Alliance Xmog Contest?

90 Gnome Warrior
I would like to have a transmog contest for Alliance perhaps in SW or some other place that is agreeable. I am not sure when, or how much gold I could get together, or if anyone else would be interested in pitching in (I know Alliance has its mog lovers). If you don't know, my horde main is Samarrah, and I was very excited to participate in the Wow Factor Show that happened in July for the Hordies.

I realize everyone is probably focused on leveling their toons to 90 and getting geared and junk, but at some point in the near future I think having a mog contest would be fun.

I was thinking we'd need categories and given the low pop situation we can welcome lowbies as long as they are mogged. Gah! Okay, I will stop now with the rambling.

Any thoughts on this? Yes? No? Do share...
Edited by Desertgrape on 11/30/2012 5:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yes.

Although my vote probably goes to Lykos if she still has her old mog. Damn her and her fashion sense.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
A whole 5 people !
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/01/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Viralinfect
A whole 5 people !

Five people with better mogs than 98% of the Horde.

I would like to have a transmog contest for Alliance perhaps in SW or some other place that is agreeable. I am not sure when, or how much gold I could get together, or if anyone else would be interested in pitching in (I know Alliance has its mog lovers). If you don't know, my horde main is Samarrah, and I was very excited to participate in the Wow Factor Show that happened in July for the Hordies.

I realize everyone is probably focused on leveling their toons to 90 and getting geared and junk, but at some point in the near future I think having a mog contest would be fun.

I was thinking we'd need categories and given the low pop situation we can welcome lowbies as long as they are mogged. Gah! Okay, I will stop now with the rambling.

Any thoughts on this? Yes? No? Do share...

I think it would be an awesome idea, except for the fact that I can almost guarantee the party would be crashed by one or two raids full of bored Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
A whole 5 people !

This.

---Also-- I was thinking about having "goodie bags" for people who showed up, whether they win or not! If there are only a few people that means more swag for those who are there! 8)

12/01/2012 10:33 PMPosted by Aurelia
I think it would be an awesome idea, except for the fact that I can almost guarantee the party would be crashed by one or two raids full of bored Horde.

We could pick a sanctuary city like Shatt or some odd location if there are a few of us like maybe inside a raid/dungeon. We could really get creative trying to avoid getting ganked!! :D
Edited by Desertgrape on 12/1/2012 11:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm totally up for this.

And as much as I'd love to be there on Tal, I don't think the other participants, nor the Stormwind guards, would look too fondly on that.

Luckily, I have an adorable NE Druid to make a new mog for now. Quite excited at the prospect :)
Edited by Taluka on 12/1/2012 11:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I'm totally up for this.

And as much as I'd love to be there on Tal, I don't think the other participants, nor the Stormwind guards, would look too fondly on that.

Luckily, I have an adorable NE Druid to make a new mog for now. Quite excited at the prospect :)

As usual, your xmog does not disappoint!! I am sure your Druid would look amazing! :D
Edited by Desertgrape on 12/1/2012 11:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think that you use the KISS methos. Keep It Simple, Stupid. :)

Have the rules be best mog for each expansion. so only level 60 and below can wear "vanilla" gear, 60-70 BC etc. etc.

????

Not sure exactly, but not have it clogged up with so many rules that it stops being fun.

::edit::

And I am totally down with participating.

Maybe not expansion specific, maybe just best mog for lvl 60, 70, 80, 85, and 90. No rules just best of show for each level cap that there was?
Edited by Baconcupcake on 12/2/2012 2:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I do like that. It's very cut and dry. No complcations. No hard feelings.

best overall too/most unique! :D :D
Reply Quote
How about best "yard sale" set. Unique, completely matching set from all unrelated, not tier, or pvp set.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I do very much like the idea of separating recipe sets from non-recipe ones.

It's frustrating being compared to a guy who's just wearing a pre-made tier set, when you're in a set that's 100% original and crafted from your own sense of style, not Blizzards.

That being said, there are some awesome recipe sets, and it's interesting to see how people accent them differently. It's just absurd to compare it to a set that entirely unique.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
12/02/2012 02:11 AMPosted by Baconcupcake
How about best "yard sale" set. Unique, completely matching set from all unrelated, not tier, or pvp set.

love it.

*edit*

I do very much like the idea of separating recipe sets from non-recipe ones.

It's frustrating being compared to a guy who's just wearing a pre-made tier set, when you're in a set that's 100% original and crafted from your own sense of style, not Blizzards.

That being said, there are some awesome recipe sets, and it's interesting to see how people accent them differently. It's just absurd to compare it to a set that entirely unique.

That is so true. Does this mean a "best overall set" would be a little unfair or hard to determine? If so it's no biggie.

Side note: really digging fem gnome hairstyles. <3
Edited by Desertgrape on 12/2/2012 7:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/01/2012 10:33 PMPosted by Aurelia

98% is a big % I know alot of people horde side that have banks filled with mog gear and full voids.

Also im still working on the one ive got on needs cloak and gloves
Edited by Viralinfect on 12/2/2012 12:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
*bump* something to think about at some point! this will happen!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I would love to be part of this. However, my entry would be a technicality as my set would be valor.

The technicality being heirloom gear does not change appearance as you level, regardless of the stats changing. Therefore it fits the idea of transmogrification, even though I'm not actually transmogrifying a thing.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
IMO Luna always has the best xmog gear :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]