day.

LOL, with all the pathetic haters that think everything in an RPG should be unlocked and doable in a day without having to do anything.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/30/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Crucafix

LOL, with all the pathetic haters that think everything in an RPG should be unlocked and doable in a day without having to do anything.

This is probably the sort of person who would be at a job, intentionally do minimal or sub-par work, but have a grudge against anyone who is actually putting in effort to present good results. Come time for promotion, the hard worker gets it while the slacker stays put and feels like the world is out to get them.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
11/30/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Yandere
Ok it was bad enough that it was taking forever to earn valor

but now they capped it at 1000 per week? What's the point of lfr or dungeons anymore?

Which one is it? Is it too easy or too hard to hit 1000 points? You said both.

PS: The 1000 point cap isn't new.

You're right the cap isn't new.

This is just the new thing to complain about. It started the other day with posts crying the blues about using VP to upgrade gear.

Apparently there's no way in hades to earn enough VP to buy gear and upgrade it unless the cap is adjusted. Which is funny because they complain that it takes forever to do dailies and get the VP that they get now yet somehow they have all the time in the world if they were able to get 1500-2000 in a week instead of 1k.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The cap was 3000 why is it now 1000? Who cares if people are getting gear quickly. It's not like we're going to get bored with the game. Some people like to level alts after they've completely geared their main...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The cap was 1000 weekly, 3000 maximum. Nothing changed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
11/30/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Melaroi

I didn't say it was better, I only said that your statement was false. You don't need to do a single daily to spend your VP.

Edit: Also you would derive more benefit from raiding normal modes and upgrading those pieces than upgrading LFR pieces. Normal mode MSV is tuned for 463 ilvl.

And if you aren't in a raiding guild, you aren't pugging normal MV with less than a 475 iLvl.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Blizz gives people more options in how to spend valor and they still complain. What do?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
11/30/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Shenanigans
Blizz gives people more options in how to spend valor and they still complain. What do?

Exercise the unclean.

*puts on dress and shower cap*

Hulabaloo and howdy do? Rusty prongs and Timbuktu! Yeltsy bi and hippity poo! Kick 'em in the dishpan, whoo whoo whoo!
Edited by Gorkag on 11/30/2012 4:19 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]