Brawler's Guild: Rank 7 - Battletron help

90 Dwarf Shaman
Has ANY casters been able to beat him since he was buffed? I cant see any non-melee ever down him unless they're 500ilvl or something

The amount of movement to not blow up the mines is just beyond crazy and the DPS required to not hit the enrage is roughly 85k. And lets not talk about the damage going out.

How can a caster pull that off? If you did, any tip or advise would help greatly. I would love not to have to build a enhancement set...

A small reduction of his health would be much apreciated.

P.S. the lowest i got him was 1mill when the enrage hit so far...
Edited by Brudengahrd on 12/1/2012 7:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I'm at 492 equipped, mind you my weapon is pretty good.

Just use a big defensive, pop two mines and DPS through the gap the entire time. Really not that bad for melee.

The ones in rank 8 on the other hand are pretty awful with how tiny the hit boxes are though ;(
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Sorry, i didnt update my armory, my MS is Ele, this Enhancement set is just something i pieced up together as a laughable attempt of going him as melee (still missing alot of pieces...)

My Ele ilvl is 487, but yeah, i got a 463 weapon, might be the problem, might not.

My issue is doing this as a caster. the movement needed, the dps required and the damage being done to you... its impossible...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I can't even count how many times I've gotten him to sub 1mill at this point, It's really freaking frustrating. I understand if he was a little a low on health but DOUBLING it was completely ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that for Boomkins, the C'thun eye is about the only rank 8 you stand a chance at killing. Brawler's Guild really shows off class imbalances, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
It wasn't too bad as shadow. I could DP/shield/VE/HS and sit still for about 60-70% of the fight. Once I ran out of them I had to move. It was still really close but doable.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
12/01/2012 10:52 PMPosted by Telepathy
It wasn't too bad as shadow. I could DP/shield/VE/HS and sit still for about 60-70% of the fight. Once I ran out of them I had to move. It was still really close but doable.

Looking at your gear i guess i was right.

So its pretty much a gear check now, not a skill check, nice to know blizzard said the Brawler's guild would be to show off skill, not gear...

So ill just pray i get the mace from LFR next reset (im getting the gem too this reset) and then try again to see if my dps jumped to about 90-100k
Edited by Brudengahrd on 12/2/2012 7:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I beat him yesterday morning, and a warlock in my guild beat him last night. The fight's really silly now in my opinion, too much HP with the "mechanic" they put in that punishes ranged, I had to do some really crazy things to be able to make the timer.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 07:37 AMPosted by Brudengahrd
So its pretty much a gear check now

God forbid it last the entirety of the content patch it was introduced in.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
So its pretty much a gear check now

Blizzard said it was a show of skill, not a show of gear, yes, people should be able to clear all 8 ranks.

Most of them are perfect, 1 shot mechanics to dodge, or many hurtfull things to get out/watch out for.

Doing the fight right and getting killed by the "enrage" because i lack the crazy dps requirement is NOT the intended design of the Brawler's guild.
Edited by Brudengahrd on 12/2/2012 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
12/02/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Mneme

It's significantly harder than the fights the precede it, and the fight that follows it, in order to reach rank 8. The DPS check is on par with most rank 8 fights, arguably it is harder than one or two of them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I haven't tested it thoroughly but I think if you micromanage your pet with Move To you can have them gain their own stacks in the beams you can't stand in.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Every single fight has had a dps check. This one is just a bit higher than the ones before it. It's quite reasonable to expect someone to do 85k dps for such a short time, especially with free pots provided.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This is an incredibly tedious fight with a now unreasonable enrage timer. Kinda ridiculous to hotfix a fight from 'doable' to 'not allowed unless you have a heroic raid weapon'.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Took me about 3 attempts as post nerf Fire. I would soak 4 orbs with Alter Time and procs up, revert back and continue to nuke as he would get out new orbs. I would be able to go through my whole Time Warp before I had to run around and Scorch spam. I managed to kill him in about 95 seconds.
Reply Quote
97 Undead Priest
12/02/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Mneme

If it did that because of horribly unforgiving mechanics, I would be OK with that. However they did it with a zero mechanic DPS burn that is unreachable for many classes in the current gear level (at least until heroic raid gear).
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
R8 is plain ridiculous for the most, but I like it. I wish I had the choice to select which fights I'll go against, so I can swap specs accordingly, I feel like having that choice adds to the challenge. Zen'shar is a lot easier if I go Demonology, but if I go Demo, Millhouse becomes impossible since the pets don't get the benefit from the buff. *shrug*

I feel this sentiment so so much. I would've killed Epicus maximus if I had Unleashed Fury instead of Elemental blast(Enraged at 900k) which I couldn't use the whole fight but is extremely well on Millhouse. =[.

Considering just going in with my spec every time and just wiping it if it's not who I need it to be lol.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/08/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Poena

If it did that because of horribly unforgiving mechanics, I would be OK with that. However they did it with a zero mechanic DPS burn that is unreachable for many classes in the current gear level (at least until heroic raid gear).

But there are mechanics for the fight- you need to soak a few big hits, and you need to DPS on the move. That you need to pull 84k DPS for the fight before the enrage is another mechanic. Yes, its hard, and you might die alot (I sure know I did), but with effort, excellent play, and gear, all of the fights are plenty doable.

I did the fight as a melee with a lower gear level than you have. I've seen casters and melee with less gear than me do the fight before and after me, before and after the nerf. Bring a flask, bring buff food, get a raid group going to get full raid buffs, pre-pot before he spawns, do everything you can to squeeze out as much DPS as you can. I had dozens of wipes sub 10%, and what I did was tighten up my play and start using flasks and buff food. That was enough to get me the kill post buff to his health pool.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I just beat it today on maybe my 8th try.

That said I had full raid buffs. I also cheat since with changes to affliction I can do my full 100% dips while mobile, and I get an extra 6 seconds with dark barrier up!

I saw an elemental get it to 1% today but not a kill sadly. Considering I'm fairly geared and for all intents and purposes i did my full dps moving (77k) I don't know how other casters are supposed to kill him.

With his high hp they should add a dps bonus for exploding orbs, to help out classes who can explode it, then heal up.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I'm also stuck on this boss. My best attempt ended at sub 10 % and i was soaking 4 orbs ''waves''. The fifth one was too much for me x.x
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]